IGNORED

Coma - In Technicolor

KGW

Coma have quietly been releasing some of the best colourful, pop-infused techno on Kompakt over the past couple of years. This is their debut album (out earlier this month)

923396_10151543043118788_1934372391_n.jp

Has anybody been listening to this?

Electronic pop/house/disco/techno in typical Kompakt style.

Really nice stuff, especially for the summer!

Guest facades

I really enjoyed several of their previous EP, so I was really expecting the LP. Maybe my expectations were too high, cause if it's an enjoyable listening overall, I think something misses... On their EPs, they were doing very good "techno pop" tracks, but here, I often get the feeling it's either techno or pop, and the blend doesn't always work so well.

Hmmm.. I can kind of see where you're coming from, but overall this album hits the spot for me. It's exactly what I was expecting/hoping for from a Coma album. I do agree that their EPs probably have better highlights, but a whole album of tracks like Crystal or Playground Altona would not really have worked, in my opinion.

Hopefully this will be the soundtrack of my summer (with Bibio covering the more chilled out moments).

Guest facades

I agree with the "best of" thing... I'm far from being convinced it would have worked.

I don't know, I can't deny it's a pleasant listening, but I can't help feeling disappointed somehow. Maybe it's just not my emotionnal wavelength on this LP (their EPs make me sad, or happy, or happy/sad, but here, I'm just feeling OK).

I'm not in Bibio either (but God knows I've tried...), so maybe it's related :mellow:

Archived