IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

They're serious "by definition".

Odd article though. I don't have the idea that I've learnt anything besides some financial aspects of spotify and the likes.

As a serious student of analytic philosophy...

Are there any zany students of analytic philosophy?

Oh, sure. The best ones are typically both serious and zany.

but rest assured that unless it's BOC's Quaristice, most people here are going to love it or if they don't at first they will call it a 'grower'

haha, could be, though I think it's quite an easy album to say "meh" about. I wasn't joking actually, I've been listening to the 50 min rip of the Dolores listening party a lot; though it's missing the last couple of tracks, I think I've got a pretty decent sense of the album now (albeit in poor quality). I think they make some kind of baffling choices, in terms of not blending the tracks together well, and cutting tracks off just as they are starting to get good. Will be interesting to see what others think. To me, it's quite a step down from Campfire, though certainly not bad.

I don't think it took 7 yrs to make, I think they probably spent a good chunk of time not making music. I really hope the album is sort of a stepping stone, where it gets them back into the groove and inspires them to release more. It feels like that kind of an album, kind of tentative and lacking in confidence, with quite a bit of filler (unusual for BoC).

Lumpy don't start drawing grand conclusions about the album from that recording. You do yourself and the album a disservice.

I do myself a disservice? huh, ok, I'll keep that in mind, #1 fan.

you can't judge an album based on shitty recordings you heard that were ruined by desert wind. when i first heard the japan recording of reach for the dead, i can say i wasn't impressed. then, when i listened to it for the first time on some nice speakers, it was a totally different experience. boc makes some really intricate music and you miss a lot of those details on poor recordings.

imagine hearing exai in the same context (outdoors recording, some type of constant natural noise like wind) and then drawing conclusions. nobody would think it's fair to the album. but because it's BoC, for some reason it's ok not to take their music seriously. wtf.

but because it's BoC, for some reason it's ok not to take their music seriously. wtf.

re-read that, I'm sure you know it to be untrue. If anything their mythos has made it so their music is taken over-seriously, look at twoism.

the Dolores recording does have some wind interference but is decent otherwise. For consistency's sake I'm assuming you also raised a stink over people judging the quality of the Old Tunes tracks from casette rips? Oh that's right, nobody raised a stink, because the quality of the music shines through anyway.

Edit: if you only want to hear praise, I'll say this: Palace Posy is a standout track.

Edited by lumpenprol

Lets put it this way.

A poor album by BOC is a million times better than listening to fucking whining and moaning.

Get the jist? Good. Shut the fuck up.

I do myself a disservice? huh, ok, I'll keep that in mind, #1 fan.

Dude, you've been waiting for this thing to release for eight years. Wouldn't it be a shame to make a hasty conclusion and miss out on something great?

The old tunes rips are probably the only versions of those songs that we will ever hear. Unless you buy that thing on eBay.

You're going to hear tomorrow's harvest in two days dude. Who put sand in your panties?

I'd say it would be understandable for this album to be disappointing. Listening back to the BoC discography, there's some tracks and moments in there that are so great I think they doomed their future selves in terms of ever bettering those as soon as they had recorded them. I've not heard the album so this is total gut instinct, but I just have a feeling it will be kind of like another TCH. It'll be pretty good, unmistakeable BoC, but I really can't see it containing the next Aquarius, Happy Cycling, IABPOITC, 1969 etc...

Not that it couldn't happen, just saying I don't really expect BoC or any artist to pull that off and I can't really recall any that ever have pulled it off that well, in terms of 'comebacks' or w/e

but because it's BoC, for some reason it's ok not to take their music seriously. wtf.

re-read that, I'm sure you know it to be untrue. If anything their mythos has made it so their music is taken over-seriously, look at twoism.

the Dolores recording does have some wind interference but is decent otherwise. For consistency's sake I'm assuming you also raised a stink over people judging the quality of the Old Tunes tracks from casette rips? Oh that's right, nobody raised a stink, because the quality of the music shines through anyway.

Edit: if you only want to hear praise, I'll say this: Palace Posy is a standout track.

shitty cassette rips are a world away from recording made on a phone of music coming out from speakers like twenty feet away with desert wind in between.

shitty cassette rips are a world away from recording made on a phone of music coming out from speakers like twenty feet away with desert wind in between.

Yep. No comparison. I've gotten a sense of the album from the 50 minute waterpark recording as well. It's gonna be dope as fuck, and with the details audible it will sound so much more interesting.

Yep. No comparison. I've gotten a sense of the album from the 50 minute waterpark recording as well. It's gonna be dope as fuck, and with the details audible it will sound so much more interesting.

i think he was joking

Guest cult fiction

It's gonna be dope as fuck, and with the details audible it will sound so much more interesting.

I think it's going to be dope as hell, not dope as fuck. Don't want to get my expectations too high.

i think he was joking

Joking? I agree with him. You can't say a cassette rip is AS bad as a cellphone recording of monitors 20 feet away. Who was joking?

i think he was joking

Joking? I agree with him. You can't say a cassette rip is AS bad as a cellphone recording of monitors 20 feet away. Who was joking?

i think he misinterpreted your post by thinking that you meant that the cassette tape rip was worse than the cellphone recording cause you said you got a sense of the album from the cellphone recording.

all a big mix up--carry on.

Aaahh... ok. Thanks

yep, i'm all square now. anyone for a cucumber sandwich? i can't eat them all myself...

I tried to avoid listening to Reach For The Dead, really I did. I wanted to wait and listen to the whole thing, you know another week or two won't hurt after 8 years.

I caved in.

Reach For The Dead is fantastic, trouser-wettingly fantastic. I can't wait to hear the album.

To be honest I think the brothers could have made an album of 65 minutes of whoopee cushion noises and that would have satisfied some people :wink:.