IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

can anyone summarize the latest news (if any) to save me going through the last dozen pages?

http://2020k.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/boards-of-canada-distribute-new-vinyl-releases-out-for-national-records-day/

and I'll second the ae/boc tour please!

cheers pal. exactly what i needed.

anyone know how they do the thing with the 3 sec youtube video that plays nothing but shows stills when you hover across the timeline?

even if the boc bros disappoint me upon insertion of their musical penii i am enjoying the foreplay.

So, from what I can tell, the guy who runs that record store in NY was lying when he said that six records had gone because the second sequence of numbers has gone out via YouTube?

I think it's safe to say that it's not really a record hunt but more a carefully orchestrated pr campaign.

yeah i expect they're planted with trusted individuals and agreed reveal times

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_mlpi7jN7OL1qgzvjmo1_400.png

Ok if you plot those numbers on a hex colour grid you can trace a hexagon around the centre of the plan. I used www.colourpicker.com and punched the numbers in.

Someone wanna have a guess at what the other 4 numbers might be?

Rough Trade East just tweeted that they sold one a short while ago.

I was in there yesterday and had a look around the Electronic section too...wonder where it was hidden?

edit: London

I was in there yesterday and had a look around the Electronic section too...wonder where it was hidden?

https://twitter.com/RoughTrade/status/326660433845051392/photo/1

Same copy though, 4th number?

https://twitter.com/RoughTrade/status/326660433845051392/photo/1

Same copy though, 4th number?

lost_fishbiscuits2.jpg

Guest P0rtralia

Clearly its all cleverly choreographed, it will all pan out as planned and is not influenced by extenal factors

Guest Ron Manager

looks like they're only going to be found at 'big name' record stores. i'd go and have a root round in Cologne, but there just aren't any 'famous' ones there apart from Kompakt, who don't participate in RSD.

Guest moebius

Amazing that they are revealing things via YouTube videos that were uploaded 4 years ago

You can edit a video title and description at any time. Just because they are using old videos doesn't mean it was all planned out before.

Did you ask the staff when you were there? They must have been instructed to keep mum, I'm sure someone must have called them in all that time. Rough Trade was one of the first ones people mentioned after the first record popped up...

Guest isaki

Amazing that they are revealing things via YouTube videos that were uploaded 4 years ago

You can edit a video title and description at any time. Just because they are using old videos doesn't mean it was all planned out before.

I think he understood that

Did you ask the staff when you were there? They must have been instructed to keep mum, I'm sure someone must have called them in all that time. Rough Trade was one of the first ones people mentioned after the first record popped up...

You had to discover it, not just ask for it. #browse

You had to discover it, not just ask for it. #browse

I also wonder what section it was in. It's possible that it wasn't in the electronic section. When I lived in Syracuse, NY, I frequented a record shop that had an "Experimental Noise" section that was distinct from the "electronic" section. That's where I would expect to find something like this.

Guest moebius

I think he understood that

Sorry, it's been a while since I've been on WATMM, I forgot the golden rule: assume all posts are sarcasm unless proven otherwise

So all the vinyls have the same placement for the numbers? Does this mean that the rest of the numbers don't come from the vinyls but are hidden somewhere else?

The Onion A.V. Club is now reporting on this: http://www.avclub.com/articles/boards-of-canada-teases-new-lp-with-a-covert-recor,96822/

They've reviewed BOC before, but still, it's nice to see that BOC's antics are getting widespread attention like this. I hope to see NPR talking about this sometime soon.

Archived