IGNORED

meeting trent reznor

Alcofribas

Yah, so I was at Tower Records reading some art magazines, and prolly cuz of this thread, a name caught my eye on a magazine cover. I opened the magazine to the cover story to find this:

watmm_trent-reznor-2015.jpg

nice story. my brother and i met trent once in a wal-mart in hermitage, pa. this was christmas-time around 2000 - 2002 i think.

we were walking down the main aisle at the front of the store and trent was just walking the other way with a shopping cart. my brother and i both silently freaked out, then ran out to my car to get some NIN cds. when we got back into the store, we stole a sharpie from the art aisle and tracked down trent in one of the checkout lines. he was buying a ton of coca-cola and cat food (all i remember). we asked him to sign the cds and he was very nice about it. the cashier and others in the checkout line who didn't recognize him all gave us pretty strange looks.

my other brother worked at a circuit city near the wal-mart, and trent came in during the holidays for three years in a row during the same time period. we guessed he was visiting family who lived in the mercer, pa area at the time.

charlie clouser comes across like a champ......and has a running thread on gear slutz where he answers each and every question from the peanut gallery in explicit detail regarding ALL of his work with NIN and his solo productions.

it's a massive thread and extremely informative,loaded with very useable info for basically anyone interested in elctronica/sound design.

Thanks for the tip circa 2013! I have registered at gearslutz as a direct result.

Also, great thread. Don't know how I would have responded to meeting TR at 15. Probably blurt out something about his music being a big inspiration, but phrase it in a way that makes everyone feel uncomfortable.

A friend of mine lived a few houses up the street from that funeral home studio must have been about 97. He was there for about six months living in the upstairs of an old house. I spent about a week there .

walked past that place a few times. I remember all the cameras and stuff on the outside and they had an enclosed parking lot directly across the street. it was a fairly bad neighborhood from what I remember. After I had gone home my friend told me he had a minor house fire he had to get outside and wait for the fire dept. So he was standing there and fire dept is doing their thing and all the nin dudes come out to watch. I guess my friend asked one of them for a light. They laughed at him. I guess Trent was there and introduced himself. Long story short I guess he invited my friend in gave him a studio tour and made him a sandwich. Would be cool if some nin personnel could confirm this.

Yah, so I was at Tower Records reading some art magazines, and prolly cuz of this thread, a name caught my eye on a magazine cover. I opened the magazine to the cover story to find this:

watmm_trent-reznor-2015.jpg

Flol

Archived