IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL I can't believe you all guys give a fuck about this BOC vinyl mystery bullshit, I really feel sorry for those guys "ejaculating" because there is something new about BoC these days, as an all-time BoC listener I'd like to see a new LP coming soon from Warp/something else but not this yt/rumour garbage... :shrug:

inb4 fanbois throwing shit at me for being honest

S'just a bit of fun, innit. Like Thom Yorke selling you a bag of lemons in the High Street with GPS co-ordinates attached which give you directions to where Jonny Greenwood gets his hair cut.

Guest Dogboy73

S'just a bit of fun, innit. Like Thom Yorke selling you a bag of lemons in the High Street with GPS co-ordinates attached which give you directions to where Jonny Greenwood gets his hair cut.

It's exactly like that actually .......... Wake me up when an actual fucking release happens :D

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz .......... /637288/ .............

Guest Warabou

LOL I can't believe you all guys give a fuck about this BOC vinyl mystery bullshit, I really feel sorry for those guys "ejaculating" because there is something new about BoC these days, as an all-time BoC listener I'd like to see a new LP coming soon from Warp/something else but not this yt/rumour garbage... :shrug:

yeah man, why's every release supposed to be a normal, boring "here ya go.." like you want? People are having fun with this. You can ignore it if you hate communal fun and excitement so much, jesus christ.

Even those that find this annoying should temper their criticism. It's like two timid little hedgehogs have just emerged wide-eyed from their den after an 8 year slumber, sniffing the air for signs of trouble.

whispers: whatever...you...do...don't...scare...them...back...into...their...hole

:emotawesomepm9:

WfsiLcm.png

*nervous laughter*

this 3-second video was uploaded by hellinterface almost 2 years ago. In the description, it links to this, which was created hours ago and is boards of canada:

this set of numbers is said in the video (with some minor background voice saying other numbers as well):

Anybody doubting this, I mean cmon now, cross-checked references and all...

Clearly I have one of six similar Boards of Canada records released today and distributed "randomly" around the world

This makes it hard to take seriously, I mean how the fuck is that "clear"?

personally i found it very clear

That they were all released today, around the world? Meh. Maybe it shouldn't affect my judgment on how legit this whole thing is, but the dude is jumping to conclusions.

:whistling:

Anyway, things seem to be moving fast on IRC for the moment, but that 2020k blog is doing a good job of keeping track.

this 3-second video was uploaded by hellinterface almost 2 years ago. In the description, it links to this, which was created hours ago and is boards of canada:

this set of numbers is said in the video (with some minor background voice saying other numbers as well):

Wow, that's really weird and cool. I wonder, though, how did you know about that HI video? I'd been checking out that channel for years now, and I thought it was empty. Did you get permission to see their private videos? If so, how? If not, how did you find out about that?

Guest Gravity

Wow, that's really weird and cool. I wonder, though, how did you know about that HI video? I'd been checking out that channel for years now, and I thought it was empty. Did you get permission to see their private videos? If so, how? If not, how did you find out about that?

The hellinterface channel posted a link to a video in the comments for this EYDIAB video, then it links to that video in the description.

Enjoy or die bitch.

yeah man, why's every release supposed to be a normal, boring "here ya go.." like you want? People are having fun with this. You can ignore it if you hate communal fun and excitement so much, jesus christ.

Fuck yeah, I'm digging it. Here's another way to look at the situation, for those more inclined to the grumpy, "I don't like food anymore"-type attitudes: It doesn't matter who's releasing an album--these days, the announcement comes at least a couple months before the record/CD is in our hot little hands. So what would you rather have: some picture on Warp's website that says "New Boards of Canada on 6/9th" and then you have to wait (or maybe they'd be nice and give us a sampler, but you'd still have to wait), or would you rather have some creepy weird games?

Bring on the creepy weird games, is my answer! We've got some time to kill; it might as well be fun.

Guest Gravity

Just noticed the "J R" at the bottom right of that paper with the Japanese. Joyrex is bawk.

Gee I sure am upset that after 8 years of hoaxes, false starts and disappointments, they're teasing out a new release with excruciating preciousness instead of just getting to the point and announcing it.

edit: I mean, they're free to do that if they want of course, but I won't pay attention until the thing's out at last.

Just saying, you might as well enjoy what's going on right now. No point in anyone getting pissed about some actual activity.

The hellinterface channel posted a link to a video in the comments for this EYDIAB video, then it links to that video in the description.

Oh, thanks. Sorry I was slow on the uptake. I just got home from a night shift of work, and I thought the "One Got Fat" thing was some fan photoshopped thing. I wasn't getting it, but now I do. Thanks again.

I love the cross referencing.

Guest Dogboy73

Can anyone translate the Japanese at the beginning of the video?

I can .......... But you really don't want to know what it says .......

Okay then, I can't! If it was written in jive I'd be your huckleberry ;) But Japanese, no!

Guest Ricky Downtown

mdg [5c043b3d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.92.4.59.61] has joined ##boardsofcanada

[21:26] <@ultralame> BoC are extremely popular by any measure. they have 1mil listeners on last.fm. that's more than beiber, for example
[21:26] <@Twenty20k> MDG?
[21:26] <@moebius_> the video sat there for 6.5 hours before hellinterface posted a comment linking to it on the OFT fan video
[21:26] <johnBoC> They have a huge following at this point, their music becomes woven with human emotion. if BoC doesn't make you feel.... you may not have the ability to feel anything at all.
[21:26] <yagzathoth> MDG?
[21:26] <NOT_WARP> for boc fans
[21:26] == Ter [620e918a@gateway/web/freenode/ip.98.14.145.138] has joined ##boardsofcanada
[21:26] <cydoniac> BoC have a very unique underground/mainstream balance
[21:26] <End3r_> lol yeah right. hi mdg.
[21:27] <@moebius_> but it was still another 2 horus before the Atalanta video annotation was updated to point to the OFT fan video, where the comment had been waiting
[21:27] <yagzathoth> hello fake mdg please tell us boc is really daft punk
[21:27] <mdg> KNEEL BEFORE MDG

I for one am not pissed at this game but it doesn't have my panties in a bunch either. I just want to know when I can have the album.

I also think its a bit of trolling after 8 years of dead silence and I'm not impressed, I think it's a little mean; but if people are excited to piece together some code, then I guess that's great.

don't forget to drink your ovaltine.

Can anyone translate the Japanese at the beginning of the video?

It says.... "(guy's name), This record..."

and that's all I can read. Yeah, my Japanese isn't that great and it's blurry...

Archived