IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

• 1 month later...

Put T.H. back on after a few months, WOW this Album doesn't work in Autumn/Winter.

PS:

I consider this BOC's Quaristice.

Perhaps it's gonna be their 'Quaristice' ... ! :dry:

This is a really weird comparison to me - quaristice is all over the place, one of ae's most stylistically varied albums. But TH is so consistent in its style, maybe their most focused and least varied album so far.

I relistened this recently and I still love it. Jaquard Causeway always get me, so good! One of those rare tracks that achieves emotional resonance with nearly any mood.

Put T.H. back on after a few months, WOW this Album doesn't work in Autumn/Winter.

PS:

I consider this BOC's Quaristice.

Perhaps it's gonna be their 'Quaristice' ... ! :dry:

This is a really weird comparison to me - quaristice is all over the place, one of ae's most stylistically varied albums. But TH is so consistent in its style, maybe their most focused and least varied album so far.
A whole bunch of short tracks that probably would have benefited from being fleshed out properly

Seems like a fair comparison to me

Guest transmisiones ferox

The early versions of Jacquard Causeway is actually different sounds of train railways :dry:

huh?

The track and how it sounds remind of the train and I remember that they said in one interview, that they listened to the sound of railways or trains (don't remember actually) so maybe it was inspired by this. And the early sketches were real sound of trains (this was more like a joke)

Edited by arvy Ictal

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The early versions of Jacquard Causeway is actually different sounds of train railways :dry:

huh?

The track and how it sounds remind of the train and I remember that they said in one interview, that they listened to the sound of railways or trains (don't remember actually) so maybe it was inspired by this. And the early sketches were real sound of trains (this was more like a joke)

oh yeah i remember that interview, iunno if that's the track they meant maybe, who knows

Two years old now, jeez where does time go? I loved it from the start and still love it now. Fantastic album.

When do you reckon we can expect a new one? Going off recent output I'm reckoning about 2019 :wink:

Guest transmisiones ferox

huh?

oh yeah i remember that interview, iunno if that's the track they meant maybe, who knows

Probably none the of tracks, jc still one of the most mechanical moments on the album for me, it could be inspired by mechanisms , how long did I not listened to it, the time flies

Aye it was nice to listen to it fresh again without all the analysis and expectations that came with the album release. Sometimes we talk ourselves out of fully appreciating good shit.

• 3 months later...

I've been listening to boc for about ten years now, as I recall Campfire had just came out around the time I got into them. (tho it was a few years until I would actually listen to CfHp). The first thing I ever heard was boc maxima. Actually, after initially listening to each of their albums up to CfHp once or twice, for years maxima was the only boc release I had on my iPod/laptop and the only one I listened to. Around 3 years ago I had one of the most beautiful experiences tripping mushrooms at the beach and boc maxima was played at the peak of the trip. In my mind, maxima is my favourite boc album and one of my all time favourite albums I've ever heard. I still sometimes get tears when I hear some of the tracks on it.

All this being said, the summer of 2013… I was completely obvlivious to all the hype behind Tomorrow's Harvest. Sure, I knew the album came out and I would see it in the record stores. But to me, I had boc maxima, and that was enough. And I never bothered buying or listening to any of it. Maybe that sounds strange? Anyways, eventually (this past summer 2015) I got on a kick where I decided… wtf? I don't have any boc on vinyl or cd, this needs to change. First thing I bought was the Hi Scores reissue. I rate that as the best offical boc release. Followed by MHTRTC and Twoism. Last week I picked up In a beautiful place… as well as Richard D. James Album, but before I opened the RDJA, I noticed it was a 1972 reissue and as I'd rather have a Warp release, I went back and exchanged it for Tomorrow's Harvest.

Now, technically I had heard a portion of TH in the Winter of 2014 on the ride home from a Skinny Puppy concert in Chicago. I was falling in and out of sleep while it was playing in the car. I barely recall any of what I heard. I remember thinking 'this sounds much more ambient and cold compared to the boc I know'.
But I'd say the first time I really heard it was last week. I've played it once or twice a day since, mostly playing the vinyls as they sound better ,but I listened to a few times on my headphones the digital downloads that came with it.

My firstimpression was that it was very haunting and moody and eerie. I was listening to it while reading old English poetry for my brit lit class. The standout track to me is Jacquared Causeway. It was the only track that immedietly caught my attention. I've been quite sick while listneing to it, and it does fit this mood. It is to me indeed quite a cold album. And I think it fits perfectly with cold weather/autumn. I really like Gemini as the opening track. It gives me chills, as does JC. Really the whole A side is quite chilling and probably my favourite side. It's odd. I find it to be their least engaguing record. So it's great for playing while doing other things. Sometimes I feel like I really am enjoying it, and other listens it just seems alright and tracks playout before I realise what's happening.

I actually went through this entire thread and read all 81 pages, to get a taste for what the hype was like and how people reacted to it when it first came out. I'm pretty late but, I'd say I'm glad, cos I had no idea about any of the promotion behind it and went into it completely neutral.
Overall I think I like it quite a bit, but it's hard to say exactly my feelings about it at this point.

it really is transcendent stuff if you allow yourself to succumb to the vibe and nature of the concept behind the album. it doesn't necessarily outclass the previous works, but it certainly belongs on the same mantle. my favorite front to back listening experience outside of MHTRTC which doesn't necessarily mean it's my favorite. Just special.

Listed to TH last night in the car on the way to Portsmouth

Perfect album

Just some truly transcendent shit

Whenever I hear it I'm always surprised at how good it is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Day 16 of Bleep Advent is Boards of Canada day.

Made especially for Bleep's Advent, Warp presents us with a rare chance to own a limited Boards of Canada Print. Continuing on the artwork theme, created by the duo for the celebrated 2013 album Tomorrow's Harvest, this limited edition print displays the hazy and hypnagogic imagery on smooth, uncoated, premium paper.

Hand-numbered edition of 100. Strictly one per customer.

https://bleep.com/advent-boards-of-canada-print