IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought this was of interest

Although most number stations have various nicknames which usually describe some aspect of the station itself, M. Gauffman of the E.N.I.G.M.A. number stations monitoring group[32] originally assigned a code to each known station. This takes the form of a letter followed by a number (or, in the case of some "X" stations, more letters). The letter indicates the language used by the station in question:

• E indicates a station broadcasting in English.
  • G indicates a station broadcasting in German.
  • S indicates a station broadcasting in a Slavic language.
  • V indicates all other languages.
  • M is a station broadcasting in Morse code.
  • X indicates all other transmissions such as polytones in addition to some unexplained broadcasts which may not actually be numbers stations.
  • T indicates a station broadcasting in an unknown language.

For example, the well known, defunct Lincolnshire Poacher station has the designation E3 (or E03), the Cuban "Atención" station has designation V2 (or V02). The most recent station to be given a designation is the Vietnamese language station V30.

Some stations have also been stripped of their designation if they are discovered not to be a numbers station. This was the case for E22 which was discovered in 2005 to be test transmissions for All India Radio.

Why close this thread? It's the first useful one in years

All things must DIE. But, from new seeds a new, clear dawn will arise. And, before the suns set, the workers will have harvested a bountiful crop.

Like I said, it may not close. Let's see what happens. Or, should I say let's see when happens?

74 61 6c 6b 20 74 6f 20 70 6f 61 63 68 65 72

hex->acsii

"talk to poacher"

01110100 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110000 01101111 01100001 01100011 01101000 01100101 01110010

Interestingly, OMD was the first band (that I know of) using radio broadcasts similar to Numbers Stations in their music - and that was back in the early 80's!

I agree that it would be a shame to close the first real thread in this subforum since 2006, but fuck it: if it's in the service of numbers, there is no better reason.

tumblr_lht5tkqdKD1qdlkgg.gif

Who is this? The only person I can think of is Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan.

edit@ ghosty go back a few pages (or to the top of this page, people are posting at a furious rate).

so yeah, um...

regarding BoC liking Twoism more...

I think, if mdg's activity is any indication, they liked watmm a bit more at first, but seems over time our general skepticism/cynicism/criticism at being hyped up and then let down, made the hexson-style activity migrate more to Twoism. If you look at mdg's posts I think it bears out this gradual shift.

I don't give a hoot either way. It's about the music, bro. If it breaks down to BoC siding with their fanpage and ae siding with watmm, I'm quite happy with that. Ae have been very active and consistent and I think the general positive tone and fanboy activity on their subforum reflects that. BoC have been hidden away for a long time, plus they pulled the Redmoon stunt which really pissed me off. They have a bit more to prove, to get back in the good-graces of their fanbase. Not that I expect them to be beholden to their fanbase, but how many "wow Roygbiv gives me such a nostalgic feeling!" and "Is this a track from Acid Memories??" threads can you stomach, really...

Anyhoo, this latest stunt has been great so far, and is actually making me excited about the band again. I'm glad they (or they + warp) seem to care again. They can be as mysterious as they like, can "go off the radar" and take long breaks - I've never been one of those who blamed them for that - but it is nice, when the time comes, to show some consideration for the fans.

Well put. I haven't been this excited for a new album in a long time. The whole onslaught of streaming and overwhelming amounts of hyped music to try to keep up with has put me in a funk regarding my apathy towards new music and releases, one which I'm slowly breaking out of. This is easily the first album I've truly been ready to listen to. This entire stunt has been a lot of fun to witness, and there's such a fucking organic feel to it compared to just about any other album promotion effort/campaign in history. It makes just about every other recent leak and teaser I can think of look absolutely lame in comparison (*cough Daft Punk cough*).

As for twoism being sided with or whatever all I can say is..."at least we're not xltronic"

tumblr_lht5tkqdKD1qdlkgg.gif

Who is this? The only person I can think of is Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan.

edit@ ghosty go back a few pages (or to the top of this page, people are posting at a furious rate).

so yeah, um...

regarding BoC liking Twoism more...

I think, if mdg's activity is any indication, they liked watmm a bit more at first, but seems over time our general skepticism/cynicism/criticism at being hyped up and then let down, made the hexson-style activity migrate more to Twoism. If you look at mdg's posts I think it bears out this gradual shift.

I don't give a hoot either way. It's about the music, bro. If it breaks down to BoC siding with their fanpage and ae siding with watmm, I'm quite happy with that. Ae have been very active and consistent and I think the general positive tone and fanboy activity on their subforum reflects that. BoC have been hidden away for a long time, plus they pulled the Redmoon stunt which really pissed me off. They have a bit more to prove, to get back in the good-graces of their fanbase. Not that I expect them to be beholden to their fanbase, but how many "wow Roygbiv gives me such a nostalgic feeling!" and "Is this a track from Acid Memories??" threads can you stomach, really...

Anyhoo, this latest stunt has been great so far, and is actually making me excited about the band again. I'm glad they (or they + warp) seem to care again. They can be as mysterious as they like, can "go off the radar" and take long breaks - I've never been one of those who blamed them for that - but it is nice, when the time comes, to show some consideration for the fans.

Well put. I haven't been this excited for a new album in a long time. The whole onslaught of streaming and overwhelming amounts of hyped music to try to keep up with has put me in a funk regarding my apathy towards new music and releases, one which I'm slowly breaking out of. This is easily the first album I've truly been ready to listen to. This entire stunt has been a lot of fun to witness, and there's such a fucking organic feel to it compared to just about any other album promotion effort/campaign in history. It makes just about every other recent leak and teaser I can think of look absolutely lame in comparison (*cough Daft Punk cough*).

As for twoism being sided with or whatever all I can say is..."at least we're not xltronic"

David Mitchell.

Archived