IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to know when I can have the album.

June.

please don't make it June 9. that would be like doing a caricature of yourself.

I'm not as bitter as I sound.

I just want to know when I can have the album.

June.

please don't make it June 9. that would be like doing a caricature of yourself.

I'm not as bitter as I sound.

oh my god

I can't believe that would actually bother you

lol

Man, between MBV, Exai, and now this, this has been the year of WATMM and some of the most kick-ass music for me.

But especially WATMM! You guys are great.

Nah, I'm just kidding. You suck and I hate reading your stupid comments, and I hate stupid games. Where is my album already?

Man, between MBV, Exai, and now this, this has been the year of WATMM and some of the most kick-ass music for me.

But especially WATMM! You guys are great.

Nah, I'm just kidding. You suck and I hate reading your stupid comments, and I hate stupid games. Where is my album already?

[thinks of gross thing to say but then remembers Delet's thread-ban ultimatum]

Hi I'm really nobody and my input is that this seems legit and we should expect some warm disturbing uncertain nostalgic keys and drums, soon.

Can anyone translate the Japanese at the beginning of the video?

Hello everyone. This record is also in Japan, I think. If you can, please let me know.

From the Chicago Reader:

"Ignore the Troll, feed the Boards Of Canada Mystery"

"For an artist with only a modest-sized fan base, Amanda Palmer has an exceptionally large and passionate group of antifans. It's a diverse group of haters: professionals and amateurs, people who despise her for the disparity between her artists' rights advocacy and her blithe willingness to ask other musicians to donate their time to her profit-making ventures, and ones who simply think that she makes terrible music. One thing that we all have in common is that we're easily trolled.

Palmer's exploited that tendency masterfully, which is basically the only reason why anyone who's never self-identified as steampunk even knows who she is. Her latest attention-seeking gambit is a poem about suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev that is one of the worst things ever written, on a number of different levels. Seriously, you shouldn't read it unless you want to get worked up over something stupid, which this poem definitely is. (Not to mention tone-deaf, solipsistic, and badly composed enough to qualify as an insult towards any potential readers.) It's already been written, it's already been read and reacted to, and if anyone else reads it and gets pissed off (which is really the only proper response to the poem), Palmer will have already won.

So instead, I suggest you check out what cultishly adored Scottish electronic group Boards of Canada have been up to, which is kicking off a deeply cryptic puzzle that might possibly have something to do with their long-awaited next album and definitely has something to do with a surprise mega-limited-edition Record Store Day exclusive that appears to be full of coded information. It's fun and mysterious and in no way callously exploits a national tragedy in order to feed a pathological hunger for attention that's so insatiable that it doesn't matter what kind of attention it is. Saying no to trolls is good for you, and it's good for America."

Guest Lucy Faringold

what a strange article.

I'm fully behind ignoring Amanda Palmer but I don't really need to listen to BoC to do that.

Archived