IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

Still

dana_scully.jpg

This would be too easy to fake. Just make a cardboard sleeve and use some random unlabeled vinyl.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

boards-of-canada-record-store-day-2013.j

it appears to say '© 2013 Warp Records Limited © 2012 Warp Records Limited'. doesn't that strike anyone else as curious?

I just cannot believe how so many people are getting so bent out of shape over this.

Take a deep breath.

It's a fake, for crying out loud.

Haven't read the whole thread, but: Which six people was this sent out to?

sean connery, james blake, that third guy from depeche mode, some guy from 4chan and some guy from twoism.

james blake got a double due to mess up at the post office.

Haven't read the whole thread, but: Which six people was this sent out to?

sean connery, james blake, that third guy from depeche mode, some guy from 4chan and some guy from twoism.

james blake got a double due to mess up at the post office.

Thats only five.

I think skrillex also got one so he can do a chart friendly remix.

*edit*

nice edit. makes me look silly now.

Guest umop_apisdn

I skipped a couple of pages of this thread. I just got a weird feeling as I woke up today, "yesterday was 4/20, I feel weird about BoC". Seeing this is pretty cool, despite the naysayers.

But am I the only one that thinks the little tune sounds a lot like that repetitive sequence the alien ships go through on "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"? Any idea if that pattern has some mathematical context or anything? Or could there be some context in the movie to go by? Maybe my head is too fuzzy from just waking up.

But am I the only one that thinks the little tune sounds a lot like that repetitive sequence the alien ships go through on "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"?

well spotted, i knew i heard that somewhere before.

an idea i had myself to do something with one time, boc has done it. 1977.

it appears to say '© 2013 Warp Records Limited © 2012 Warp Records Limited'. doesn't that strike anyone else as curious?

Yeah, as in sloppy photoshop job, but who knows. I don't think this is real, wish it was.

Guest VI Scose Poise

edit: of all shits Deadmau5 has also used that 5 note sequence from Close encounters on an album called "Album Title Goes Here"

Ah the mau5. He has a track called "Bored of Canada", who rips people off on that sort of level? He even tries to sound like the Sandisons.

edit: of all shits Deadmau5 has also used that 5 note sequence from Close encounters on an album called "Album Title Goes Here"

Ah the mau5. He has a track called "Bored of Canada", who rips people off on that sort of level? He even tries to sound like the Sandisons.

Good thing none of the featured artists on here never tried to make music that sounded similar to someone else's.

can't get more boc then this

That's why it's not them. Come on, numbers stations ?! - they stopped doing that around Geogaddi era.

Plus he doesn't drop the needle on that turn table

Plus there are no grooves on the record

Is it really this easy to dupe BoC fans ?

can't get more boc then this

That's why it's not them. Come on, numbers stations ?! - they stopped doing that around Geogaddi era.

Plus he doesn't drop the needle on that turn table

Plus there are no grooves on the record

Is it really this easy to dupe BoC fans ?

Also does not show the mixer when the record starts playing, I am pretty confident that it would not be registering any sound levels.

The whole thing is ridiculous. The spoken part reciting off numbers like its some 2002 Geogaddi cryptic code.

Lol.

C'mon, do people really believe BOC would be doing stuff like that now? The last album dropped without any of this stupidity and that was eight years ago.

And that fifteen second jingle? It's such a pastiche of their old sound, it's truly laughable.

Worst fake ever.

Archived