IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A) srupid or not, forgive man

I didn't mean to make any judgments re: ethnic background or anything when I used the term Guido: most of my cousins on my mom's side are definitely guidos but they are from MA and they are Greek-American instead of Italian-American. Except I did mean to make a cultural value judgement when I said Italians make the best food, which is just a fact. Jersey, man; how can I seriously criticize Jersey when the only pizza available near me growing up was that awful Greek "House of Pizza" thick and oily shit? Goddamn. And since pizza food is best food, it follows that Italians are best at food, QED.

I know I'm getting a little OT here. Sorry. I have been thinking of those meatballs jules posted. Jules, as always, I want your meatballs.

Back to the boctease?

I'm getting the sense I got a few episodes into trying to watch Lost: that there's no real point to the treasure hunt. Please don't Lindelof us, boc.

guys i overlapped the new tune with the NPR tune and they are identical

well crap, what do I do with this now

attachicon.gifclsr.jpg

I'm still holding out that it's 299742, since I can't convince my ears that it's a 6, or that BoC would go to all that trouble to tell us a position that wouldn't even be needed if they'd just given us the final code position, since it would leave one spot left for the other code to go. And I'm wondering how you could tell they were identical?

I hear 6, sadly. :sad:

I don't understand how anyone could say with any confidence what that first digit is off the newer recordings, though. I mean - probably it is just a 6 again, but I've listened to all three that have been posted up, and played around with EQing them to make it clearer and I really can't tell for sure what it is.

And there's no way any of them could literally be identical to another, either.

okay so obviously (very obviously, obviously) i'm not saying that the recording itself is the same. Obviously. Because that wouldn't make any sense. Obviously.

I'm saying the tune is identical. Like it's just a rebroadcast of the NPR tune.

A) srupid or not, forgive man

I didn't mean to make any judgments re: ethnic background or anything when I used the term Guido: most of my cousins on my mom's side are definitely guidos but they are from MA and they are Greek-American instead of Italian-American. Except I did mean to make a cultural value judgement when I said Italians make the best food, which is just a fact. Jersey, man; how can I seriously criticize Jersey when the only pizza available near me growing up was that awful Greek "House of Pizza" thick and oily shit? Goddamn. And since pizza food is best food, it follows that Italians are best at food, QED.

I know I'm getting a little OT here. Sorry. I have been thinking of those meatballs jules posted. Jules, as always, I want your meatballs.

Back to the boctease?

I'm getting the sense I got a few episodes into trying to watch Lost: that there's no real point to the treasure hunt. Please don't Lindelof us, boc.

I was aiming for gentle ribbing, not confression-inducing-irony

I would largely agree about food, though the greeks can do some incredible things to a lamb, and I would wholly agree about lindelof.

And I will likely regret using the term "gentle ribbing"

baph, you are welcome to my meatballs. I have no use for them as a married man. in fact, why don't you come to nj. Fred was supposed to be here last summer. we can meet up and all ship off to Scotland since keltoi is shipping his family here in exchange. we can all go to keltois and we have our foursome.

we can golf too.

835.jpg

nice

Guest Warabou

okay so obviously (very obviously, obviously) i'm not saying that the recording itself is the same. Obviously. Because that wouldn't make any sense. Obviously.

I think he meant how could you tell they were the same broadcast. If you overlap them, it's likely the first digit of the NPR broadcast would overpower the muffled one we got tonight, and if you turn up the muffled one, then the noise would still be overpowering the first digit. The other numbers are the same so it would make sense that they sync up, but the surrounding noise is too muffled to be confident that it's the same thing

I was aiming for gentle ribbing, not confression-inducing-irony

I would largely agree about food, though the greeks can do some incredible things to a lamb, and I would wholly agree about lindelof.

And I will likely regret using the term "gentle ribbing"

lol

Greek food is great, I love it, just not Greek "Italian" food, which... you can imagine.

I... have nothing else to talk about in this thread. Sorry, Joyrex. Will check back tomorrow.

baph, you are welcome to my meatballs. I have no use for them as a married man. in fact, why don't you come to nj. Fred was supposed to be here last summer. we can meet up and all ship off to Scotland since keltoi is shipping his family here in exchange. we can all go to keltois and we have our foursome.

we can golf too.

I'm totally in. I think I get a date with Keltoi's "sister" because of some thread a year ago that I don't even remember, too.

Guest Papillon

I hope the album is announced before this thread gets to 100 pages. It's been fun following this for the past week but I think we're all sort of stumped now. Nice to chat with you guys tonight.

Bye

Okay. Just got back from RTE (London, baybee)

Got there about 11:40PM and about 5 mins after there were two peeps leaving rough trade, who spoke to a couple of other nerds. Nothing was revealed. Hung about and drunk some beer til quarter past midnight when two 'random' guys entered the shop opposite Rough Trade and not long after the projections changed. Up popped the Boards XXXXXX/------/------/------/------/------ thingy and also the Warp logo intermittently, Seemed to be on a 60-90 second loop (I'm quite gassed/#scottish). Anyhoo. I chatted to some peeps who then fucked off, general consensus is This Is A Great Mindfuck. I digress. On my own around 12.45, I start to press my ear to the cracks in the door, of which there are three. (3). No joy to be honest, all I could hear amidst the (great) 'noise' was 99802. A five digti number. I listened to this umpteen times over half an hour and only revised my opinion once. (Having seen this thread though.....fuck). Go to it maths nerds. Make us proud.

I think he meant how could you tell they were the same broadcast. If you overlap them, it's likely the first digit of the NPR broadcast would overpower the muffled one we got tonight, and if you turn up the muffled one, then the noise would still be overpowering the first digit. The other numbers are the same so it would make sense that they sync up, but the surrounding noise is too muffled to be confident that it's the same thing

the timing and vocal intonation are identical

I'm coming around to this Nevada A-bomb/H-bomb test site interpretation of the footage. About six seconds in, it seems like there's a column of fire, just like a close up of a nuclear bomb explosion. Does anyone agree? (I've put the video at 6 seconds in here)

I'm coming around to this Nevada A-bomb/H-bomb test site interpretation of the footage. About six seconds in, it seems like there's a column of fire, just like a close up of a nuclear bomb explosion. Does anyone agree? (I've put the video at 6 seconds in here)

yep, agree. the flashes are explosions and the footage is of a test site.

Guest isaki

don't really know how to describe it so I'll draw what I think it looks like

ySwhf6a.png

we can golf too.

835.jpg

nice

So uh, for real though. We have six sets of six numbers apiece. Has anyone fucked with mapping them onto the face of a clock?

don't really know how to describe it so I'll draw what I think it looks like

ySwhf6a.png

looks like you're on a boat exiting a river canyon out to the ocean

Archived