IGNORED

BOC's 'Treasure Hunt'

Guest Kenneth172

Guest Kenneth172

So what seemed like a 'treasure hunt' for these six digit numbers ultimately leads to a 36 digit password that can easily be bypassed by cutting and pasting a URL into your web browser. What then follows is a promo video and the option to buy the new album on Bleep. Personally I was expecting more from this puzzle given the endless discussion on Farcebook 24/7, the numbers are seemingly now irrelevant. Or are they? I still think there's something more to this that hasn't yet transpired. Like clues to some location perhaps.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that there's the new album and everything. With all the hype I was expecting those numbers to mean more. :boc:

Guest RadarJammer

it was exciting because it brought out the lunacy of superfans and the sudden burst of activity can be euphoric but the end result of the game feels the same as when you are done with sex and you now have a used sloppy condom on your dick that you gotta take care of. that used condom feeling is gonna travel with this album until the end of time (for me atleast) which is the price to pay for the short lived excitement of watching the thing unfold.

Guest Kenneth172

What was wrong with the other thread?

Nowt.

lame marketing lol

Could be.

it would have been cooler if there was some music released after that, but what can you do?

Well, there's the new album?

it was exciting because it brought out the lunacy of superfans and the sudden burst of activity can be euphoric but the end result of the game feels the same as when you are done with sex and you now have a used sloppy condom on your dick that you gotta take care of. that used condom feeling is gonna travel with this album until the end of time (for me atleast) which is the price to pay for the short lived excitement of watching the thing unfold.

True. Kinda feels like that.

Anyone old enough to remember the 1970s book 'Masquerade' ref: the Golden Hare? Now that was a proper treasure hunt. I just think those codes could have lead to something more than a mere internet password.

pg-16-Gold-Hare.jpeg

Guest Kenneth172

well the hunt paid off, there's a new album coming out soon, what more do you want? mp3 of marcus remaking gyroscope using only fart noises on casio sk1?

cgPRA.gif

Guest Kenneth172

I don't if this is Warp's fault but the guys on the IRC are saying that these numbers are also Marcus's Visa number.

I bet they were laughing all the way to the bank of RDJ.

Guest ZombieLincoln666

So what seemed like a 'treasure hunt' for these six digit numbers ultimately leads to a 36 digit password that can easily be bypassed by cutting and pasting a URL into your web browser. What then follows is a promo video and the option to buy the new album on Bleep. Personally I was expecting more from this puzzle given the endless discussion on Farcebook 24/7, the numbers are seemingly now irrelevant. Or are they? I still think there's something more to this that hasn't yet transpired. Like clues to some location perhaps.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that there's the new album and everything. With all the hype I was expecting those numbers to mean more. :boc:

What do you mean the password is easily bypassed by pasting in a URL? The idea is that we didn't know the URL, and it was up to the community to get to it...

It isn't like each person is supposed to go through the steps to get to the pre-order. They are actually trying to sell albums, FYI.

Guest Kenneth172

What do you mean the password is easily bypassed by pasting in a URL? The idea is that we didn't know the URL, and it was up to the community to get to it...

It isn't like each person is supposed to go through the steps to get to the pre-order. They are actually trying to sell albums, FYI.

So you haven't been reading bocpages posts on Farcebook then ref the URL? If you're saying the whole idea behind this 'puzzle' was to find a URL then it seems a little bit basic to me, doesn't really seem testing. A few hours back, I read a post by bocpages on my Farcebook newsfeed and it was all over, no more puzzling over what those numbers meant. Just string them together to make a password. Like everyone else my brain was working overtime, thinking of longitude/latitude locations, hexagons and csch maths equations.

Obviously I do know this is all marketing lead designed to result in an increase in album sales. I wasn't born yesterday mate. But as I said they could have done so much more with this. Just my thoughts.

Guest ZombieLincoln666

So you haven't been reading bocpages posts on Farcebook then ref the URL? If you're saying the whole idea behind this 'puzzle' was to find a URL then it seems a little bit basic to me, doesn't really seem testing. A few hours back, I read a post by bocpages on my Farcebook newsfeed and it was all over, no more puzzling over what those numbers meant. Just string them together to make a password. Like everyone else my brain was working overtime, thinking of longitude/latitude locations, hexagons and csch maths equations.

Obviously I do know this is all marketing lead designed to result in an increase in album sales. I wasn't born yesterday mate. But as I said they could have done so much more with this. Just my thoughts.

I've been following this whole thing from the start. I never once thought it was anything more than something like this. Obviously not all the attempted predictions were going to be right. They certainly weren't going to have people use maths equations, that is silly.

If your complaint was that this wasn't difficult enough, then I think either your expectations were simply too high, or you haven't looked at how some of the numbers were found. It wasn't trivial by any means.

Guest Kenneth172

I've been following this whole thing from the start. I never once thought it was anything more than something like this. Obviously not all the attempted predictions were going to be right. They certainly weren't going to have people use maths equations, that is silly.

If your complaint was that this wasn't difficult enough, then I think either your expectations were simply too high, or you haven't looked at how some of the numbers were found. It wasn't trivial by any means.

"They certainly weren't going to have people use maths equations, that is silly." No it isn't. Don't underestimate BOC or their fans.

I think you're too easily satisfied that a week's worth of mass internet speculation and problem solving culminates in a simple password that allows one to pre-order the album. I'm saying that the end product, a password, could have been so much more like a possible location. An opportunity lost, or is it? I for one, had my shovel ready and my rucksack packed for Scotland!

so recap real quick...a WATMMer figured it out, right? Bearrikson (sp?) found a link in the source code on boardsofcanada.com/cosecha-transmisiones.com to an mp3? or a movie file? and the code was figured out by converting from the original gobbledygook via base 64 maths, which yielded the final 6-digit code, which when put in place with the other numbers was the password...

then Warp just released all the info?

correct me where i'm wrong please.

Guest Kenneth172

Not sure who it was who released all the info, I read it on Facebook thus ending the puzzle.

All BOC's original websites point towards cosecha-transmisiones.com

The header for the index.php contains a code, this leads a URL with an mp3. This states the code 813386. Combine all the codes together without slashes and you have the correct password for the terminal on the site. This leads us to the video which reveals the albums title, Tomorrow's Harvest and a release date of June 10.

Skip all of that and here's the URL for the video:

http://d2z73vh7cr79ry.cloudfront.net/tomorrows_harvest_transmission.mp4

End product: password to video plus link to Bleep to pre-order album.

I was checking the headers of the images at the old website yesterday, and the date of the background image wasn't too far off.

$ head music70bgd.jpg
▒▒▒▒JFIFHH▒▒T▒ExifMM*
▒▒▒▒(▒▒▒▒iv▒Eastman Kodak CompanyDC210 Zoom (V01.51)▒▒▒0110▒▒H▒▒P▒X▒▒l▒
t▒|▒
▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒
▒▒|H▒<(
1998:08:28 19:33:17<
(
<

Guest ZombieLincoln666

No it isn't. Don't underestimate BOC or their fans.

Oh my God, I am so sorry.

Having seen some of the maths people tried to do, I can safely say I didn't underestimate anything.

Guest Kenneth172

No it isn't. Don't underestimate BOC or their fans.

Oh my God, I am so sorry.

Having seen some of the maths people tried to do, I can safely say I didn't underestimate anything.

No need to apologize Mr. Zombie, I guess I overestimated your underestimations, easily done.

I think simply watching it play out casually (skimming threads to catch-up) versus getting really involved in the hunt myself kept it novel to me. No letdown from the rush. Hell I was at lunch when the album was revealed and AFK for a good 3 hours during the big reveal. To me this is a nice change from the usual onslaught of lengthy interviews and drawn-out hype, speculation, and analysis before a big album comes out - I feel like more often than not there's a letdown because you've heard every second of a release and know the whole story behind it before you even play it out yourself.

Archived