IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy shit this is so fckin dumb.

BOC are not codemasters or illuminati. They are aesthetes with an obsessive aesthetic style based on 70s-80s cold war era nostalgia. Part of that aesthetic nostalgia involves the pre-digital computing world of unknown codes, coordinates and murky pictures of russian missile bases and ruined gas stations (apparently.)

It makes sense that they would want to include some of these "number code" elements to fuel new release speculation, but only if it fits in with the larger aesthetic program they seem so intent on putting forward as a musical group. They're not hyper-genius mathematicians or cartographers who have developed coordinate points from looking at a gas station in texas from different angles. ahhh f this i'm out :trap:

BOC are not codemasters or illuminati. They are aesthetes with an obsessive aesthetic style based on 70s-80s cold war era nostalgia. Part of that aesthetic nostalgia involves the pre-digital computing world of unknown codes, coordinates and murky pictures of russian missile bases and ruined gas stations (apparently.)

It makes sense that they would want to include some of these "number code" elements to fuel new release speculation, but only if it fits in with the larger aesthetic program they seem so intent on putting forward as a musical group. They're not hyper-genius mathematicians or cartographers who have developed coordinate points from looking at a gas station in texas from different angles. Think about it.

*thinks about it*

man, I just played Ready Lets Go and Music is Math before having to go out. They sound better than ever before, holy shit their tunes are another level. Yeah I know you know that but fuuuuck it has to be said.

I'm off out for a few hours, all you legendary dudes have a nice weekend, I'm sure something will happen before monday.

SAVAGE!!!

It makes sense that they would want to include some of these "number code" elements to fuel new release speculation, but only if it fits in with the larger aesthetic program they seem so intent on putting forward as a musical group. They're not hyper-genius mathematicians or cartographers who have developed coordinate points from looking at a gas station in texas from different angles. Think about it.

*thinks about it*

*feels srupid*

Guest Gravity

Fact is all the people that are doing all the investigating in the IRC or wherever are probably having tons of fun, to be honest. Pointless or not.

*thinks about it*

*feels srupid*

i love that "srupid" has been used twice in this thread lol

Guest RSwessem

yeah, but you get the feeling people are starting to get frustrated. patience eager nerds. patience.

12793387.jpg

On a serious note, I'm patient and think this 'marketing campaign' is brilliant. :happy:

I think maybe someone should go to this "gas station" and see if they have buried the album there.

Maybe the numbers are the co-ordinates? Beware though of the Fratelli's and the booby traps.

there's a bocfan there already and more bocfans on the way, he just redditted(?) a picture on this reddit page: http://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/1d7esd/684_east_yermo_road_projected_opposite_rough/

That is pretty amazing that a host of people are descending on this abandoned petrol station in the desert looking for a number sequence possibly to do with an album. It's amazing, isn't it? Think about it. Just think about it.

Archived