IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

I wish you guys would lay off osc a little bit. dude is entitled to his opinions and posts.

My initial reaction to this album is closer to osc's initial reaction than to just about everyone else's in here. I'm a little surprised by the "top of their game" responses on here.

It's good, but no. I know it's great to have boc back, but no.

I should apologise for my ass-hattery several nights ago in this thread, had too much sun and even more mojitos... :blush:...sorry Osc, and anyone else who isnae into this as much as I am. I'm just an opinion with an asshole and vice versa...they are forever, inextricably intertwined.

Prior to meltdown (lolpocalypse), I managed to make some vaguely sentient comment (in another TH thread) about why this resonates with me so much:

ravedamage, on 08 Jun 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:snapback.png

And that's not me just associating it with being from the same neck of the woods, but it probably helps...the sadness and melancholia of being born in the UK of the 70s... of having the North Sea horizon as your visual standpoint...the nuclear dread of the 80s at High School. Fuck, I sound like a pretentious fanny.

Fuck, cannae work the multi-quote thingy...anyhoo.

I guess I'm just really into the bleakness of this LP, for these are bleak times...as bad as the 80s seemed to be in the UK, oh boy...but the last few tracks do give ye a wee lift, a faint cupping of hope...

Might be that the lack of melodies and beats, as some say, is also evocative of bleakness...of TH being sparse(?)...devoid somewhat of the more traditional elements of BoC that drew so many in, in the first place. I just dunno.

There's no INSANE track that kills me as much as The Beach At Redpoint or Nlogax on here...though that will probably change, given the fact I'm listening to it at work/home around 3 or 4 times a day at the mo.

It's certainly an LP I can't listen to separately, yet...for me it's always in its entirety or not at all. For now.

Dunno, rambling. Love this LP and I love this site, despite there being no breathalyser at login stage to prevent me making a tit of myself.

I'll go back to lurking in the meantime, and wait until the new EP, 'Everything's Gonna Be Just Swish, You Balloon' appears in 2019 (downloads 2020).

Keep up the excellent bantery-bickery thing, it's what makes this place great.

:wub:

I wish you guys would lay off osc a little bit. dude is entitled to his opinions and posts.

My initial reaction to this album is closer to osc's initial reaction than to just about everyone else's in here. I'm a little surprised by the "top of their game" responses on here.

I should apologise for my ass-hattery several nights ago in this thread, had too much sun and even more mojitos... :blush:...sorry Osc, and anyone else who isnae into this as much as I am. I'm just an opinion with an asshole and vice versa...they are forever, inextricably intertwined.

it's cool, you're not on the hate oscillik bandwagon at the moment, so no offense taken. and i respect that you have an opinion, just so long as it's not just fanboyism. in which case I don't respect it. but I'm sure that's not the case, right? :spiteful:

it's cool, you're not on the hate oscillik bandwagon at the moment, so no offense taken. and i respect that you have an opinion, just so long as it's not just fanboyism. in which case I don't respect it. but I'm sure that's not the case, right? :spiteful:

you're scaring me. :cerious:

Just got round to reading last weekend's Guardian Guide; They mentioned the Youtube comments from the live stream and although I don't particularly agree with it, the comment: "Sounds like Peter Gabriel dozing off with his face in a vagina" did make me inhale my morning cup of coffee.

Not a fanboy, no, more a 42 year old chap who should know a lot better than get carried away with what is essentially just...sounds...at the end of the day.

I'd still go gay for Marcus though. :tongue:

I have previously recommended to some that starting the LP from track 6 works better though.

Not a great lover of TCH but very much agree with this. Very much so.

I love most of the tracks on TCH. Not a fan of Hey Saturday Sun or Dayvan Cowboy.

I just didn't like the vibe of the album as a whole. Sunbleached and chill? not my favorite.

Guest dylanmcknd

I love most of the tracks on TCH. Not a fan of Hey Saturday Sun or Dayvan Cowboy.

I just didn't like the vibe of the album as a whole. Sunbleached and chill? not my favorite.

I know that's kinda what the album seems like on the surface, and is in a lot of ways, but it contains this whole other feeling for me that's not necessarily "sunbleached and chill" and is really hard to put into words.

I've really came to love TCH recently. I was listening to it a lot while TH was announced, and really disconnected me from the annoyance and how much I disliked the announcement of TH.

And I much prefer BoC's old website, I hope they change it from this Tomorrow's Harvest buy page.

Still love TH though, the physical album really adds to it.

Edited by dylanmcknd

Guest Gravity

Yeah, I never got the TCH hate either. In fact the reaction to this record is reminding me a lot of the reaction to that one. Some loved it, some slowly warmed up to it, and some never ended up enjoying it.

I was completely indifferent to TH on first listen. I listened to it as a whole on that broadcast thing, first time i've listened to an album that way.

I now love the whole album as an entity

I've had to email bleep customer support, since (a) my shipping confirmation email (sent June 10) only mentions the T-Shirt and not the LP and (b) the tracking information suggests that the package made it to Michigan on the 7th and then disappeared from the USPS tracking system-- which unfortunately seems to happen pretty frequently with USPS and typically indicates that they "lost" the package.

That part's most likely not bleep's fault, but I'm pretty nervous about how they'll handle it.

Edited by baph

Guest dylanmcknd

Just discovered that my amp successfully plays FLAC over USB. Lushness overdrive.

ADPMSCr.jpg

2muchlush.

What do people make of the mastering/overall 'sound' of this album? It seems quite quiet/light/bright compared to many of my other albums and older BoC. Some frequencies also hurt/ring in my ears a little, such as the ending sounds in the first track. Most tracks sound great in my car though; these things are mostly noticeable on headphone listens.

Edited by Lianne

What do people make of the mastering/overall 'sound' of this album? It seems quite quiet/light/bright compared to many of my other albums and older BoC. Some frequencies also hurt/ring in my ears a little, such as the ending sounds in the first track. Most tracks sound great in my car though; these things are mostly noticeable on headphone listens.

This is why I'm hoping to play the LP soon, since folks keep saying the mastering is superior.

Definitely seems a bit peaky in the treble, much-maligned Squarepusher stylee

I've been listening to it on headphones and found the mastering perfectly in sync to such an extent Cold Earth could easily follow Music Is Math

I've had to email bleep customer support, since (a) my shipping confirmation email (sent June 10) only mentions the T-Shirt and not the LP and (b) the tracking information suggests that the package made it to Michigan on the 7th and then disappeared from the USPS tracking system-- which unfortunately seems to happen pretty frequently with USPS and typically indicates that they "lost" the package.

That part's most likely not bleep's fault, but I'm pretty nervous about how they'll handle it.

They're going to tell you to wait up to 28 days. Then after that time elapses and you email them again they will send a replacement.

Because.. fuck bleep.

They're going to tell you to wait up to 28 days. Then after that time elapses and you email them again they will send a replacement.

Because.. fuck bleep.

That's what I expect. The lawyer part of me likes to make an early email trail, though.