IGNORED

Luke Vibert presents Fresh Treasures [Bruton Music, 2011]

saikobjorn

This just came up on What - a selection of library music from the '70s by Luke Vibert. I thought there were just the two Nuggets compilations, and now it seems a third one has been out for a couple of years already?!

News to me, probably jazz to some, but I thought some of you would like to know about it.

http://www.unippmglobal.com/#/composers/Composers%20I-P/Luke%20Vibert.aspx

After checking it out tonight, I very much agree. Anyone know a way to get access to more Bruton music? In lossless, if possible?

one way would be to purchase the actual rekkids then rip them yourself into FLAC (or find someone with them who can do that for you). the problem is a lot of the orignal stuff has a hiss whereas some of these were remastered (or came from really good masters). i noticed the monkman tracks weren't as clear

btw: some of these tracks were nice, many were repeats, then the ones with vocals and especially the last 4 were terrible.

bruton is a wicked library.

After checking it out tonight, I very much agree. Anyone know a way to get access to more Bruton music? In lossless, if possible?

there are some great blogs devoted to Library Music, usually w links to MP3's ... I've come across quite a few Bruton uploads.

Brian Bennet, and Francis Monkman are quality cats... Lossless link are not likely, check ebay for the wax. Generally Bruton lp's are more affordable than KPM Library Lp's.

Thanks, Nebraska and Velazquez. I am gonna need to opportunities for getting some Bruton vinyl. The catalogue number for Fresh Treasures (BR513) leads me to believe most of this music remains unreleased to the general public, though.

Brian Bennet and Alan Hawkshaw have really caught my attention. I feel their music possesses much of the same humour which makes Luke Vibert's music so enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived