IGNORED

A Civilized Discussion on Gender Issues

Guest A/D

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol this thread is so civil. I found three or four of your articles wanting and you just ignored that and keep reposting them.

yes in some ways men are disadvantged legally, but if you think women are not at a bigger disadvantage you're ignoring reality. also im not sure if goDel is getting divorced but I am. luckily because i treated my partners with respect i was able to conclude them amicably.

you might want to correlate your attitudes toward women with the lack of a meaningful one in your life (besides your mother)

lol this thread is so civil. I found three or four of your articles wanting and you just ignored that and keep reposting them.

yes in some ways men are disadvantged legally, but if you think women are not at a bigger disadvantage you're ignoring reality. also im not sure if goDel is getting divorced but I am. luckily because i treated my partners with respect i was able to conclude them amicably.

you might want to correlate your attitudes toward women with the lack of a meaningful one in your life (besides your mother)

Are you trying to imply the only reason women ever choose to take men's bank accounts to the cleaners when they get divorced is if the man treated them badly?

It is true, though, that you are clearly going to stick to your view despite convincing arguments to the contrary. You kindly acceded a number of my points, but haven't changed your overall tune. The point about the rape statistic study stopping at a young age and not representing more commonly believed numbers at older ages was not addressed. You also seem to despise sociopolitical practices that are unfair to men as if they were decreed by God instead of having their own history that at least explains them even when it does not justify them (e.g., the draft). And you show a pretension to speak on behalf of the experience of women whom you don't know, and of types of women you say you have never met nor talked to (nor, I presume, read a first-person account by).

So there really is no reason to continue debating with you or taking your claims seriously. It becomes obvious when someone is more out to prove they're right at all costs instead of actually communicating with another human being. It's just lucky for you there are so many who get roped back in by your inflammatory comments, so that this thread and the previous one could keep burning on.

Listen, I meant it when I said civil, and I intend to keep it that way. If nobody can keep it in their pants, I'm going to abandon the idea of talking about this until we can all grow up a little. Baiting each other and being jerks makes me lose respect for both sides.

Zeffolia, I'm pointing the finger at you for instigating the decline in tone. So far Chen and Encey have poked very relevant holes in your sources and arguments, and you haven't been able to rebut them. Instead, you've been reframing the discussion to suit your ends and repeating yourself. You're more interested in dialectical tricks and making vague, emotional, unsourceable claims than in addressing the concerns of people who have been willing to meet you halfway. You really could convert people to your views if you were able to intellectually back up what you're saying. If you want to win my respect in this discussion, don't back up your statements sources that people have legitimately shown to be questionable, and defend them without name calling. Only state things you're willing to pick apart logically and impartially.

The rest of you guys, do the same. Only a few haven't stooped to anger and petty trolling. If you were right, you wouldn't need to do that.

Guest disparaissant

yeah sorry for shitting on your thread a/d but people like zeff don't strike me as worth anyone's time. i'll refrain from posting any further unless i really feel like making a legitimate argument, which i don't, because it just seems pointless.

I'm pretty sure I've already addressed all of these criticisms of the sources I've posted and took back the ones you showed as biased

For the past however many pages no more sources have been given, just hate speech by that lesbian gal and pictures of women killing men.

I don't feel like scrolling through 18 pages again to find what you are talking about

Guest disparaissant

"hate speech"

give it a rest zeffolia, hyperbole will get you nowhere. several people have pointed out exactly where you have failed to address points in the last few pages and you're willfully ignoring it.

"hate speech"

give it a rest zeffolia, hyperbole will get you nowhere. several people have pointed out exactly where you have failed to address points in the last few pages and you're willfully ignoring it.

Really, several people?

The only people having a somewhat civil discussion are encey and ad

You're posting all kinds of men being murdered in paintings

Which I will follow up with some more

warning: graphic

Is this okay to post? Is it less okay to post than women KILLING men? If so, why?

http://puu.sh/2E5Mj.gif

http://puu.sh/2E5s8.gif

http://puu.sh/2E5uc.gif

http://puu.sh/2E5v2.gif

http://puu.sh/2E5B1.gif

Guest disparaissant

frankly, the fact that you have/know where to find those gifs says quite a bit about you. what i posted was classic paintings, what you're posting is real women actually being hurt.

the lack of ability to see the difference in equivalency is kind of endemic of your behaviour in this thread.

that's fucked up zeff

Yeah? It's fucked up? Women being harmlessly injured a LITTLE bit?

Why didn't you say Dispairrant's page and a half of women gruesomely BEHEADING men is fucked up?

Because most cultures view men's lives as disposable

Hence nobody cares about the workplace death gap or men's health in general compared to women's.

frankly, the fact that you have/know where to find those gifs says quite a bit about you. what i posted was classic paintings, what you're posting is real women actually being hurt.

the lack of ability to see the difference in equivalency is kind of endemic of your behaviour in this thread.

So because these paintings are classic it's okay that the women are murdering men?

Because this has just sort of always been this way, it's okay?

It's no different and I can say the same to you minus the irrelevant "classic painting" part

Archived