IGNORED

my brother the islamist

keltoi

Guest Iain C

I don't have time to watch this video at work, but something I will say from my own observations of European converts in the UK - and this is backed up by several Muslim people I've spoken to - is that ginger people are disproportionately represented. Fuck, just go out on the streets any Saturday. If there's a group of Muslims preaching or handing out leaflets and one of them is European, odds on he's a ginger.

My theory is that we (gingers) feel rejected by society and are thus particularly susceptible to romantic alternative identities (ie Muslim, Nazi, Communist, Fireman)

Guest Iain C

Just skipped through it and caught a glimpse of the hilarious Anjem Choudary - actually a former colleague of mine said that her cousin (or possibly another relative?) was married to him, and he was an arsehole. Which probably shouldn't come as much of a surprise.

Saw that when it was on TV a few years back, definitely a worthy watch even if you've no particular religious inclinations. It reminded me of some of Jon Ronson's docs

Archived