IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

But for me, there is a difference albeit a small one and its importance really depends on your own individual perceptions.

For me, there is a difference - there's a depth here that I don't find elsewhere. But mostly it's a quality that I just cannot define with words - it's just more 'there' somehow.

You read my mind...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The review mentions voices in many of the songs, and I couldn't be happier. I really missed the crazy voice samples, I don't mind if they continue to keep away from children's voices, they've moved on, but I was so happy to see mention of things similar to Telephasic Workshop

Guest Papillon

The review mentions voices in many of the songs, and I couldn't be happier. I really missed the crazy voice samples, I don't mind if they continue to keep away from children's voices, they've moved on, but I was so happy to see mention of things similar to Telephasic Workshop

Yes I thought of the lighthouse tracks, a bunch of those had really sinister sounding vocal samples too...

Is it about too much hype though? Expectations being too high for the small group of fanbois is obvious. Whether the hiatus had been 1or 8 years, or more, there's always a couple of fans with "heaven in the sky" levels of expectations.

I'd agree the amount of hype is above expectations. Half a million views in only a couple of days. The people at marketing surely deserve their bonuses this year. But when is there too much hype in the world of idm?

And those newish boc rhythms are a bit of a concern. It kinda feels like this track was made 8 years ago. Not that it's bad, or anything. It just feels a bit dated. And not in a retro way. What makes it still interesting to me, is that it's part of a bigger boc cosmology. It carries the themes, the emotions, the ability to bring you back to some retro futuristic time. It's hard to say why they're better than other less well known artists. Especially now it already sounds a bit dated on arrival. To me, it has to do with a consistency within their musical universe, i guess.

That review is too much. Not hearing this is torture.

good to see more of your presence here, it was missed.

Thanks bud!

Is it about too much hype though?

It depends on what happens today. If they release another track today (which I would love), it seems like it would be just stringing us along. But if they perform live at that old waterpark, our crotches will collectively explode. So let's hope they raise the bar.

I'm going. Fuck all, it's like 2 odd hours away from me. I get off at 12:30. This is going to be rad even if it's just a video on an inflatable screen. Seen this place loads of times. Anyone from SoCal that's driven to Vegas knows it.

is there a shoulder and head inside the hexagons on the screens?

It's the Red Bull logo, haha. Thought the same thing though in the beginning of the video.

It's hilarious to think of BoC being talked about and listened to more openly in the society. Like, imagine people playing Everything you do is a Balloon/Down Chorus/Tears of the Compound eye on speakers full volume at school and such, it feels just wired.

It's hilarious to think of BoC being talked about and listened to more openly in the society. Like, imagine people playing Everything you do is a Balloon/Down Chorus/Tears of the Compound eye on speakers full volume at school and such, it feels just wired.

why weird ?my mother likes them my girl likes them my grandmother likes them

Its easy listening music for them, they dont think about nostalgia, nature or hidden symbols.

It would be weird with Autechre !?

why weird ?my mother likes them my girl likes them my grandmother likes them

In the sense that boc isn't really music for speakers imo. More for private listening. I can't really imagine some mainstream club playing Over the Horizon Radar after some thumping house song.

Archived