IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

I personally couldn't care less whether there are 24-bit versions available, but I appreciate the expectation some here have for that, and it's disappointing that after 8 years of waiting for a new release, fans can't have the music they've craved in the formats they prefer. I suppose the only way to get 24-bit quality would be a superb vinyl rip, no? SInce the CD format is limited to 16-bit/44100kzh, right?

All a 24-bit vinyl rip would get you is an uber-faithful digital encoding of how the analog record sounds on the particular playback device it was recorded from - basically going from digital (the master) to analog (the record) back to digital again.

It's been discussed ad nauseum (and debated thanks to vast amounts of misinformation), but standard 16/44.1 audio is more than sufficient given the capabilities of human hearing; HD audio is nothing more than a marketing ploy to prey on those who assume bigger/moar = better. Without steering things off topic this article does a great job of clearing up a lot of popular misconceptions:

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

bleep appear to have the album available for download now, btw - i am downloading it now (I'm in Australia and it's 2AM June 6th, unsure whether that's only for australian purchases or not)

and yep, mp3 only :(

IO6xzHx.png

So you're one day ahead of schedule, maybe we'll get our downloads Monday in the US (along with most of Europe).

Seems to me they're trying to avoid server crashes not only by limiting the formats to smaller files but also staggering their own downloads throughout the world.

Since Japan got their physical formats already and downloads were available on iTunes, were the downloads also available on Bleep for them?

bleep appear to have the album available for download now, btw - i am downloading it now (I'm in Australia and it's 2AM June 6th, unsure whether that's only for australian purchases or not)

IO6xzHx.png

So you're one day ahead of schedule, maybe we'll get our downloads Monday in the US (along with most of Europe).

Seems to me they're trying to avoid server crashes not only by limiting the formats to smaller files but also staggering their own downloads throughout the world.

Since Japan got their physical formats already and downloads were available on iTunes, were the downloads also available on Bleep for them?

I think it is Australia only, no downloads here (I live in Sweden).

Edited by MIXL2

It's been discussed ad nauseum (and debated thanks to vast amounts of misinformation), but standard 16/44.1 audio is more than sufficient given the capabilities of human hearing; HD audio is nothing more than a marketing ploy to prey on those who assume bigger/moar = better. Without steering things off topic this article does a great job of clearing up a lot of popular misconceptions:

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I'm not convinced until elusive4 has produced at least 47 graphs to counter the argument.

5 minutes left until I'm going crazy. A few days left until I get my CD from Bleep. And I will never be such an idiot again as with Exai; did not buy the physical release of it, which was about the same price as the FLAC.

Reach For the Dead has been playing in my mind over and over again all afternoon. That track does an unbelievable job of setting the tone for the album.

I think it is Australia only, no downloads here (I live in Sweden).

Oh I know, I was just wondering if Bleep also had downloads for Japan yesterday, or if it was just iTunes + physical.

first impression is that i am not keen on all the fadeouts and some of the precision boc drums are missing. i really do not like the drum sound at all in reach for the dead.

that said, this is going to take a long time to wrap my head around. comparing this album to geogaddi is a huge lol for me. we have been listening to geogaddi for 11 years.

there are some real killer tracks on here and i am confident i will be loving it soon, but i am put off by the fadeouts right away.

Edited by jules

Reach For the Dead has been playing in my mind over and over again all afternoon. That track does an unbelievable job of setting the tone for the album.

The promo CD single just went for over $100 :emotawesomepm9:

I saw that, wanted it. Wish they had some nice vinyl promos out.

first impression is that i am not keen on all the fadeouts and some of the precision boc drums are missing. i really do not like the drum sound at all in reach for the dead.

that said, this is going to take a long time to wrap my head around. comparing this album to geogaddi is a huge lol for me. we have been listening to geogaddi for 11 years.

there are some real killer tracks on here and i am confident i will be loving it soon, but i am put off by the fadeouts right away.

I was severely annoyed by the fade outs, and suddenly am not bothered by them. Don't know how, because they were really upsetting at first.

I was severely annoyed by the fade outs, and suddenly am not bothered by them. Don't know how, because they were really upsetting at first.

Enjoying it more now?

Guest Gravity

I've probably said this like 10 times by now but this album is such a grower. I went from thinking the album was simply ok to falling in love with it over the past 2 days. So so fucking nice.

Come to Dust is absolutely perfect and the ending just cements that in even more. Didn't expect it to be this good.

0:30 into Split Your Infinites is unbelievably lush.

Pretty sure anyone having doubts about this LP will come around in the next week or so.

Enjoying it more now?

I'm actually embarrassed how much I'm enjoying it now. It's glorious.

I've probably said this like 10 times by now but this album is such a grower. I went from thinking the album was simply ok to falling in love with it over the past 2 days. So so fucking nice.

Come to Dust is absolutely perfect and the ending just cements that in even more. Didn't expect it to be this good.

Pretty sure anyone having doubts about this LP will come around in the next week or so.

Listen to it on a decent pair of headphones... so much detail missed by listening via speakers with other noises around you.

Enjoying it more now?

I'm actually embarrassed how much I'm enjoying it now. It's glorious.

Excellent! It really is superb, and I've only heard it once. I can't wait to completely obsess over it in a few days. :boc:

watmm goes nuts, i can't wait to hear this and hope it's worth the wait

Oh it is.

Guest Gravity

Listen to it on a decent pair of headphones... so much detail missed by listening via speakers with other noises around you.

Oh yes, definitely. Cold Earth sounds huge played loud over speakers though.

I noticed Boomkat and other outlets are selling both a "artcard" version and a regular CD version - would they really have two versions? (I mean, of course they would, but who would choose the non-artcard version?)

I noticed Boomkat and other outlets are selling both a "artcard" version and a regular CD version - would they really have two versions? (I mean, of course they would, but who would choose the non-artcard version?)

Some people hate digipacks, I guess? It's strange that they are both the same price though, you'd think the jewel case would be cheaper.