IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

that was a sample actually (the flute melody) from lord of the flies soundtrack

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Flutes

oh snap! all my childhood dreams, dashed... :emotawesomepm9:

I'm really starting to wonder how much of BoC's music is original, and what percentage just really cleverly sampled...

(well, they never released that officially, so...)

fuck this shit, i'm tired of this kind of shit, fuck boc and justice, fuck daft punk, fuck all these egomaniac callitrichidae wannabes...

just tell me that kaini industries is sampled and i'm done with electronic musics forever...

I'm really starting to wonder how much of BoC's music is original, and what percentage just really cleverly sampled...

fuck this shit, i'm tired of this kind of shit, fuck boc and justice, fuck daft punk, fuck all these egomaniac callitrichidae wannabes...

just tell me that kaini industries is sampled and i'm done with electronic musics forever...

You're joking, I hope?

You're joking, I hope?

unfortunately, no. :(

I mean about Kaini Industries... I believe it's sampled from a NFBOC film about the Cree Indians:

From BOCPages:

As explained by Boards of Canada: Kaini Industries is a company that was set up in wikipedia:Canada (by coincidence in the month Mike was born), to create employment for a settlement of Cree Indians (Forcefield 1998).

I mean about Kaini Industries... I believe it's sampled from a NFBOC film about the Cree Indians:

From BOCPages:

As explained by Boards of Canada: Kaini Industries is a company that was set up in wikipedia:Canada (by coincidence in the month Mike was born), to create employment for a settlement of Cree Indians (Forcefield 1998).

well i'm speechless, know where i can listen to the original sample?

Guest saakki

I do not think kaini is sampled straight off some track. And I think that goes for most of their newer works.

this is such a short hour, the album flies by everytime i listen to it

it is only 3 minutes shorter than geogaddi but it seems like it is half as long

I completely agree! When I play it on repeat, I'll often be surprised by Gemini's first sound - like, already?

Guest saakki

Hopefully you find nothing like kaini. For me, that melody is boc so if it is not their work..well that would be lame. But yeah I think that use of some samples is ok but boc for me is not sample based music..or so they have let me to believe.

I do not think kaini is sampled straight off some track. And I think that goes for most of their newer works.

I would be really surprised if it was not... it sounds like an old recording (yeah, I know), and furthermore, pretty authentic as far as Native American tribal beats go.

And, to clarify, I'm talking about the latter half of the track - the synth part in the beginning is totally BOC.

Guest fsdapfad

I would be really surprised if it was not... it sounds like an old recording (yeah, I know), and furthermore, pretty authentic as far as Native American tribal beats go.

how would you know? out of interest.

yes i am talking about the synth on the beggining, indeed it doesn't sound sampled, it's pretty clean sounding... obviously the end of the track sounds sampled...

wooofff, what a relief... there's not even music in this film...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

I have my reservations...

yes i am talking about the synth on the beggining, indeed it doesn't sound sampled, it's pretty clean sounding... obviously the end of the track sounds sampled...

Oh, ffs - I thought you were talking about the obviously sampled Native American bit at the end! Make yourself CLEAR, man!

Oh, ffs - I thought you were talking about the obviously sampled Native American bit at the end! Make yourself CLEAR, man!

oh ffs why would i be raving about some rocks hitting samples??? lol

oh, there's a screeching flute also there,sorry.

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

I have my reservations...

oh ffs why would i be raving about some rocks hitting samples??? lol

Well, that's why I asked to begin with if you were joking, because the latter half sounds obviously sampled...

What's wrong with that snare?

I just don't like it. It's way too loud and dominating for me.

Snare hits are so hit-or-miss. I mean, like...sonically. No, this is still a misleading statement. are very divisive, the timbre can vary far more than hi hats or bass drums. Personally I like them in reverb more often than not, but had they done that here it wouldn't of had that deliberately clunky and disjointed sound.

I'm thinking they have really straddled the line here of being influenced by soundtracks and actually creating one.

maybe that's part of the issue some are having with this?

I'm thinking they have really straddled the line here of being influenced by soundtracks and actually creating one.

This is a good point.

On another note, I unexpectedly got a second copy of the album from Bleep today. Craziness.

This is a good point.

On another note, I unexpectedly got a second copy of the album from Bleep today. Craziness.

for free?

That's probably mr. Oscillik's copy =(

Edited by StephenG

Yeah, for free. When I got the dispatch email, it said it was shipping to a different state, even on the packing slip... so I emailed them, got my copy the next day, got a freebie today. Nobody try any funny business now.

Yeah, for free. When I got the dispatch email, it said it was shipping to a different state, even on the packing slip... so I emailed them, got my copy the next day, got a freebie today. Nobody try any funny business now.

reported

lol