IGNORED

[RUMOR] New Boards of Canada Single To Be Played On BBC Radio Scotland 20 May

Joyrex

not even gonna listen.

waiting for full release, kthnx.

no more BoCktease

agreed

I have a gut feeling the music in the video was not part of any track on the album. I may be wrong, though!

agreed

agreed

lol

agreed

agreed

tumblr_lvsvziLGeY1r7jy1ao1_500.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screw waiting, I'll take whatever BoC I can get as early as I can get it.

with you my good man.

don't understand hanging out here constantly and posting pointless twenty posts a day on the new boc album forum, which to me is the real enthusiasm killer, than listening to an actual new track.

makes no sense to me, but thats just me

with you my good man.

don't understand hanging out here constantly and posting pointless twenty posts a day on the new boc album forum, which to me is the real enthusiasm killer, than listening to an actual new track.

personally if I listen to a single before an album is released, I usually play the shit out of it and then when the album comes out, I'm sick of it and everything else is brand new so I end up skipping it. ruins the flow if the album. but that's me. I'd prefer it all to be fresh and new to me at once.

I could have sworn some of the 'purists' in this thread were right there with the rest if us listening to spl9 and tuinorizon back before exai came out. But I could be wrong

I could have sworn some of the 'purists' in this thread were right there with the rest if us listening to spl9 and tuinorizon back before exai came out. But I could be wrong

if you're referring to me, you're 'wrong'.

with you my good man.

personally if I listen to a single before an album is released, I usually play the shit out of it and then when the album comes out, I'm sick of it and everything else is brand new so I end up skipping it. ruins the flow if the album. but that's me. I'd prefer it all to be fresh and new to me at once.

I completely agree... That happened to me with the 2011 Seefeel album; played the shit out of the two singles before the album came out and then by the time the album was released I ended up skipping those two tracks (which also happened to be among the first tracks on the album). Only time has rectified this folly!

I cannot let this happen with Tomorrow's Harvest!

@ oscillik

Not you specifically. Thought I remembered Jules commenting about them, but it was such a chaotic time, I could have that wrong too.

And I can't disagree with the idea of avoiding it. The low quality broadcast of spl9 made me nervous exai would suck, which it most certainly didn't. So I'm sure I would have been better off avoiding it.

But for all the good intentions, I'm impatient and may still want to hear a preview

as soon as it appears 'in the wild', I'm grabbing it (in high quality of course), no matter where it comes from (official or leak).

if it leaks first, then too bad it wasn't released earlier.

Wikipedia has Germany and Ireland getting it before the rest of Europe. Last time I checked, both Germany and Ireland were in Europe, so why are they getting it before the rest of Europe?

Guest dylanmcknd

I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself from listening.

Also, did anyone else's TCH booklet smell like smoked meats when you first got it?

(I've been itching to ask that for a long time, and the moment seems just right)

@ oscillik

Not you specifically. Thought I remembered Jules commenting about them, but it was such a chaotic time, I could have that wrong too.

And I can't disagree with the idea of avoiding it. The low quality broadcast of spl9 made me nervous exai would suck, which it most certainly didn't. So I'm sure I would have been better off avoiding it.

But for all the good intentions, I'm impatient and may still want to hear a preview

I definitely did not listen to any exai before the release. I don't even remember any tracks floating around before exai came out.

if I could hold out on not listening to vicarious before 10,000 days came out, then I can and do do it for every band I love because I want that first experience to not be jaded at all.

Personally I'm looking forward to one long preview track of "album highlights" with all the boring bits left out. Just like Zomby said about Exai, I don't have time to hear BoC dilly-dally around, get to the good bits why don't you! I'm also hoping the cd comes with some kind of small plastic toy inside, or a coupon for 1/2 off their back catalog or something.

@ oscillik

I definitely did not listen to any exai before the release. I don't even remember any tracks floating around before exai came out.

if I could hold out on not listening to vicarious before 10,000 days came out, then I can and do do it for every band I love because I want that first experience to not be jaded at all.

Well today I learn I am wrong about many things

Archived