IGNORED

Do you guys also get aroused by sound?

producer snafu

can we lock this thread? i mean, im tolerant of people talking about stuff and all, but people getting off to sound is just....gross.

Yeah, it isn't sexual arousal. It is a pleasurable sensation with no association to genital pleasure, and it also isn't the sensation you get from hearing awesome music.

It's more like a sense of security, or perhaps the most accurate description to me would be surrender. Like cats purr when you pet them but also when threatened.

This thread has certainly forced me to think about this phenomenon and its relationship to chills/thrills. I hope this hasn't ruined the experience for me. And I'm still convinced there is a lot of common ground. This isn't exactly science, but still interesting stuff.

Edited by manmower

Okay, topic aside, do those videos creep the living shit out of anyone else?

Not really, although they're not particularly effective at eliciting the response from me either.

But like I said, the context isn't always unambiguously pleasant when it does happen to me. Here's something with a strong creepy vibe that gets me in this state every single time I play it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls1OYn_xGzM

The latter segment of 1 1 is on Exai is arousing, but not necessarily in a sexual way.

Man, it really is more challenging to type correctly after a beer.

so there are people who really like the sound of a paintbrush being ruffled by fingers, but instead of owning a brush and playing with it, they watch youtube videos until the effect "wears off"?

al-gore-internet.jpg

ambermonk: a beer? pardon my lol

Edited by luke viia

Guest Gravity

so there are people who really like the sound of a paintbrush being ruffled by fingers, but instead of owning a brush and playing with it, they watch youtube videos until the effect "wears off"?

al-gore-internet.jpg

You can't relax to it if you're sitting there moving it up and down a piece of paper, when you listen to a recording you can chill out and just focus on it. It's honestly like a drugged out feeling if you get really into it.

Stiegl, 16.9 oz can. I only drink on occasion tho.

I'd probably be chugging more than that if I was hanging out with you guys IRL

fair enough, just seems weird reading those comments of things like "there aren't many good brush videos on youtube, thanks for this!" etc. seems like a pretty helpless attitude, just needed to poke fun at it

Guest Gravity

fair enough, just seems weird reading those comments of things like "there aren't many good brush videos on youtube, thanks for this!" etc. seems like a pretty helpless attitude, just needed to poke fun at it

Don't forget good writing videos! :emotawesomepm9:

I can't even watch more than like 20 seconds at a time.

ECK

They were sort of weird at first but then i realized if you just say 'fuck it' and really listen to them, it becomes quite relaxing

al-gore-internet.jpg

You can't relax to it if you're sitting there moving it up and down a piece of paper, when you listen to a recording you can chill out and just focus on it. It's honestly like a drugged out feeling if you get really into it.

True, I don't get it when I'm vacuuming, but I do when someone else is. In the shower I get it by myself though, it's pretty straightforward in that case to "chill out and just focus on it".

Guest Frankie5fingers

is there something wrong with me if i don't feel anything at all by any of these videos? they aren't doing a thing for me.

I can't even watch more than like 20 seconds at a time.

ECK

Yes, they are very creepy.

this is the only video were the sound alone gives me that scalp tingle feeling. nothing like what those comments say though, jesus.

if someone made a 'do you get aroused by smells' thread i would have alot more to say

Guest isaki

can we lock this thread? i mean, im tolerant of people talking about stuff and all, but people getting off to sound is just....gross.

nobody gets off to ASMR vids ( or maybe they do, but that's not their purpose )

this thread went in the wrong direction the moment "aroused" was put in the title though

Edited by isaki

im not judging, im just saying that for people to listen to things and get off on it is disturbing, gross, and shameful.

im not judging, im just saying that for people to listen to things and get off on it is disturbing, gross, and shameful.

nobody is getting off, people do it to relax, it triggers a relaxing tingling feeling on people, nothing sexual about it.

Edited by Deer

Guest isaki

yes I understand what you are saying but ASMR videos are not for this purpose