IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Way too much FSOL, imo.

I also immediately thought FSOL ("Far Out Son of a Lung," specifically), but I like it. It reflects the good era of FSOL, not what happened to them during the "Isness" period. To be honest, I was a bit worried that BOC would return with a similar thing, since they kept saying that their new album would be unrecognizable. But I was pleasantly surprised with how much TH evoked the good work of the 90s, including FSOL's "Dead Cities".

Yeah, but BOC had their own thing going. No need to go all FSOL of a sudden. Stylistically, it's like killing the BOC-trademark.

I hope it's some kind of fan art and not official WARP material. If official, than I guess it's time to look for another artistic manager. Or whatever the function is called.

It's an official photograph--it's been on Warp's page for a few days now. Click the announcement about record store play.

Weird picture. They look younger than in the last recent photo. Could this have been taken a few years ago?

I'm not a fan of BOC photos, interviews and general PR. I want to know less about them, not more. I like the mystery and elusiveness they've spent years cultivating. A live performance would just kill it all for me.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

Guest MindElevation

Weird picture. They look younger than in the last recent photo. Could this have been taken a few years ago?

I'm not a fan of BOC photos, interviews and general PR. I want to know less about them, not more. I like the mystery and elusiveness they've spent years cultivating. A live performance would just kill it all for me.

It's an old picture. Looks to be from the same shoot they did for their LosingToday interview

6y1u9z.jpg

It's an old picture. Looks to be from the same shoot they did for their LosingToday interview

6y1u9z.jpg

Marcus: Are they gone?

Mike: Yes, but more will come. Dude, let's get back to the Bunker.

Yeah, but BOC had their own thing going. No need to go all FSOL of a sudden.

LOL yes I though the same thing.

After a few years of complete silence FSOL came out as complete hippies and are now doing Prog Rock. BOC look a bit like that on the photo. Luckily, TH doesn't make the impression of being hippie at all. Lucky us :biggrin:

Guest igloos unlmtd

To me, this is Campfire with a Geogaddi vibe. I don't really go for the mechanical drum sounds so much - I really miss the organic filtered drum sounds 1996-2001 era. Even if they are just sampled & filtered or a simple drum machine like some Hi Scores. I wish a computer virus would wipe out their sample library & make them start over again.

The melodies aren't so much melodies but some padded out drone similar to Campfire but a lot darker. The two times it gets a little lighter they ruin it with geogaddi creepy voice.

No Turquoise Hexagon Sun like melodies - which isn't a complex melody but at least four of chords strung together in a moving/touching way.

So far, I have to say that My Bloody Valentine has had the best return this year. But overall, this album is still in another class compared to Random Access Memories.

Edited by igloos unlmtd

6y1u9z.jpg

That's a lot of boards.

6y1u9z.jpg

Dont get it, is this a new interview with an old gay picture ?