IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

Guest Ricky Downtown

I don't like the reversed digits theory. In order for that to work we're assuming that both the matching pairs of digits in the 4th and 5th slots theory and the descending last digit theory are both true. We don't know that those theories are true.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From 4chuns:

>699742.

I'm guessing because the double digits are in the wrong place it should be reversed:

>247996

and then if we use the descending last digit theory it goes in the 5th segment:

>——/——/717228/936557/247996/519225

if you have to assume an error in the data then your theory has no legs

(and yes, Sr Gravity, I know this isn't your theory)

npr has broadcast another set of numbers but no specifics of their exact location in the code.

located at the end of the broadcast

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2013/04/22/178464083/new-mix-cyborg-love-heartbreak-and-a-mystery

Wow, infiltration at NPR! Last I checked, NPR never addressed BOC before (although I think some artists they interviewed cited BOC). I hope they actually give BOC some air time in the future (the way they always used to play Tortoise between stories on All Things Considered or Fresh Air).

My wife, who's an avid NPR listener, told me they played BoC once as bumper music. I can't stand NPR so I wouldn't know, and she may have been wrong -- though she is rarely -- "my music" is not one of her strong categories

My wife, who's an avid NPR listener, told me they played BoC once as bumper music. I can't stand NPR so I wouldn't know, and she may have been wrong -- though she is rarely -- "my music" is not one of her strong categories

they definitely play excerpts to fill out the interstices in their programming, "hey saturday sun" being one that i've heard several times whilst in my car

Guest dylanmcknd

I don't like the reversed digits theory. In order for that to work we're assuming that both the matching pairs of digits in the 4th and 5th slots theory and the descending last digit theory are both true. We don't know that those theories are true.

I think the 4th and 5th theory and the descending theory are probably true, since that's the most convincing thing I've seen so far.

To that end, I plucked out the little synth melody on guitar, and assuming I’m in tune, it appears to be notes surrounding an A-flat major chord. Since the notes are the same before each message, I was wondering if that was perhaps a clue.

EDIT: but I couldn’t figure out how it could be. A clue, that is. REGARDLESS THERE IT IS

Seriously, the significance couldn't be more significant nor any obviouser. Clearly, the fact that is is A-Flat is a reference to what people in Britainland call "a flat" or what we call "an apartment."

apartment sounds like "department," which is a reference to the word "deportment" -- obs! -- which has 9 letters (more on this later)

deportment, if we employ the "remove the first two and remove the last four" theory, gives us port. So the next clue is in a port. Port also sounds like "portly" which means tubby but originally referred to a person who was too fat to carry.

So obviously the next clue is kept by a small man who cannot carry a fat man on port number nine.

duh

Well, I’m jus’ SAYIN’

It’s the same little fanfare every time. And it’s melodic, but it’s not what you’d necessarily hum as a “melody”. It sounds a LITTLE like intervals that encode some information, or to put it really dumbly and bluntly, like Close Encounters. So I was curious what the notes were. Unsure if they’re significant or not, I guess.

Well, I’m jus’ SAYIN’

It’s the same little fanfare every time. And it’s melodic, but it’s not what you’d necessarily hum as a “melody”. It sounds a LITTLE like intervals that encode some information, or to put it really dumbly and bluntly, like Close Encounters. So I was curious what the notes were. Unsure if they’re significant or not, I guess.

I wasn't picking on you, just the general over-thinking that goes on. The fat that it's in Ab is one of the more interesting observations made, in that it's not a theory and that its grounded in reality and is well withing the realm of BoC mind-screwery

What I find most odd is that I thought BoC got creeped out by all the over-analysis that happened circa Geogaddi. And yet they seem to be feeding it (I'm under the assumption that this is real and building to something, if not I'm gonna be pissed. And while I wouldn't expect to hear anything from Warp, the fact that they have disowned this speaks volumes)

Sheesh, this thing is so fast. Every time I try to post goodies someone beats me to the punch.

Someone earlier said watch NPR, good call.

TV next???

the Euro Millions is on Friday, the numbers will come up and hey you might even get the bonus

Well, I’m jus’ SAYIN’

I wasn't picking on you, just the general over-thinking that goes on. The fat that it's in Ab is one of the more interesting observations made, in that it's not a theory and that its grounded in reality and is well withing the realm of BoC mind-screwery

What I find most odd is that I thought BoC got creeped out by all the over-analysis that happened circa Geogaddi. And yet they seem to be feeding it (I'm under the assumption that this is real and building to something, if not I'm gonna be pissed. And while I wouldn't expect to hear anything from Warp, the fact that they have disowned this speaks volumes)

Ah, fair enough. I did feel like you were giving me a bit of a hard time unfairly, but I misread.

I don’t think BoC would put together a puzzle that figured heavily in any sort of music theory—that doesn’t seem like their style.

When you say Warp have disowned this what do you mean? There’s Warp P&C on the pressed dubs and surely Warp reps would be the way they got through to R1 and NPR.

I almost typed NPG there. Perhaps Prince knows the answer.

Well, I’m jus’ SAYIN’

Ah, fair enough. I did feel like you were giving me a bit of a hard time unfairly, but I misread.

I don’t think BoC would put together a puzzle that figured heavily in any sort of music theory—that doesn’t seem like their style.

When you say Warp have disowned this what do you mean? There’s Warp P&C on the pressed dubs and surely Warp reps would be the way they got through to R1 and NPR.

i'm guessing he meant that warp haven't disowned this.

Guest minorsix

I did the math, and the probability of 4 randomly generated 6-digit strings all having one or more pairs of consecutive repeated digits is 2% (the probability of each is about 40%, the probability of 4 out of 4 is 2%)

This has nothing to do with where they are in the sequence, so it has no bearing on the reverse thing.

Guest minorsix

Multiply it all by the complex conjugate to make it real

Multiply it all by you being dead to make it what I hope happens.

Assuming you were making fun of me.

And yeah, I don't really think it's right either.

Guest Lucy Faringold

hahahahha.

Keep it together, guys.

I don't even know what your post was, but it would have been referencing you, not making fun of you.

I think the 4th and 5th theory and the descending theory are probably true, since that's the most convincing thing I've seen so far.

The problem with the descending last column theory is this:

- - - - -10?? (the last number of the first package should have to be a ten?, that doesn't mix well with the six cipher thing)

247996 (rev)

Guest minorsix

hahahahha.

Keep it together, guys.

I don't even know what your post was, but it would have been referencing you, not making fun of you.

hahahahha.

Keep it together, guys.

Yeah I'm not mad, I just had to use that line.

Well, I’m jus’ SAYIN’

i'm guessing he meant that warp haven't disowned this.

yep. that's what I meant. I think this is legit, and the repress of existing warp material isn't what's going on either, methinks. it's either the BoCset or new stuff or, preferably, both

i hear the next sequence of codes will be printed on a set of limited-edition $500 North Face BoC Hoodies. However which hoodies will have the code have been randomized, so buy as many as possible to up your odds!

Guest Warabou

I thought they put that stuff into Geogaddi to mess with people after they started over-analyzing Music Has the Right? Tongue-in-cheek kinda thing. This could be similar.

Just to tidy up and simplify an earlier post, the answer to the code problem (using a common numerology technique) could be:

Using http://www.thonky.com/digital-root-calculator/

XXXXXX-699742-717228-936557-XXXXXX-519225

=

[2]-1-9-8-[7]-6

=

[n] = predicted in sequence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_root

Archived