IGNORED

Photographs of Decaying Olympic Sites

Hugh Mughnus

Stumbled across this in my facebook feed and thought it was pretty awesome.

It's photos of old Olympic sites "after the games". IDM as fuck lol.

http://io9.com/after-the-games-photographs-of-decaying-olympic-sites-503372635

Some of them look like really eerie.

Those are actually really cool, I love that kind of stuff. But abandoned buildings were voted most IDM last year already, get with the times StephenG, jeez

Lol I'm living in the past! wait a second... wasn't it incomplete skyscrapers last year?! haha

The Athens photos are really sad. Just shows how fucked the eurozone is.

I feel the same way.

side note: would love to drop acid in pretty much all of the places pictured. Seems like it'd be quite an experience.

So loads of money get poured into construction for a two-week event, and then the sites get abandoned?

Some of the photos remind me of the ghost town of Prypiat in northern Ukraine, which was abandoned during the Chernobyl meltdown in 1986. There are apparently some abandoned amusement parks in Japan as well.

original.jpg

Eureka, pretty sure this is where the secret BoC code has been pointing to all along... 36 = 6 x 6 > six hexagons > leaving for it in about a 1/2 hr if anyone wants to join!

Yeah one of those is the landmark ferris wheel of Prypiat.

This one is quite fuct up tho:

(Not NSFW, but might creep some people out)

Those Olympic sites just shows how much of a scam the Games are. Billions of taxpayers money gets funelled into the pockets of private entities on the false premise that it's going to increase the value of the areas involved, help the community and other BS, only to become abandoned soon afterwards.

Archived