IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Finally home from work and had a chance to wade through all the events of today...

Tomorrow's Harvest! I haven't been this excited for a new album probably since TCH was announced in 2005! 2013 is a hell of a year for music: the best year in memory since 2001 I'd say (which was monstrous)... Let's compare with some highlights:

Aphex Twin - drukQs

Squarepusher - Go Plastic

Autechre - Confield

Phoenecia - Brownout

Bola - Fyuti

Brothomstates - Claro

Chris Clark - Clarence Park

Radiohead - Amnesiac

Daft Punk - Discovery

Plaid - Double Figure

Depeche Mode - Exciter

Venentian Snare + Speedranch - Making Orange Things

Wagon Christ - Musipal

Telefon Tel Aviv - Fahrenheit Fair Enough

Stars of The Lid - Tired Sounds of Stars of The Lid

Bjork - Vespertine

ADULT. - Resuscitation

So yeah... 2001 was fucking massive.

2013 (released and announced)

Autechre - Exai

My Bloody Valentine - MBV

Arovane - Ve Palor

Fieldtriqp - Hidden Tracks

David Bowie - The Next Day

Telefon Tel Aviv - New Album later this year

ADULT. - The Way Things Fall

The Knife - Shaking The Habitual

mu-ziq - XTEP / Album / Heterotic

Atoms For Peace - Amok

Depeche Mode - Delta Machine

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

Quinoline Yellow - Palisade Mount EP

Bola - New Album

Machinedrum - New Album on Ninja Tune

I'm missing loads I know, but what a year it's been thus far!

Other than Ae, BoC and MBV, the most exciting release this year would seem to be the National's "Trouble Will Find Me". It was 1a with Ae until the BOC news for me...

this "article" says the album will be released in Australia on June 7th through Inertia. WTF is that about? Anyone?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1560063/boards-of-canada-return-with-tomorrows-harvest

The Inertia website says June 7th.

http://www.inertia-music.com/2013/04/news-boards-of-canada-to-release-highly-anticipated-new-album-tomorrows-harvest-this-7th-june/

Edited by acroyear

Autechre - Exai

Arovane - Ve Palor

Atoms For Peace - Amok

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

Bola - New Album

Other than Ae, BoC and MBV, the most exciting release this year would seem to be the National's "Trouble Will Find Me". It was 1a with Ae until the BOC news for me...

+ Ceephax, Letherette, Bonobo, Darkstar, impending Aoki Takamasa and Daft punk albums.. oh my. 2013 :music:

I hope it's BoC's answer to Kraftwerk's Radio Activity. Ie., personal, minimal, ghostly, but with muted passion.

thatd be great, boc have ZERO of kw's deadpan german humor so won't be as charming but yeah

Anybody who predicts a bad album based on nothing more than a gut feeling is somebody whose opinion shouldn't ever be taken seriously.

Anybody who predicts a bad album based on nothing more than a gut feeling is somebody whose opinion shouldn't ever be taken seriously.

"I got a bad feeling about this drop..."

"you ALWAYS say that, 'I got a bad feeling about this drop'!"

The album will be beautiful, dark, and sinister. They won't give us another "Campfire" after that eerie promotion and an 8 year wait. They would NOT do that to us.

Finally home from work and had a chance to wade through all the events of today...

Tomorrow's Harvest! I haven't been this excited for a new album probably since TCH was announced in 2005! 2013 is a hell of a year for music: the best year in memory since 2001 I'd say (which was monstrous)... Let's compare with some highlights:

Aphex Twin - drukQs

Squarepusher - Go Plastic

Autechre - Confield

Phoenecia - Brownout

Bola - Fyuti

Brothomstates - Claro

Chris Clark - Clarence Park

Radiohead - Amnesiac

Daft Punk - Discovery

Plaid - Double Figure

Depeche Mode - Exciter

Venentian Snare + Speedranch - Making Orange Things

Wagon Christ - Musipal

Telefon Tel Aviv - Fahrenheit Fair Enough

Stars of The Lid - Tired Sounds of Stars of The Lid

Bjork - Vespertine

ADULT. - Resuscitation

Autechre - Exai

Arovane - Ve Palor

Atoms For Peace - Amok

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

Bola - New Album

Oh man this might indicate they'll be a new Venetian Snares album. :wub:

edit@acroyear

Campfire was great, overall. Now who's the cynic :-)

I'm not saying "it will suck" but I am doubtful simply given the long gestation. Usually a band does their best work when they are at their most prolific (as far as I'm concerned, with Boards, that was with the IABPOITC ep).

But who knows, BoC often break the rules, so I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. And perhaps there really were "factors outside the band's control".

I didn't like the TCH Ep that much, though. Left Side Drive was pretty good but overall it was significantly weaker than their past eps (imo). I also didn't like what they did with 747.

Edited by lumpenprol

I listened to Campfire Headcase again today, it's like the same track remade over and over again, and that track is really obvious and boring and bland. It's the musical equivalent of a photo of a sunset.

I hope each track roughly equaling every six months of the 8 years* will mean some variety in mood and tone and expression beyond tepid niceness..

*not that it works out like that..

And I'm not delusional enough (yet) to think that they were hard at work for eight years on an album. They probably took a long break, and raised kids or some shit. I just don't think they'd have the balls to give us a bad album after such a long wait, and all the silence. Campfire Headphase is not a "bad" album. It was just not a very serious one.

Edited by acroyear

wait....WHAT???! a new arovane album?! is that confirmed? what label?

I thought I was never gonna hear from that guy again!

edit@acroyear

I'm not saying "it will suck" but I am doubtful simply given the long gestation. Usually a band does their best work when they are at their most prolific (as far as I'm concerned, with Boards, that was with the IABPOITC ep).

But who knows, BoC often break the rules, so I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. And perhaps there really were "factors outside the band's control".

I didn't like the TCH Ep that much, though. Left Side Drive was pretty good but overall it was significantly weaker than their past eps (imo). I also didn't like what they did with 747.

I think the fact that BoC did NOT release it until now indicates their dedication to the quality of the product - they could have easily released a half-hearted attempt just to appease the fans or get something out, but instead they waited until they were satisfied with the final product, despite all the roadblocks and delays in finishing the album.

And who's to say the album is all they've been working on...?

In other news, Bleep is acting normal (finally got my preorders placed for vinyl and CD), but I noticed now they have a "Estimate shipping in 41 days" - does that mean people who order now will get it 41 days AFTER June 10th? Has demand been so much it's going to take that long to get several repressing cycles complete to meet demand? If so, wonderful (for BoC) and not too bad to wait, considering the digital files will be delivered day one.

Guest northernlite

edit@acroyear

I think the fact that BoC did NOT release it until now indicates their dedication to the quality of the product - they could have easily released a half-hearted attempt just to appease the fans or get something out, but instead they waited until they were satisfied with the final product, despite all the roadblocks and delays in finishing the album.

And who's to say the album is all they've been working on...?

In other news, Bleep is acting normal (finally got my preorders placed for vinyl and CD), but I noticed now they have a "Estimate shipping in 41 days" - does that mean people who order now will get it 41 days AFTER June 10th? Has demand been so much it's going to take that long to get several repressing cycles complete to meet demand? If so, wonderful (for BoC) and not too bad to wait, considering the digital files will be delivered day one.

No.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for you recent pre-order for Boards Of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest. This product will ship to reach you for the release date of 10th June 2013."

^^ bleep confirmation letter