homepage_large.8636abfb.jpg

After a few EPs for Tri Angle, darkly shaded producer Chris Dexter, aka oOoOO, is launching his very own label, Nihjgt Feelings, which is "currently based on the Turkish island of Bozcaada". The label, which is run by Dexter and "a few local music devotees", kicks off with oOoOO's proper debut LP, Without Your Love, which sees release June 24. "Stay Here" is the first single from the album, and the subterranean tune features M.L. on vocals.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/15249-stay-here-ft-ml/

https://soundcloud.com/ooooosounds/stay-here-ft-ml

I dunno about you guys but this is instant pre-order for me. :wub:

pseudo-edit:

I actually think oOoOO and Purity Ring are the hottest newcomers of the last two or three years. I didn't dig oOoOO's last Our Love Is Hurting Us EP (I actually own it on CD and it was a bit of a bitch to get a hold of) as much as his first one, but his production skills are still standing out.

I've been following his soundcloud for a while and he posts some proper mad shit from time to time. His Danny Brown remix was super dope, his Quietus Mix is worth checking out as well. (he has a tendency to take the tracks off his page after a while though) ... As for the new track, I don't know if I like him working with male vocals so much, but that little three-note-melody at the end is already selling the whole track for me.

Gonna be one killer debut LP for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Rulohead32

Wow I can't believe this thread still hasn't got any comment. The album is good, in the line of his previous ep's, but I think he hasn't done anything "new", I personally like more the ep's.

Favourite tracks: Stay Here, 3:51 AM, Mouchette, The South.

^this one's pretty sick, too. They both got Butterclock (a girl from Berlin) on vocals, she's pretty tight alright. I don't know about the other stuff on the new album yet, but wasn't overly thrilled about the vocals on the Stay Here track I've heard either. Waiting for my copy to arrive at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived