IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

I noticed Boomkat and other outlets are selling both a "artcard" version and a regular CD version - would they really have two versions? (I mean, of course they would, but who would choose the non-artcard version?)

Some people hate digipacks, I guess? It's strange that they are both the same price though, you'd think the jewel case would be cheaper.

Is it though? I bet it's just the digipak, sans the inserts. I could see WARP pressing up 10,000+, and only 5,000 sets of inserts.

I noticed Boomkat and other outlets are selling both a "artcard" version and a regular CD version - would they really have two versions? (I mean, of course they would, but who would choose the non-artcard version?)

Some people hate digipacks, I guess? It's strange that they are both the same price though, you'd think the jewel case would be cheaper.

Is it though? I bet it's just the digipak, sans the inserts. I could see WARP pressing up 10,000+, and only 5,000 sets of inserts.

Oh, my bad. You're right, that's a bit weird.

I wonder what version amazon is selling. I mean, both version comes in one of those cool digipak things instead of just a jewel case, right?

According to Boomkat, yes.

2013, the Warp year ? First, Exai, and now, this delicious BOC...

Happy times !

You forgot Bibio. :cerious:

Good.

Very good.

Thanks for answering such an important question.

Maybe my answer was a little misleading, what I meant was, if there was a jewel case version, it's likely Boomkat, Norman et al would have them up for preorder also.

Guest feralkittens

I'm actually embarrassed how much I'm enjoying it now. It's glorious.

Nice! I would love to hear this on really good speakers, unfortunately I don't have any, so decent-ish headphones it is for now.

Glad to see more people getting won over. It is like being in a new house at first. The fadeouts stuck out to me at first, now I don't really care at all. Every track here is a winner for me. I have some trouble with Jacquard Causeway, but it's a challenge I enjoy.

Edited by feralkittens

I have some trouble with Jacquard Causeway, but it's a challenge I enjoy.

The ending of that track is worth the wait - with the introduction of that lush synth in the background.

trust me, I'm not really going to judge this for a long time, it's a boc album!

first impressions were annoyed by the fade outs and the second half is a monster. split your infinities is a beast!

I haven't purchased a CD in a LONG time. I'm gonna buy this though. Thanks for the heads up on the two versions... although I actually normally prefer a jewel case, the artcard version is clearly the way to go. Anyone know if it's limited?

actually just wondering - anybody else from australia able to download their pre-order from bleep? i pre-ordered the album minutes after the album was revealed so wondering whether that has more to do with it.

oh, and opinions on the album after a good 6-7 listens now: when i first heard Reach For The Dead I was of the common opinion that the track was brilliant but too short; just as it is building up it ends. My first listen of the new album made me think the same of many other tracks on it. The whole thing works brilliantly from start to end though; the more I listen to it the less it matters. I can draw some parallels to some of my favourite Autechre tracks where increased auditory memory of the song through its various stages seems to build on the enjoyment of it.

i'm not sure one can rank it as "better" or "worse" than their classic albums. it's very, very different then their previous work and that's an extremely good thing. i was hoping for a dark detailed album and this most certainly delivers that. very happy.

Edited by xf

actually just wondering - anybody else from australia able to download their pre-order from bleep? i pre-ordered the album minutes after the album was revealed so wondering whether that has more to do with it.

Australian release is different from Japan, US, and Europe. Officially the 7th from what I understand.

I read that they collaborated with Damon Lindelof on this, thematically and for sample resources. Lindelof supposedly has a store of religious seminar recordings (chants and stuff), and hours of interview footage with certain individuals from the 90s.

Guest Gravity

I read that they collaborated with Damon Lindelof on this, thematically and for sample resources. Lindelof supposedly has a store of religious seminar recordings (chants and stuff), and hours of interview footage with certain individuals from the 90s.

Where did you read that?

Lol. Why would they need him? This is the guy who wrote the laughable script for Prometheus.

Guest uphorm

After few listenings -

reach for the dead

cold earth

sick times

nothing is real

new seeds

come to dust

- first league, equally good, same high level as geogaddi/music has the right... stuff, goosebumps and play on repeat...

the rest is less accessible...

Very good album overall, glad they're back in good shape.

I've listened to the whole thing four times now. I'm starting to remember little parts of the tracks now and they don't seem so abrupt/incomplete anymore. I'm hearing it now more like 70s German psychedelic electronic records where tracks could be satisfying even as little sketches/jams and don't really need any big crescendos or resolution. Just a thought!

'Sundown' is fucking magical.