IGNORED

Post your favorite self-composed melody

o00o

thanks modey! This is an awesome idea for a thread. We should have more "post your best work" type stuff - it's cool to see everyone's favorite thing, as opposed to just the newest.

Skip to around 7:38

Not particularly beautiful or something, but I like it for its weirdness. I couldn't/can't finish the tune because I lost some of the vsti's used :( .

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Personal favourite of mine. I'd just got a field recorder and recorded myself trying to play guitar with it. Ridiculous amounts of distortion, a crazy lead synth that goes all over the place and some samples from the film Dead Man's Shoes later and it was finally finished!

[youtubehd]MUCJ0kLTLY4[/youtubehd]

Really enjoyed a lot of these, cheers.

This isn't my best melody nor is it my favorite, but it's special to me because it was a total one off and I think it's in the most generic mode ever, C major. For some reason it really resonates with me even though it's technically very simple. Composed entirely on a Yamaha vl1 with abelton as a looper effect

And that, too.

For the last couple of years I haven't really done much in the way of melodies since I've been concentrating more on texture (maybe micro melodies), but recently I've been getting back into it. Anyway, this means that nearly all the stuff that has any melodies to speak of is from quite a while ago. So probably the strongest melody I have is this (WARNING: QUITE CHEESY) from a few years back. I think it was one of the first tracks I did on a computer.

Archived