IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the uncut review transcribed

http://pastebin.com/6eLjgR3K

Edit: Doesn't really talk about the content of the album until 3/4 of the way through. Pretty vague descriptions. Does sound promising though!

No disrespect to the reviewer but anyone could have written that without hearing it.

I thought the meaning of the title "Jacquard Causeway" was clear and is very BoC.. Jacquard is a textile pattern that is rather psychadelic, e.g.:

Jacquard1.jpg\

causeway is just a road I believe with the connotation that is raised and often over water.

this is all that was said about the album?

Yet for all the misdirection- perhaps in part because of it- tracks like "New Seeds" and "Palace Posy'' feel on a par with anything in Boards' catalogue.

ummm.... ok

raga like drones... yes :emotawesomepm9:

A listen to the record at Warp Records' London headquarters suggests the last eight years have not been spent in vain. Clocking in at just over an hour, it sounds both quintessentially Boards, and also like a honing of their craft. The optimistic tones of The Campfire Headphase have receded slightly, a more ineffable mood dominating. There are raga-like drones, washes of John Carpenter-like arpeggiated synth, melodies that explode like sudden lens-flare, and rhythms that forsake the skitter of IDM for something more gently, but robustly propulsive.

What's the betting that listeners will have to suffer the indignation of two hours worth of ho-hum generic dance stuff straight in from lame city before playing BOC right at the end of the show?

What's the betting that listeners will have to suffer the indignation of two hours worth of ho-hum generic dance stuff straight in from lame city before playing BOC right at the end of the show?

I'm quite certain of this.

Guest igloos unlmtd

Cool. I felt optimistic when I saw the inner sleeve design might be a clue that they'd go back to where they left off with In A Beautiful Place era.. Sounds like there might be some Poppy Seed like moments.

Campfire was too much of an opposite response to the overly dark Geogaddi sound.

I have to be optimistic they got it right this time.

raga like drones... yes :emotawesomepm9:

A listen to the record at Warp Records' London headquarters suggests the last eight years have not been spent in vain. Clocking in at just over an hour, it sounds both quintessentially Boards, and also like a honing of their craft. The optimistic tones of The Campfire Headphase have receded slightly, a more ineffable mood dominating. There are raga-like drones, washes of John Carpenter-like arpeggiated synth, melodies that explode like sudden lens-flare, and rhythms that forsake the skitter of IDM for something more gently, but robustly propulsive.

My guess is the track that will be played will be the same track from the Tokyo video... although it would be nice if it was a different one.

even if it's the same track, hearing it properly will make up a world of difference

My guess is the track that will be played will be the same track from the Tokyo video... although it would be nice if it was a different one.

no doubt

which means i am not listening to that either

Archived