IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

Geogaddi was amazing because it felt so summery, and you could listen to it while driving around in the sun and feel good no problem, but it had depth and something twisted to it too - so you didn't get bored or irritated with it like you might other sunny albums. Or something...

what kind of summers have you over there?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if I recall correctly before Campfire Headphase came out there were a bunch of fake 'leaks' that popped up on xltronic/watmm, most of which were clearly fake but i remember a few were kinda neat. wonder how long until we see the same. this might inspire some interesting stuff based off what we all seem to think the album is going to sound like.

man, just realised, that was 8 years ago. where the hell have the last 8 years gone.

Geogaddi was amazing because it felt so summery, and you could listen to it while driving around in the sun and feel good no problem, but it had depth and something twisted to it too - so you didn't get bored or irritated with it like you might other sunny albums. Or something...

what kind of summers have you over there?

I dunno, I'm Germany-based and I totally agree! Geogaddi is the very definition of Summer-y for me, yet dark.

The most fitting situation listening to "1969" was when I played it on my mp3-player whilst sitting in the back row of a tinted windowed tour-bus driving around the outskirt wastelands of Madrid.

edit:

if I recall correctly before Campfire Headphase came out there were a bunch of fake 'leaks' that popped up on xltronic/watmm, most of which were clearly fake but i remember a few were kinda neat. wonder how long until we see the same. this might inspire some interesting stuff based off what we all seem to think the album is going to sound like.

I loved TCH and pretty much everything else they've done so there is no question for me to pre-order it. But I find this second-guessing and doubt hilarious. We've been waiting for anything new for 8 years and people have let their dismay about it been known over the years. But now when it's actually happening, I see people whinging about this and that and even having opinions about the quality of the music. FLOL.

A thousand times this.

you guys are actually such hilarious arseholes, you whine about no release happening for the last four years, and then the moment its announced you have a score of other meaningless bullshit issues you start whinging about.

the track titles look a bit dark, i bet that they are succumbing to anti TCH pressure, this is gonna be rubbish, sellouts

lol

and wheres my flac you ungrateful scottish cunts.

the track titles look a bit dark, i bet that they are succumbing to anti TCH pressure, this is gonna be rubbish, sellouts

lol

and wheres my flac you ungrateful scottish cunts.

You forgot "the album's called Tomorrow's Harvest, but we'll have to wait at least a month. It should have been named Next Month's Harvest instead."

i think the concept of this album is more 70s sci-fi (like a message from the future, or a warning) than the past of childhood, old documentaries, etc. watched that trailer several times, visually it has layers buried upon layers. saw references visually to nuclear war, surfing, pop culture galore, television obviously, Bob ross's fro turned into a mushroom cloud, disney, consumerism. really dense visually, just like their music. i bet that whole thing was animated frame by frame. good on them.

I don't think that promo-vid music, or rather static, is indicative in any way though.

Could be me.

Perhaps not, but remember the Flash thing they had for the Trans-Canada Highway EP release? It played one of the tracks from the EP as the background music...

Face it guys, this album is gonna suck like a hoover.

No Limited Edition.

No FLAC files, let alone 24bit.

Rubbish title.

Lame cover art. Where are all the hidden messages?

No bonus track. wtf!

Couldn't they have made a double album?

8 years to produce just 63 minutes of music.

Promo sounds like a John Carpenter rip-off.

But you know, I could deal with all those disappointments except for this:

The worst thing, the deal-breaker?

It looks like Mike has put on a few pounds in that new photo.

Surely a sign that the music is gonna suffer as a result.

:emotawesomepm9:

man, just realised, that was 8 years ago. where the hell have the last 8 years gone.

Like me, you probably spent a fair amount of it on here.

:cisfor:

I for one, am hoping that it is. I really like the vibe from this.

Me too. I'd totally dig some John Carpenter/Alan Howarth vibes. Something like the soundtrack to Halloween 3 or Escape From New York.

And this is the reason Pye Corner Audio is so good. John Carpenter vibes.

I'm glad I don't think I have to worry about a Japan bonus track this time, although I did get the Japanese The Campfire Headphase, because that song was the best one on the album.

Also really loved the synth line in the cosecha-transmisions video. Really great.

Archived