IGNORED

80 BPM bedroom jam

ambermonk

[sc5]92428033[/sc5]

Just started this one about 22 hours ago. Still trying to determine the overall direction of this track. Has kind of a hypnotic, nocturnal vibe (hypnocturnal?), with a slow-to-moderate tempo.

Feedback is welcome.

Sweet kick drum man! Oldschool IDM vibe in the melody. I like it.

Edit: it kinda fades out after a while, maybe you could add another element towards the end?

Guest isaki

very minimal but great sounds, love the drums... small change I'd make is have the song start with the melody then the drums come in instead of vice versa. that bass is sooo cosy

Cheers for the feedback guys, really appreciate it :)

Yeah I'm thinking about expanding this one, maybe add more flavour to it later on. Sometimes I fear I've been losing the energy to make music the past two years, but I gotta stay positive.

i love the melodies, makes me think of early autechre. i agree that the melody or bass should come in first (or together w/ beat), the beat can't carry itself but it is a good complement to the melodies.

you should consider putting maybe drum pattern that goes k--- s--ks -sk- s-k- (k = kick, s = snare) or something similar at the part where it is more 'crazy' because my ears were expecting it

Nice. The drums sound a bit dry though. Maybe a bit of reverb as suggested by th555? Like only the high frequencies reverbed to not muddle up the low end?

I really dig this! Just to confuse the vote, I'm going to say the drums are fine without verb. Something nice about the plain crunchiness of them. As noted above, the bass is quite tasty. Please post again when you have more, and tell that silly voice in your brain that it's fun to make music and it doesn't matter. Yay.

Appreciate the feedback again guys, it's honestly more than I was expecting.

Here's an updated version, which is nearly doubled in length. I edited the intro, and "dampened" the percussion as you guys suggested. Also tweaked the cutoff and rez on the bass synth to give it a more ethereal, harmonic sound. Anyway, here it is, for better or for worse:
[sc5]93169022[/sc5]

Yes, it sounds better to my ears too. It's not too bassy on the headphones at least.

Cool :)

If you guys have more suggestions I'll do my best to apply them to the trac.

Ah! JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

creepy-tot-strawberry-jam_large.jpg

jam_jar_small.jpg

Into this! It's probably no fun, but how did you happen into those drums? Very interesting tone/groove. :D

Glad you like :)

Well, it's just synthesized kick drum and snare. I got the idea of alternating, non-consecutive kick-and-snare rhythms from a couple of Autechre tracks. As for the tone, it was a bit dry at first, so I decided to add reverb and lo-cutoff short delay to make it more "wet".

Apologies for hijacking the YLC forum lately. I promise more listening to and offering feedback on the trax of fellow Music Makers here.

Archived