IGNORED

Kanye West has become the Kevin Bacon of music

Rubin Farr

This was quite a listen. If I didn't know it was Kanye, I wouldn't have realized it was him in a lot of parts. I've only heard him in pressured soundbites (YOU DON'T GOT THE ANSWERS, SWAY). It was obviously a little meandering and Joe showed some misunderstanding of bipolar disorder ("I woulda told you to exercise bro!") but I enjoyed it. A Bernie/Kanye ticket would be brilliant honestly. 

16 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

He's 100 times more rational and down to earth than the candidates who were in the debate.

"I am chosen by God to lead this country" is rational? It's for the sake of personal achievements and accolade grabbing. Same shit as other career politicians. Money opens all the doors, regardless of merit. Just because he manages to squeeze in some insights, does not make him a statesman.

Edited by cichlisuite
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

"I am chosen by God to lead this country" is rational? It's for the sake of personal achievements and accolade grabbing. Same shit as other career politicians. Money opens all the doors, regardless of merit. Just because he manages to squeeze in some insights, does not make him a statesman.

At least the political points he is making are rational, the fact that he believes god had a hand in him starting to run for president doesnt matter then.

8 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

Did I say that Kanye is rational ?

12 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Did I say that Kanye is rational ?

9 hours ago, drillkicker said:

He's 100 times more rational and down to earth than the candidates who were in the debate.

eee macarena

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I saw Kevin Bacon in Tremors the other night, and his performance did not remind me of Kanye West.

Yeah, please someone remove this fucking Kevin Bacon from the thread title and just leave "Ye" or summink, it's really annoying...

On 10/25/2020 at 2:55 AM, ignatius said:

wtf stream of consciousness tied to a kite and let go into a hurricane forever ascending up into the edge of space. 

listening to some more of this now.. it's much better. he sounds better and in a better place. making sense etc. much more interesting to listen to. joe rogan doing a good job of things. 

the idea of his mega monastery is creepy though.. and reminded me instantly of Neal Stephenson's Anathem. 

anyway.. once he settles down some he's much easier to listen to and follow. some of his ideas are interesting and hopefully some of the positive things come off well over time because who knows.. maybe something will click for people and make sense down the road and become a thing that helps some people. shrug. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thumbass said:

People are definitely overhating on ye

to be fair he made it pretty easy for a long time.  i'm still not a big fan of his music or anything and there's plenty to turn me off about him but this interview w/joe rogan makes some things about him more clear. still sounds like he wants to start a cult at times but it also sounds like he's thinking of big ideas etc as the times kind of call for that. the religious stuff turns me off but if it's a means to an end that stays positive for other people then so be it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

to be fair he made it pretty easy for a long time.  i'm still not a big fan of his music or anything and there's plenty to turn me off about him but this interview w/joe rogan makes some things about him more clear. still sounds like he wants to start a cult at times but it also sounds like he's thinking of big ideas etc as the times kind of call for that. the religious stuff turns me off but if it's a means to an end that stays positive for other people then so be it. 

Yea I het what you mean, but he gets taken completely out of context so often it's not even funny anymore.

15 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

my man ye gettin some love on the friggin idm forum

tenor.gif

He's the goat?‍♂️

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

my man ye gettin some love on the friggin idm forum

tenor.gif

He seems to be a really nice honest person, but theres a lotta work to do if he wants to be a president. You can't pray after you've been asked about military and hostile governments...

Edited by Adamovich