IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere already, but just because the one-time pad is being discussed:

http://www.decodesystems.com/mt/98oct/crypt.html

and maybe the key has something to do with that video title, csch? I just keep wondering what those letters meant. Maybe there are more letters coming/already out. I've no idea.

OH so each number represents a letter, this is sounding more plausible. Excuse me as I've just awaken from my slumber. It would end up being a series of six letter words then?

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere already, but just because the one-time pad is being discussed:

and maybe the key has something to do with that video title, csch? I just keep wondering what those letters meant. Maybe there are more letters coming/already out. I've no idea.

OH so each number represents a letter, this is sounding more plausible. Excuse me as I've just awaken from my slumber. It would end up being a series of six letter words then?

August

August

Sounds good if you are looking for a date but I can't see any real coherent useful message coming about from a a series of 6, 6 letter words.

Maybe they are just all jumbled up together to form a 36 letter sentence.

Guest ZombieLincoln666

You guys manipulating the numbers, plotting coordinates and figuring out hex values are amazing.

But I'm guessing this is simpler than all of that. It seems they are broadcasting their own numbers station. Numbers stations are uncrackable if they use a one time pad for deciphering. My guess is this code will be cracked the same way a numbers station message is decoded - using a decryption pad that will be given to us somehow. Until that happens, I'm guessing it will be impossible to decode it.

It is most likely something like a one time pad. The people who are trying to guess about what the numbers mean are not even close to figuring it out.

Again if it is a one-time we would first have to find out what letters the numbers translate too and then on top of that need the key to decipher the cipher. They could be dong a one-time pad of all the ACSII characters but if that is possible good luck figuring it out...

And isn't it plausible that they might put it in the liner notes of the new album?

Guest Warabou

Maybe. The only thing that makes it hard though is that we haven't seen any 0s in these numbers. This means, if it is a one-time pad, we either don't use the first 10 letters (and 20th letter) or we have to manipulate the numbers, like every 'double' (like the 22 we've seen) counts as a 0, or something. Or, more unlikely, the code doesn't have any letters in it that would require a 0. It could even be a substitution cipher, which could make it work without 0s. But I really dunno

You guys manipulating the numbers, plotting coordinates and figuring out hex values are amazing.

But I'm guessing this is simpler than all of that. It seems they are broadcasting their own numbers station. Numbers stations are uncrackable if they use a one time pad for deciphering. My guess is this code will be cracked the same way a numbers station message is decoded - using a decryption pad that will be given to us somehow. Until that happens, I'm guessing it will be impossible to decode it.

It is most likely something like a one time pad. The people who are trying to guess about what the numbers mean are not even close to figuring it out.

Again if it is a one-time we would first have to find out what letters the numbers translate too and then on top of that need the key to decipher the cipher. They could be dong a one-time pad of all the ACSII characters but if that is possible good luck figuring it out...

And isn't it plausible that they might put it in the liner notes of the new album?

Sure but I feel like people are stoked about this due to there not being an album yet. Once it's out it will still be cool but not as cool as it is now.

Once we have all the numbers, one can make a program that could find out what a key might be assuming they all use the same one.

Seems strange how some of the BoC fans that weren't that impressed by TCH and who have been crying out for new material for ages are some of the same people who are saying that they're slightly disappointed if those audio snippets are an indication of the sound of the new album, that it would be a step backwards.

Not pointing the finger at any particular person in here, just a vibe I'm getting. Seems like BoC are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

archrival quote from an old red moon thread...

Its geogaddian cordinates ;)

One degree is 60 minutes, then g60h means thats its 60 degrees and p5-2omh means 0,5-0,2 degrees. Latitude 60,5 - 0,2 = 60,3 degrees (north latitude) g2h2 Longitude 2,2 degrees .t 0-n dont know what t 0-n is...

If you look at latitude 60,3 degrees north and longitude 2,2 degrees west is FOULA, a little island west of the Shetland Islands (Scotland).

(On latitude 60.3degrees north latitude and longitude 2,2 east its nothing but the sea :))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foula

everyone get to this remote island asap and i'll meet you there!!

That would be great except a one-time pad doesn't use numbers, it uses letters and we have numbers.

well yeah but they're letters and other characters in those strings too. they may have added a second step of encryption.

it just seems very curious that the red moon image has a six digit number with two repeat characters on the left side of the number, just like the NPR number. AND THEN there's an inverse of the red moon image with the repeat "00" appearing on the right side. almost as if it is an instruction to reverse the NPR number.

One degree is 60 minutes, then g60h means thats its 60 degrees and p5-2omh means 0,5-0,2 degrees. Latitude 60,5 - 0,2 = 60,3 degrees (north latitude) g2h2 Longitude 2,2 degrees .t 0-n dont know what t 0-n is...

If you look at latitude 60,3 degrees north and longitude 2,2 degrees west is FOULA, a little island west of the Shetland Islands (Scotland).

(On latitude 60.3degrees north latitude and longitude 2,2 east its nothing but the sea :))

haha he had gone mental by that point

Maybe. The only thing that makes it hard though is that we haven't seen any 0s in these numbers. This means, if it is a one-time pad, we either don't use the first 10 letters (and 20th letter) or we have to manipulate the numbers, like every 'double' (like the 22 we've seen) counts as a 0, or something. Or, more unlikely, the code doesn't have any letters in it that would require a 0. It could even be a substitution cipher, which could make it work without 0s. But I really dunno

You don't need a 0?

1 represents A and 26 represents Z.

So far we might have

------ ------ GAGBBH ICFEEG ------ EAIBBE

When I mentioned

Seems strange how some of the BoC fans that weren't that impressed by TCH and who have been crying out for new material for ages are some of the same people who are saying that they're slightly disappointed if those audio snippets are an indication of the sound of the new album, that it would be a step backwards.

Not pointing the finger at any particular person in here, just a vibe I'm getting. Seems like BoC are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

When I mentioned the audio snippets, I was using that as a theory that maybe they don't have any new material and the whole thing is just to hype up a remastered MHTRTC.

Nice avatar.

That would be great except a one-time pad doesn't use numbers, it uses letters and we have numbers.

well yeah but they're letters and other characters in those strings too. they may have added a second step of encryption.

it just seems very curious that the red moon image has a six digit number with two repeat characters on the left side of the number, just like the NPR number. AND THEN there's an inverse of the red moon image with the repeat "00" appearing on the right side. almost as if it is an instruction to reverse the NPR number.

Its geogaddian cordinates ;)One degree is 60 minutes, then g60h means thats its 60 degrees and p5-2omh means 0,5-0,2 degrees. Latitude 60,5 - 0,2 = 60,3 degrees (north latitude) g2h2 Longitude 2,2 degrees .t 0-n dont know what t 0-n is...If you look at latitude 60,3 degrees north and longitude 2,2 degrees west is FOULA[/size], a little island west of the Shetland Islands (Scotland).(On latitude 60.3degrees north latitude and longitude 2,2 east its nothing but the sea :))http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foula

haha he had gone mental by that point

Haha, Archival was a true fan, for sure.

Guest jasondonervan

Decimal to Hex conversion:

699742 = aad5e
717228 = af1ac
936557 = e4a6d
519225 = 7ec39

(no idea if relevant)

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest Warabou

You don't need a 0?

1 represents A and 26 represents Z.

So far we might have

------ ------ GAGBBH ICFEEG ------ EAIBBE

Well, if it's 6 numbers long, you have 3 letters, since each letter is supposed to be given by 2 numbers (like 03 if you want a C), otherwise it can get hard to tell whether you have a 1 and a 3 or just a 13. Like if we were trying to decipher the second code, 717228. The first number is obviously 7, so that would be G. Then what about the next? is it a 1 and then a 7, making GAG, or is it just a 17, making GQ? Then you get to 22, is it two 2s, or 22? You need 0s to clear this up, so you know 02 is B and 22 is V

Archived