IGNORED

The Black Dog - Tranklements

chassis

• 1 month later...

IT's a nice chilled out album. I like a lot of the tracks. And though I'm not the biggest Black Dogs fan around I can say with confidence that I like this a lot more than some of the previous releases.

My favorite is First Cut, always has been since the soundcloud album samples were out. Wish they'd had more of that but oh well. I was going to preorder the vinyl and all but it's a bit expensive... I still might though...

Guest Corvus

IT's a nice chilled out album. I like a lot of the tracks. And though I'm not the biggest Black Dogs fan around I can say with confidence that I like this a lot more than some of the previous releases.

My favorite is First Cut, always has been since the soundcloud album samples were out. Wish they'd had more of that but oh well. I was going to preorder the vinyl and all but it's a bit expensive... I still might though...

Probably my favorite too with "Cult Mentality"

In fact, I like the whole album, I wasn't expecting something like this from The Black Dog anymore.

This album is really consistent and I really like the way they put together these IDM, Techno & Ambient tracks.

My favorite release from them since "Music For Real Airports"

Atavistic sounds like a real nice semi-vintage TBD-track, more in the spirit of Radio Scarecrow, which is lovely! (Although Music For Real Airports was a great release, too!)

I think I'll get this. TBD somehow produce the most honest, most un-pretentious, most straight forward and downright enjoyable tunes. It's sympathetic.

TBD somehow produce the most honest, most un-pretentious, most straight forward and downright enjoyable tunes. It's sympathetic.

Yeah that's a good way to describe their sound/tracks. It's clean, it's straightforward, and that's about all I expect from them so I'm happy.

Probably my favorite too with "Cult Mentality"

In fact, I like the whole album, I wasn't expecting something like this from The Black Dog anymore.

This album is really consistent and I really like the way they put together these IDM, Techno & Ambient tracks.

My favorite release from them since "Music For Real Airports"

Same here. Best thing they've put out since then.

Guest dylanmcknd

Fuck yeah Black Dog.

I think I'll get this. TBD somehow produce the most honest, most un-pretentious, most straight forward and downright enjoyable tunes. It's sympathetic.

I 100% agree with this.

Triple LP £45. LOL

I think you may have retardation. the price is £25, not £45.

Named after the Sheffield slang for trinkets, the ninth LP from IDM trailblazers The Black Dog is a retro electronic pop goldmine. From the opening squelch bass and sci-fi keyboards of ‘Alien Boys’ to the warehouse techno of ‘Cult Mentality’ and ‘Bolt 93’... more

Yeah but shipping through the Dust Store is kinda murder. The bonus stuff though like two free tracks you don't get anywhere else is worth it however.

it's only 'murder' if you're outside of the UK, which KGW isn't.

Also, Bleep price doesn't include shipping price. so shipping would be extra, and still be more expensive than Dust store, very likely.

OK so we were both right and Bleep is having a right laugh!

My mum and dad live in Sheffield, reckon tBd would let them go round and pick it up?

• 2 months later...

dog spazzzzzzzzzzz man u retar u spaz lol EUGENICS dopplereffekt SS 88 spaz spaz SPASTIC rock against communism RETARD SPAZ ibiza

It's the first post-Plaid TBD I listen to and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I do agree it's straight-forward but at the same time the tracks don't seem to go anywhere and it doesn't even sound too pretty most of the time. It's not too bad, though, just a bit boring... Should I check out any of their other albums in particular? I liked Bytes and Spanners a lot...

Going from that soundcloud clip, I think I'm going to like this one. These are relaxed tunes to have on in the background with enough progressions to keep things interesting. It's probably going to sound retarded, but I generally like these soulful typed techno tunes. There's indeed a risk of boredom, but I feel these tracks have enough of an edge and personality to keep things interesting.

Hasn't got much to do with old TBD, but I don't know why people are even thinking about having to make that argument anymore. That's ancient history.

Hadn't heard the preview until now ... some of it sounds a tad too "clubby" for me. I prefer it when they are a bit more serious like on Radio Scarecrow and Music For Real Airports. The track starting around 14:40 is so sweet though, I might buy it for that one alone. What's it called?

Archived