IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Regarding all this Warped vinyl business I recall the white pressing of TCH EP being quite poor. It was noisy and there was harmonic distortion not present on the digital files; especially on 'Heard From Telegraph Lines'. I got a second copy from Warp that was exactly the same in terms of sound quality. I wonder why coloured vinyl is so shit often?

Guest Grim on Mbient

One of the tracks Sick Times is on youtube whether it's legit or not who knows, I'm not sure i want to listen to it in isolation

And igloos Tarnished Gold is an absolute gem of an album

It's fake.

How more fake tracks are going to line up until the release?

One of the tracks Sick Times is on youtube whether it's legit or not who knows, I'm not sure i want to listen to it in isolation

And igloos Tarnished Gold is an absolute gem of an album

It's fake.

How more fake tracks are going to line up until the release?

it's fake and it sucks

Regarding all this Warped vinyl business I recall the white pressing of TCH EP being quite poor. It was noisy and there was harmonic distortion not present on the digital files; especially on 'Heard From Telegraph Lines'. I got a second copy from Warp that was exactly the same in terms of sound quality. I wonder why coloured vinyl is so shit often?

Warp's coloured vinyl has a bad track record with regard to sound quality.

I have coloured vinyl from other labels and it's just fine.

lol, i just plugged my earphones back in to listen to that track while i had some Shifted on in the background underneath it, i thought boards of canada had started pounding out heavily dark techno

That "Sick Times" post could be real. As someone already mentioned, all the promo material has been beatless and drone-y. But here's another reason: it doesn't sound like the stereotypical boards output. Even though that seems like a reason against believing it, consider this: everyone who tries to make a BOC fake does it in all the usual expected ways (warbley synths, slowed down beats, samples of children laughing, etc.). However, this track avoids all of that. It actually sounds more in the vein of Emeralds or OPN, which isn't a bad thing. As a matter of fact, I kinda like this track. Don't get me wrong, if it's a faker, I won't go out and buy that person's tracks: I hold grudges for that sort of lying shit. However, if it is boards and they are aiming for this style of drone/noise music, that would be great by me. Bring it on.

to be fair, its not exactly hard to make a simple drone last for whatever duration you want. I regardless like the track, im sure it would feel nice loud on a good system