Tomorrow's Harvest Video Announcement

Joyrex

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this video is the least convincing of all the fakes that showed up so far ... :nacmat:

Well, they're musicians, not video artists.

Actually, they've said in an interview (can't remember which one) that they have worked with film for a while. Just fun home videos kinda thing. Damnit, what interview was that? a little help?

Actually, they've said in an interview (can't remember which one) that they have worked with film for a while. Just fun home videos kinda thing. Damnit, what interview was that? a little help?

this one? http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/6151-boards-of-canada/

Marcus: Back then television was a really big deal for us because we were so bored. We weren't old enough to go to the cinema and we were in a town where there was absolutely bugger all to do. So we just went out and vandalized property. [Laughs] Or sneak in video nasties from the local video store. Or got our friends together to make films. We had our crappy early-80s bikes and went out with my dad's super-8 camera making films.

Guest yikes

well.......

at least at a bare minimum its more abstract than anything on dayvan which is my least fave BOC release.

I found the video to be entrancing and calming

Okay, I'll admit, after watching the video one more time ... it totally is! The sound is very intense. The visuals are alright as well - but I noticed (again) how the text at the end is trying to look like it's part of the whole dropout-glitched video but it's really just bluntly added onto the footage in windows movie maker or something. It seems kind of lazy compared to the huge proportion of the whole promo-gag! :wink:

this one? http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/6151-boards-of-canada/

Marcus: Back then television was a really big deal for us because we were so bored. We weren't old enough to go to the cinema and we were in a town where there was absolutely bugger all to do. So we just went out and vandalized property. [Laughs] Or sneak in video nasties from the local video store. Or got our friends together to make films. We had our crappy early-80s bikes and went out with my dad's super-8 camera making films.

That's the one. Thank you.

I found the video to be entrancing and calming

Okay, I'll admit, after watching the video one more time ... it totally is! The sound is very intense. The visuals are alright as well - but I noticed (again) how the text at the end is trying to look like it's part of the whole dropout-glitched video but it's really just bluntly added onto the footage in windows movie maker or something. It seems kind of lazy compared to the huge proportion of the whole promo-gag! :wink:

yeah, I thought the same, I was totally into it until the release date was just lamely dropped on top of the noise. Would have been cool if it was hidden in the noise and we all had to freeze-frame to read it...