IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Guest Gravity

In other news, Bleep is acting normal (finally got my preorders placed for vinyl and CD), but I noticed now they have a "Estimate shipping in 41 days" - does that mean people who order now will get it 41 days AFTER June 10th? Has demand been so much it's going to take that long to get several repressing cycles complete to meet demand? If so, wonderful (for BoC) and not too bad to wait, considering the digital files will be delivered day one.

Just means it's 41 days till the release date.

Do physical preorders get a lossless download? They did with Exai and other more recent Ae releases so I don't see why not, but all it says is 'CD and Vinyl purchases come with MP3 download delivered to your account on release date'. Really want those 24bit WAVs but don't really want to have to fork out for the album twice (student budget).

If there's no lossless download offered after spending $30 on the LP, I'll be forced to acquire those files elsewhere. I'd really rather not have to.

Btw.. Cisco, who run a LOT .... maybe 80% ..of the internet data through their routers and switches, are based in San Francisco (hence the name) and have, this year, changed the cover sheet of their Technical documentation to this..its the San Fran skyline... IRONY much?????

(this is true, not joke this time)

cisco_zpsdcbc08ac.jpg

Edited by phudoshin

2013 (released and announced)

Autechre - Exai

My Bloody Valentine - MBV

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Arovane - Ve Palor

Fieldtriqp - Hidden Tracks

David Bowie - The Next Day

Telefon Tel Aviv - New Album later this year

ADULT. - The Way Things Fall

The Knife - Shaking The Habitual

mu-ziq - XTEP / Album / Heterotic

Atoms For Peace - Amok

Depeche Mode - Delta Machine

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

Quinoline Yellow - Palisade Mount EP

Bola - New Album

Machinedrum - New Album on Ninja Tune

I'm missing loads I know, but what a year it's been thus far!

Whoa, really?... I'll be looking forward to that

I listened to Campfire Headcase again today, it's like the same track remade over and over again, and that track is really obvious and boring and bland. It's the musical equivalent of a photo of a sunset.

I hope each track roughly equaling every six months of the 8 years* will mean some variety in mood and tone and expression beyond tepid niceness..

*not that it works out like that..

It's more like they pushed to produce variety from a very tight and decided on sound and style

I've really come to love the sound of the album, but I'll say if there was any spoiling of the album it was because of their intentions to become known as a "general band" or whatever. I don't think it's a good idea to produce an album with the intention of affecting one's image.

And who's to say the album is all they've been working on...?

Shh

In other news, Bleep is acting normal (finally got my preorders placed for vinyl and CD), but I noticed now they have a "Estimate shipping in 41 days" - does that mean people who order now will get it 41 days AFTER June 10th? Has demand been so much it's going to take that long to get several repressing cycles complete to meet demand? If so, wonderful (for BoC) and not too bad to wait, considering the digital files will be delivered day one.

Just means it's 41 days till the release date.

I thought so after I re-read it... good to know, thanks!

I wrote Bleep yesterday, asking them about the vinyl weight. Here's their reply:

"The vinyl is 140 gramm I am told.

Also, this item is now back in stock.

Thank you for your interest and suggestion. I will pass this along to Warp.

Bleep Support"

I wrote Bleep yesterday, asking them about the vinyl weight. Here's their reply:

Bleep Support"

'standard' vinyl pressing then, as I thought.

oh well. nevermind!

Bleep Support"

What did you suggest to them?

cMVNYjF.gif

Ahhhhh that settles it then! Thanks for the heads up.

lol, bleep's copy writers are so terrible. I know what they mean, but the lawyer in me sees a pretty exploitable, unresolved ambiguity there.

Bleep Support"

oh well. nevermind!

I suggested to Bleep that they make a few 180 gram pressings. How difficult could that be? Yeah I'm nitpicking but why not go for higher quality? I thought BoC were supposed to be 'perfectionists' or something :emotawesomepm9:

edit: just saw your question joyrex

Edited by korona15

Bleep Support"

oh well. nevermind!

I suggested to Bleep that they make a few 180 gram pressings. How difficult could that be? Yeah I'm nitpicking but why not go for higher quality? I thought BoC were supposed to be 'perfectionists' or something :emotawesomepm9:

of all the vinyl releases from BoC, only one has been 180 gram, and that was Geogaddi.

it's not necessary. yeah it's nice, but if this is all we're gonna get (and I doubt there'll be a special edition or anything like that) then I'm ok with it.

I did order Tomorrows Harvest on CD and Vinyl, 2 BoC shirts, The Campfire Headphase on CD and even the Exai shirt I did not like before the page went offline yesterday. Warp what have you done to me. But I did resist to order Exai on vinyl for a strange reason

Bleep Support"

oh well. nevermind!

of all the vinyl releases from BoC, only one has been 180 gram, and that was Geogaddi.

it's not necessary. yeah it's nice, but if this is all we're gonna get (and I doubt there'll be a special edition or anything like that) then I'm ok with it.

yeah i suppose it'll have to do. maybe the follow-up EP could be unique in some way, like the colored vinyls of iabpitc and tch. guess I'm a sucker for limited gimmickry. what, no kaleidoscope this time??!!!

Bleep Support"

oh well. nevermind!

edit: just saw your question joyrex

Higher quality? I don't think 180 g makes a difference in terms of quality, it only usually affects the price. And not in a good way.