IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

there are tracks on there that touch my soul a lot. its heavy when you smoked a joint

i'm playing it more then when i first got it. together with the new autechre and kanye west the best shit for me this year

I still cane New Seeds, Cold Earth and Reach For The Dead regularly. I don't think the album is on a par with my personal fave, MHTRTC, but at least it's fresh BOC (or at least was a couple months back).

• 1 month later...

I listened to this album by arranging the tracks 1,17,2,16,3,15... and thought it flowed better than the original track order.

I did this too not too long ago

and liked the results

But nothing profound from what I remember, no secrets revealed :)

I listened to this album by arranging the tracks 1,17,2,16,3,15... and thought it flowed better than the original track order.

For me this is the only issue I have to the album - I think the tracks are all wonky. Every time I replay the album I think, bloody hell this is so good but then in every track from 11 to 17 I keep thinking "Ahh this is the last track, oh hang on this is, no this, wait this ... is this album going to actually ever end" - I mean all the 'finale' tracks are good, it's just there seems to be 6 too many of them :lol:

Guest bitroast

I consider this BOC's Quaristice.

I do not mean that as an insult.

Though it is interesting that the same members who hated Quaristice also hated this.

no way, i hated quaristice when it came out but instantly loved tomorrows harvest.

also note* i love quaristice now and still love tomorrows harvest.

people keep referring to the autechre syndrome, where a new album sounds like shit but the previous album is now regarded as amazing. and then another new album comes out and the previous previously shit album is now regarded as amazing. i definitely agreed with this during quaristice. but then oversteps came out and absolutely debunked that thoery. as did exai. i don't think there's any truth to that theory really, other than untilted and quaristice were cold and difficult albums to 'get'.

sorry for autechre tangent, my brain is obviously temporarily ae-skewed after the aaa.

I consider this BOC's Quaristice.

I do not mean that as an insult.

Though it is interesting that the same members who hated Quaristice also hated this.

I like Quaristice. Dislike Tomorrow's Hype.

statement debunked.

Ah, interesting. Haven't heard anything about that. Hopefully it will be a 'proper' single, and there will be a few non-album tracks on it, and hopefully no horrible remixes like the Trans Canada EP had.

You are wrong, the Odd Nosdam remix is great. It's a different kind of remix which makes it great.

I fuckin love that remix.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest drukqs11

TH is an awsome album, hands down, way better then Geogaddi, my least prefered BoC album.

Reach for the Dead

Cold Earth

Transmission Ferox

Nothing is Real

Sundown

Semena Mertvykh

6 songs i really really enjoy is good enough for me in an album.

TH is an awsome album, hands down, way better then Geogaddi, my least prefered BoC album.

Did Blerp send out counterfeit copies of Tomorrow's Harvest for lulz? I just... AHHHHAhklxjfs;kljhg

Guest transmisiones ferox

This album is so fuckin epic, that at some point I felt a little tired of it, just put it on the shelf and don't think about it