IGNORED

Something cost you more than you hoped/could afford, fancy a rant?

Ifeelspace

Just put my car through it's M.O.T.

£375 (Unhappy face)

Anyone else had to pay out a reasonable sum lately and wants to rant about it?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought a new video card this morning.... $1050.

Woke up this morning and turned my computer on, got the blue screen of death. So I went to flash my bios and in doing so wrecked one of my gpu slots on the mobo... I had two video cards (560ti ds) in SLI mode... figured since I busted a slot and one 560 isn't enough I'd just get a 690 .

but seriously $1050?fuck

I recently received some coupons in the mail, one of which said "Buy 2 Tombstone Frozen Pizzas get 3 Free". I thought, "HolyShitILoveFrozenPizza" and drove over. I grabbed the pizzas, went to the front counter, paid the price (which seemed kind of steep, but I wasn't really thinking) and then noticed they charged me over 7 dollars each for the two pizzas. Tombstones are usually $3.

Sneaky mother fuckers. Haven't been to that store since.

woke up two days ago and got into my car to go to work. it wouldn't start. $50 cab ride later i'm at work without coffee or smokes. i guess that's more of a FWP but $50 to get to work? fuck off. the second part is it's a new car, so i have that bill to pay. i got a car because i need one to be able to get to work. fuck.

I really don't get too upset over that stuff anymore because I've become pretty frugal, thrifty, and generally aware as a consumer. Taxes and government fees are perpetually frustrating of course but thankfully i don't make enough to really have to deal with that shit.

We had to spend $2k for our dog. He was only 1 years old but had a genetic weak knee (a luxating patella). We knew getting a dog, even a mutt, would involve that kind of unexpected spending, so it was no question to spend money on it. He's actually better than ever now and it prevented a far worst injury from possibly occurring.

My only real frustration comes from a few of my friends and peers They spend stupidly and irresponsibly then say they are broke. I mean, I could care less how much money you make (even if it's a lot more than myself) and how you spend money but when people buy luxury items then act like they too are in the same boat as those actually struggling to pay bills and buy groceries I get a bit pissed off. To give a good example my wife and I were trying to plan a road trip with some friends to New Mexico and they were like "I don't think we can afford it at the time" and then a month later one of them flew to California to visit a friend, spent twice as much on tickets alone that the road trip would of cost, and then complained about how annoying her friend was. People can be pretty clueless and uninformed (and unfortunately I feel that's why many were hurt by the housing bubble and why so many are duped by big business and big banking so often on many different level)

I do hate paying for food that ends up being awful. I spent $5 at my work cafeteria because I had forgotten to bring lunch that day and the meal was so godawful I could hardly eat it. It sounded good too (some Asian fusion dish).

It's just a bit deflating. Trying to save up for a mortgage deposit is difficult enough. I know cars cost money. This MOT was just £200 more than I was anticipating, so I'm a little peed off. But I'll be over it tomorrow and probably spunking more of the money i'm sposed to be saving on needless crap!

I need to get a better paid job :wink:

Woke up this morning and turned my computer on, got the blue screen of death. So I went to flash my bios and in doing so wrecked one of my gpu slots on the mobo... I had two video cards (560ti ds) in SLI mode... figured since I busted a slot and one 560 isn't enough I'd just get a 690 .

but seriously $1050?fuck

Jeez man, what else is in your rig right now?

Also, I recently paid hundreds of dollars on inconclusive blood tests / medical procedures.

I've got my MOT on Saturday...hoping it won't set me back £375...bet it fucking does though.

Good luck! I hate MOT time, cos no matter which garage I go to, I always think they are going to take the piss. I have a really cynical nature against people in the motor trade.

but seriously $1050?fuck

Jeez man, what else is in your rig right now?

Also, I recently paid hundreds of dollars on inconclusive blood tests / medical procedures.

it's not TOO crazy of a computer! I've got a 120gb solid state drive for the OS, 2tb storage, 16gb 1800mhz ram... sabertooth x58 mobo, i7960 chipset...

It's a decent setup!

About a year ago the wife & I refinanced the our mortgage, and just last week we got a letter from our lender letting us know that our escrow account (for RE taxes) has been underfunded for the past year, that we owe about $1000 for the shortfall (which we can pay at once or spread over 12 mos, yay), and that our mortgage is going up regardless to reflect the new tax payments. The kicker is that in the letter has a 2-column breakdown of pay-ins and pay-outs - so if the first quarterly pay-in is 350 and the first pay-out is 500, so obviously the balance is slipping and hence why the fuck didn't you notify us then

Guest disparaissant

i owe roughly 20k for a hospitalization. probably will just end up in bankruptcy! whoohoo!

I've got my MOT on Saturday...hoping it won't set me back £375...bet it fucking does though.

Good luck! I hate MOT time, cos no matter which garage I go to, I always think they are going to take the piss. I have a really cynical nature against people in the motor trade.

yeah tell me about it...i don't trust any of them although last year i was pleasantly suprised to only have to pay £35 for the actual MOT and they didn't even try and stiff me for "incompliant wiper blades" or some made-up shit like they usually do. hoping for the same again this year, but i've got an uneasy feeling the two back tyres need changing...

Guest A/D

i owe roughly 20k for a hospitalization. probably will just end up in bankruptcy! whoohoo!

American_Eagle__Flag.jpg

I'm really sorry to hear that. Shit is fucked up. Have you tried to apply for Medicare?

Guest disparaissant

i've tried to apply for BADGERCARE (what a name) but the rolls are closed.

my rent jumped up from 1395 to 1515 a month when I renewed my lease (fuck you too, bushwick), which, combined with retroactively increased security deposit and last month rent, along with my slowly healing financial injury due to income tax payments, leaves me with negative infinity dollars

but seriously $1050?fuck

:cerious: ...do you need that card?

I´m pretty low on money right now, so I can´t spend much anyway. (...it´s been like that for 3years :emotawesomepm9:)

but seriously $1050?fuck

$1050

Are you rendering Pixar's movies for them

my rent jumped up from 1395 to 1515 a month when I renewed my lease (fuck you too, bushwick), which, combined with retroactively increased security deposit and last month rent, along with my slowly healing financial injury due to income tax payments, leaves me with negative infinity dollars

wow holy fuck

i'm moving to detroit after school, f this brooklyn jazz

i'm phenomenally broke right now. Had 68 cents in my checking for the past two weeks. Pay day is tomorrow, but it won't get me far as i'm heading into the city for an andy stott show.

#priorities

but seriously $1050?fuck

where did you get your GTX 690 from?

the GTX Titan brought the price down of the 690, which was at $999.

but seriously $1050?fuck

$1050

Are you rendering Pixar's movies for them

but seriously $1050?fuck

where did you get your GTX 690 from?

the GTX Titan brought the price down of the 690, which was at $999.

I grabbed it from a store here in Calgary called memory express. It's basically a computer enthusiast store, lower prices than the chain stores (future shop, best buy etc) and the people are quite knowledgeable.

The only reason it was more expensive than msrp is because I bought 3 years unlimited product replacement on it... It's way to expensive of a card to not get the extend warranty on it!

lol Zeff I'm not rendering pixars movies lolol. But my girlfriend (Anna K here on watmm) IS playing bioshock infinite with the settings on ultra and my video card enhancing anti aliasing to 64x csaa and the video card running only at 60 degrees/very quiet fan!

It's a good card I highly recommend it but I just didn't want to spend this much money

lol

Archived