IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Guest Papillon

that's cool jason. Image searches of the names i take it.

Cheers. Yeah, just using the track titles in an overt literal fashion.

Actually very cool design, in fact it's considerably more interesting than some of the "official" material produced by Warp. Jason I wonder what you could come up with if you were being paid.

Tomorrow's Harvest and a tryptamine synergize into a magical experience you don't forget. I got crazy deja vu from Telepath and jarred me out of the trance i was in from the start. Cold earth - Take off...

Gemini + Reach for the dead - thinking it's my all time fav Boc opener. Drums and sample programing are awesome, and so is the buildup to it.

Telepath + Cold Earth - was teleported straight to MHTRTC and Olson + Pete standing alone type deja vu

Jacquard Causeway - synthesizers gently weep

Sick times - you're truly welcome

Come to Dust - Strong, big, moving and beautiful

Telepath's like a mash up of Gyroscope and Geogaddi but the synth reminds me of Olson ver3 especially + Heard through Telegraph lines a bit.

I did a 2CI and mushroom mix. It was nice.

Yeah, this would be lovely to trip too, I miss doing that kind of stuff. The album definitely takes me back to those kinds of places though. (The new AE was great that way too)

Really not seeing the dysphoria or dystopia in this album, if anything it conveys imagery of early memories or something. but I don't really see dystopia/coldness in electronic music all that often. Goes to show how people just associate different things with music.

Anybody knows about the sales for the album? Geogaddi got quite high back in the days, I would guess it'll sell around 10 000 on its first month?

I figure it's significantly higher than 10,000 just off the pre-order alone. I wouldn't be surprised if the pre-order was 50,000 copies.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1567106/black-sabbath-snare-first-no-1-uk-album-in-42-years

13th position in the US, 7th in the UK.

Position #15 in the US got under 25k sales, you can add a couple thousands to that for BOC. The album will be dropping a lot next week thanks to the new Kanye, Mac Miller and J Cole.

Guest VECTRON

tomorrows harvest

a.k.a.

LIMITS TO GROWTH: THE SOUNDTRACK

loads of the song titles talk about agriculture failing, and bad stuff. and all the songs are bleak and melancholy

and one of them said it was a political album about an inevitable future stage or something, but they dont want to spell it out

its about the coming environmental catastrophe

Guest Papillon

Anybody knows about the sales for the album? Geogaddi got quite high back in the days, I would guess it'll sell around 10 000 on its first month?

I figure it's significantly higher than 10,000 just off the pre-order alone. I wouldn't be surprised if the pre-order was 50,000 copies.

50M? Wow can you imagine how many of those people complained about no stickers, late delivery, no advance on digital files despite leak etc. I know I emailed bleep three times regarding TH just myself.

Guest uphorm

Nothing new, it was mentioned several times already but this album is F*CKIN EXCELLENT, the more you listen the more you can discover and appreciate its magic, at first few listens I liked it but after several listenings I really appreciate and love it, even the tracks I didn't like at first really grew on me with every listening, it's like one of the all time classic favorites from the past, for me it already reached the same high level as MHTRTCH and Geogaddi, they really mastered their new work of art! I'm totally hooked...

Not three hours ago I listened to Tomorrow's Harvest for the very first time. I'd been holding out on any and all material related to the album so that I could tackle it all at once. I packed up my tablet with the wavs and my Grados and drove out to an abandoned gravel pit about 20 minutes out of town. Today was sunnny and windless. Here's a picture I took of the location right before I started up 'Gemini'.

WhereIheardTomorrowsHarvest.jpg
Needless to say TH was A LOT to take in... One thing that I can confidently say is that it didn't disappoint in the least and I was utterly swept up in what I was hearing and seeing. There were swarms of small green insects crawling on the branches above my head that seemed to pivot and skitter in time with what I was hearing. Birds darted in and out of the scene as well, adding to the aural tapestry of the album with their sounds. An eagle dove into the ocean on my left just as the drums picked up on 'Cold Earth'; couldn't see if it came up with anything. Overall I felt as though I was experiencing a BoC fan-vid waking dream of collaged documentary footage: it was a glorious experience that I will always remember when I listen to TH.
As dark as this album is purported to be (and it certainly has its moments) 'Palace Posy' stood out as a revelatory moment of levity; it is such a fun track that initially struck me as having been cut from a similar emotional cloth as MHTRTC's Aquarius in the way that it grows and shifts melodically, THEN that bizarre vocoder drops in and I was just floored! I can barely recall track 11 because I was still reeling from Palace Posy! 'New Seeds' was also a standout on this cursory listen; that unrelenting ratatat tribal arpeggio sound that they are messing with on this album used absolutely brilliantly on this track!
So that's one listen thus far and I am even more excited to dive back in!

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1567106/black-sabbath-snare-first-no-1-uk-album-in-42-years

13th position in the US, 7th in the UK.

Position #15 in the US got under 25k sales, you can add a couple thousands to that for BOC. The album will be dropping a lot next week thanks to the new Kanye, Mac Miller and J Cole.

Tomorrow's harvest has sold over 60,000 copies now according to this website.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

I admit that website doesn't look too official. But I'm sure Tomorrow's Harvest will sell just slightly over 100k for the first release/pressing etc etc.

Edited by StephenG

Guest cult fiction

btw I have it on good authority the Bros intended it as an anagram of:

Calypso Ape

YES