IGNORED

Favorite µ-Ziq remix?

Goiter Sanchez

Browsing through Discogs I see that Mike P. has done a huge number of remixes: most unheard by me presently and most seemingly rare and oop.

This topic is for posting your favorites. Of those that I've heard his Nav Katze remix from 1997 is my current favorite, though that could certainly change considering how many I've not heard...

Post away!

I-F - Space Invaders Smoking Grass (µ Ziq Remix) : it's an aborted/unreleased remix, was (is ?) on his myspace, and it's fantastic.

I-F - Space Invaders Smoking Grass (µ Ziq Remix) : it's an aborted/unreleased remix, was (is ?) on his myspace, and it's fantastic.

I still love his take on Aphex Twin's "On". It's a sort of happier, more childish version.

I probably love because I was listening to it in heavy rotation in the summer of 1995.

I still love his take on Aphex Twin's "On". It's a sort of happier, more childish version.

I probably love because I was listening to it in heavy rotation in the summer of 1995.

Thanks mate. I need to dry my tears now ;)

[youtubehd]KoVGITzItmA[/youtubehd]

Are you sure this is a remix by µ-Ziq? I know this one as a genuine track by him. It sounds exactly like Grape Nuts (Part 1) from Bilious Paths.

If I remember correctly, I read an interview of Mike where he said that he accepted the remix request if he could also use it as an original tune. I don't have my record collection here, but I think it's credited in Bilious Paths booklet.

Those are both good. I knew I had heard that track somewhere before. The "Which Cunt" track I mean. I dig that Jega track as well, but I like basically anything that man puts his hands on.

• 4 months later...
Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

like this

• 1 year later...

[youtubehd]KoVGITzItmA[/youtubehd]

Are you sure this is a remix by µ-Ziq? I know this one as a genuine track by him. It sounds exactly like Grape Nuts (Part 1) from Bilious Paths.

If I remember correctly, I read an interview of Mike where he said that he accepted the remix request if he could also use it as an original tune. I don't have my record collection here, but I think it's credited in Bilious Paths booklet.

Favorite remix by µ-Ziq though, that's tough. HIs remix of Bjork's "Hunter" is great. But I think Kakapo gets it right with the geometry remix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmPebOMDVE

Yes, I also have many fond memories of this remix, it was quite inspiring.

The X-ASP remix is also great!

def those GC/reload remixes (though i gotta say with those they seem more like "covers" than "remixes")

the melodies and rhythms are all there, but not really hearing any "samples" or actual sounds from the originals...

he do this for most of his remixes?

Archived