IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod

More importantly it's the first year ever that BOC and MBV have both release an album. Harmonic flashpoint!

boc should remix mbv

oh, and if the album tone is prefaced by that track in the video, fuck me.

dark as fuck.

I predict it will sound like a John Carpenter soundtrack.

Shit, the music on the 4 minute video sounds like Ennio Morricone's 'The Thing'.

BOC seems to enjoy using imagery from the California desert. I'm pretty sure that Adult Swim video came from out by the Salton Sea. It is a creepy apocalypic place with abandoned buildings and all.

oh, and if the album tone is prefaced by that track in the video, fuck me.

dark as fuck.

I predict it will sound like a John Carpenter soundtrack.

Shit, the music on the 4 minute video sounds like Ennio Morricone's 'The Thing'.

Exactly what i thought, THE THING. that soundtrack is amazing.

*waits for Bonus Track For Japan*

Went to Beat Records and they have no bonus track listed.

http://www.beatink.com/Labels/Warp-Records/Boards-of-Canada/BRC-382/

That's really surprising. I think every warp album released over here in the last ten years or more has had a bonus track.

It's not just limited to Warp either. Most major labels include bonus stuff for the Japanese market.

Tower records has the Japanese domestic release as June 5th.

Guest zaphod

62 minutes, after 8 years???

maybe make the album good instead of cramming as much shit onto a disc as possible? 62 minutes is actually a fairly long album.

If that date proves true. I'll post up a photo frenzy of BOC goodness as I'll pick up both cd and vinyl on the day.

But I'm still hoping Bleep offer 24bit FLAC.

That's really surprising. I think every warp album released over here in the last ten years or more has had a bonus track.

It's not just limited to Warp either. Most major labels include bonus stuff for the Japanese market.

I don't recall AFX ever bothering w/ this and Squarepusher only ever put little shit joke tracks on the end.

Bumping the website for the real Tomorrow's Harvest read their "About Us" page while listening to the official youtube clip and try not to feel unsettled. It is far too natural to hear the this text read by the voice in "One Very Important Thought":

http://store.tomorrowsharvest.com/

After seeing natural disasters in Indonesia, South America and even right here in the United States of America, we realized the need for a source of food that was quick, easy, and nutritious. In natural disasters and emergency situations,a family needs to be prepared to provide for themselves; food and shelter being top on the list. When disaster strikes, the time for preparation is over. We’ve aimed to make emergency preparedness easier and more accessible, enabling self-reliance without all the hassle of canned foods and other difficult to store and prepare foods.

We’re focused on quality foods that provide nutrition and great taste with minimal effort. And possibly the best part — it’s food storage you’ll actually want to eat!

I don't recall AFX ever bothering w/ this and Squarepusher only ever put little shit joke tracks on the end.

Yeah, that's true. But they are by far, the exception.

Aphex did it with Windowlicker...

Guest cult fiction

Yeah, that's true. But they are by far, the exception.

A lot of Japanese bonus tracks suck, but Macquarie Ridge is my favorite TCH song by far

Aphex did it with Windowlicker...

'On Crack' was a Japanese bonus track on Ufabulum.

Is anyone else not going to pre-order it? Maybe it's me being cynical, but I want to hear it before I purchase. I didn't like TCH nearly as much as everything else they had done. Also, I picked up M B V on the spot, and ended up only liking five out of the nine songs. That being said, I really hope it's awesome though.

Is anyone else not going to pre-order it? Maybe it's me being cynical, but I want to hear it before I purchase. I didn't like TCH nearly as much as everything else they had done. Also, I picked up M B V on the spot, and ended up only liking five out of the nine songs. That being said, I really hope it's awesome though.

I'm not. There's no reason too. If there was to be Ltd edition (which after this length of time and for marketing reasons) I totally expected, then I would obviously have pre-ordered.

Archived