IGNORED

Kanye West has become the Kevin Bacon of music

Rubin Farr

He’s having a real meltdown on Instagram, this whatever text feud with Diddy has engulfed other people, I’m not even sure who he’s talking to sometimes. He really needs help, or be placed in a conservatorship.

31D7B92C-D1AA-4A99-8918-90108F398BE5.jpeg

18 hours ago, thumbass said:

I feel so bad for him. I don't understand the people hating on him really, you can clearly see he's not well. It feels a bit low 

Making fun of people with mental health issues is easy and normalised. I see it very often on this forum in fact.

• Thanks 1

lol at this cunt. he's going full Pink.

thewall1-700x299.jpg

21 hours ago, milkface said:

Making fun of people with mental health issues is easy and normalised. I see it very often on this forum in fact.

mental health issues don't excuse you from basic standards of behaviour where you are clearly capable of keeping them, no matter how fashionable it is now to identify yourself as a neurodivergent emotionally disabled obsessive compulsive chronically ill survivor of whatever. almost everyone on this planet has mental health issues. most of them don't have the option of ignoring their meds and acting out knowing they'll just be babied by everyone cos they're rich and famous.

• Like 5

Maybe I've missed it but can't recall any real nastiness on here towards mental health issues. Though having said that, it's not the place I would feel comfortable airing mine.....

Edited by beerwolf

not a very genius-like thing to say

never understood why people idolized him and gilded him with money. but that's what he wanted, to be a golden calf.

it all just flew over my head, maybe since I've been out of the states since before they made him into the greatest genius who ever lived.

Edited by rek
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, rek said:

not a very genius-like thing to say

never understood why people idolized him and gilded him with money. but that's what he wanted, to be a golden calf.

it all just flew over my head, maybe since I've been out of the states since before they made him into the greatest genius who ever lived.

i've heard young people who really don't know much about anything talk about him and the first thing that comes out their mouths is "he's a genius"... and not teenagers but 25yr old dudes who work in tech or drive for grubhub or whatever. the job isn't so relevant as it seems american culture is really prone to this kind of hero worship for a while now where it's like mixed wa sort of savior complex or they're desperately looking for something meaningful to latch on to because their lives lack a lot of real meaning or life experiences. so, this guy out there rags to riches who everyone talks about and is now worth a billion dollars or whatever and is so "misunderstood" and in the eyes of normies and mainstream people he is out on the edge of what they get exposed to. the same people would be confused or react violently to.. say.. a couple experimental musicians who like to play w/the lights out when they're on tour... and this isn't a "the only music i listen to is harsh noises made in the 60s and recorded directly to wax cylinder" it's just that the squares and normies don't get out enough or they're just young and close minded and they're sheep.. waiting for the masses to say it's OK to like something and tell them where the next trend is... 

fuck if i know anything about anything but seems.. a lot of the time that gossip thrives on empty lives... chewing gum for the brain or whatever. 

• Like 2

This cunts got himself locked into a promotional arms race with himself hasnt he?

The formula is "say some controversial things, get headlines, get everyone talking about you, release mediocre record at peak of controversy, fuck off for a bit". Only the controversial bit always has to be more controversial the last one otherwise no-one cares, and he won't sell as many copies of whatever fucking rubbish music he recorded for the occasion.

"But he has a mental illness Boohoo" get fukt

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

This cunts got himself locked into a promotional arms race with himself hasnt he?

The formula is "say some controversial things, get headlines, get everyone talking about you, release mediocre record at peak of controversy, fuck off for a bit". Only the controversial bit always has to be more controversial the last one otherwise no-one cares, and he won't sell as many copies of whatever fucking rubbish music he recorded for the occasion.

"But he has a mental illness Boohoo" get fukt

Why are you so worked up over this. He's not hurting you and you don't have to listen to his music. Goddamn cry about it

• Burger 1

14 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Why are you so worked up over this. He's not hurting you and you don't have to listen to his music. Goddamn cry about it

Im not even remotely worked up, I'm reading my post back now- is it because I did some swears?

I'm observing that this cycle has been going on for fucking YEARS, and what is the logical endpoint of the controversy arms race? Kanye gets on a cross literally crucifies himself live on instagram to sell an album?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Im not even remotely worked up, I'm reading my post back now- is it because I did some swears?

I'm observing that this cycle has been going on for fucking YEARS, and what is the logical endpoint of the controversy arms race? Kanye gets on a cross literally crucifies himself live on instagram to sell an album?

let's hope so. he can join these dudes at the mcdonalds. 

DaUYOuK.png

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

11 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

It’s pretty clear there’s a little bird on Ye’s shoulder that has discovered she has a puppet that she can manipulate.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/candace-owens-husband-parler-ceo-b1851122.html?amp

yeah, g farmer is getting finessed for sure as he's a means to an end. but as he's a right winger so he's willingly cool with it too.

• Facepalm 1

Balenciaga has no longer any relationship nor any plans for future projects related to this artist,” Kering said in a response to a query from WWD. It did not elaborate further.

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/demna-balenciaga-breaks-up-with-ye-anti-semitic-threats-hate-speech-1235397358/

giphy.gif

so gap deal fell thru but adidas deal is still on