IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

If the pattern of announcements has been followed, shouldn't there have been something else by now?

We've had something every twenty-four hours so far.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the pattern of announcements has been followed, shouldn't there have been something else by now?

Well we had two reveals last night...

Guest jasondonervan

also, have any of you smart cats compared these numbers to the "coordinates" that were displayed during the red moon fiasco?

I had a brief look at them, but couldn't see anything particularly obvious that would link them. Might have another look later.

if they uploaded those youtube videos four years ago, it's not inconceivable that the red moon images are somehow related to this.

Maybe it's the one time pad!

Shit. Yeah, I forgot that.

Sorry, browser is playing up.

Note in Keltoi's image, the red moon is reversed making the double zero appear on the right side of the image. Could that be an instruction to reverse The fourth hint broadcast on NPR yesterday - 699742?

Note in Keltoi's image, the red moon is reversed making the double zero appear on the right side of the image. Could that be an instruction to reverse The fourth hint broadcast on NPR yesterday - 699742?

Nah, that's all too complicated. They're flogging a new album (hopefully) not asking peeps to solve the mystery of the universe.

It's as you said earlier, much, much simpler than that.

Then again, wtf do I know. Nothing, really.

Still reckon Obama is up for the last bit, mind.

No this is consistent with what I was saying. Spies in the field would be given a "one time pad" for decoding numbers station broadcasts. BOC have spent the last couple days "broacasting" numbers just like a numbers station does. these snippets sound just like the real thing. the only way a spy out in the world somewhere could decode it is by using that set of decyphering instructions in the pad.

so maybe the red moon info wasn't useless after all. maybe that's the pad. they're using youtube videos that were uploaded 4 and 5 years ago. so this is completely plausible.

Guest gyrofoam

Isn't it just supposed to sound like the kind of 'jingles' they use for numbers stations though (as opposed to sounding like an actual BOC track)?

Yeah it's definitely a reference to the numbers stations, sounds just like one of them.

I'd be disappointed if any new stuff sounds like the 20 second snippet. Would seem like a step backwards from The Campfire Headphase. (Unless, of course, if the new release is the bocset of old tunes)

Guest Rulohead32

i think they're the result of binary combinations. Perhaps the solution is making a 11x11 Karnaugh grid and see what happens.

What if, at the end of it all, it makes the Exai album cover?

:watmm:

No this is consistent with what I was saying. Spies in the field would be given a "one time pad" for decoding numbers station broadcasts. BOC have spent the last couple days "broacasting" numbers just like a numbers station does. these snippets sound just like the real thing. the only way a spy out in the world somewhere could decode it is by using that set of decyphering instructions in the pad.

so maybe the red moon info wasn't useless after all. maybe that's the pad. they're using youtube videos that were uploaded 4 and 5 years ago. so this is completely plausible.

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, that's possible.

this is making perfect sense.

If the red moon is the cypher, then we just need to figure out how it works and then start decoding. you don't need all six number sets to get started. Each digit should represent one character. somebody smarter than me get on this please.

The thing is a one time pad doesn't use numbers it uses letters?

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, that's possible.

That would be great except a one-time pad doesn't use numbers, it uses letters and we have numbers.

Guest ZombieLincoln666

You guys manipulating the numbers, plotting coordinates and figuring out hex values are amazing.

But I'm guessing this is simpler than all of that. It seems they are broadcasting their own numbers station. Numbers stations are uncrackable if they use a one time pad for deciphering. My guess is this code will be cracked the same way a numbers station message is decoded - using a decryption pad that will be given to us somehow. Until that happens, I'm guessing it will be impossible to decode it.

It is most likely something like a one time pad. The people who are trying to guess about what the numbers mean are not even close to figuring it out.

You guys manipulating the numbers, plotting coordinates and figuring out hex values are amazing.

But I'm guessing this is simpler than all of that. It seems they are broadcasting their own numbers station. Numbers stations are uncrackable if they use a one time pad for deciphering. My guess is this code will be cracked the same way a numbers station message is decoded - using a decryption pad that will be given to us somehow. Until that happens, I'm guessing it will be impossible to decode it.

It is most likely something like a one time pad. The people who are trying to guess about what the numbers mean are not even close to figuring it out.

Again if it is a one-time we would first have to find out what letters the numbers translate too and then on top of that need the key to decipher the cipher. They could be dong a one-time pad of all the ACSII characters but if that is possible good luck figuring it out...

Archived