IGNORED

Thoughts and Reminiscing Old [adult swim]…

Guest Hexagon Hobbes

Guest Hexagon Hobbes

In my opinion, ol' [as] is kinda gone down the tubes. When I remember what they used to be, I still have respect for them. Specific thread, I know. But it's another peice for us 90's kids.

End of Toonami:

12 Oz. Mouse:

And a Nice Bump:

Share some thoughts and favorites.

Guest Gravity

I wish PFFR would have given Xavier: Renegade Angel just one more season. They were teasing at a movie, but that never ended up happening or was just a joke. Got EXTREMELY out there in the second season but it was always a trip to watch. First season has tons of genuine lols though, was genius.

I wish PFFR would have given Xavier: Renegade Angel just one more season. They were teasing at a movie, but that never ended up happening or was just a joke. Got EXTREMELY out there in the second season but it was always a trip to watch. First season has tons of genuine lols though, was genius.

xavier was one of the best. Second season is just as good as the first, just a little different. The series finale, in which xavier has sex with his mom and has a giant incest baby purple ice cream cone, is one of the most densely written 11 minutes ever broadcast on TV. Utter insanity. But I think that's the point. PFFR are rad.

Guest Gravity

xavier was one of the best. Second season is just as good as the first, just a little different. The series finale, in which xavier has sex with his mom and has a giant incest baby purple ice cream cone, is one of the most densely written 11 minutes ever broadcast on TV. Utter insanity. But I think that's the point. PFFR are rad.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, season 2 was mind blowing. I just find myself more in awe of the detail than laughing with that one. Each episode is like the TV equivalent of a Drukqs track or something. The whole time traveling thing in "Haunted Tonk" where he visits his younger self and ends up altering everything throughout was brilliant.

Guest Frankie5fingers

I still watch adult swim and as long as you watch after midnight it's still great.

yeah, i dont think Adult swim has lost anything really. yeah some of our favorite shows were from about a decade ago but still, they have some good ones still. Harvey Birdman was probably my favorite Adult Swim show of all.

Guest Hexagon Hobbes

Harvey Birdman, Sealab, ATHF, Venture Bros.

those were great days.

Venture Bros. is the best. They're doing a season five pretty soon. I cant wait. The spoiler kinda made it seem Doc was going to be a better scientist.

#Birdman4Life

tumblr_ln52c5in1b1qcuq61o1_250.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZnjcFQUqJI

still my favourite space ghost moment.

"everything gets married! even animals and spiders. and just because they don't have cakes and suits and wedding parties and expensive suits doesn't mean that they aren't. ahem. married. COME ON, FIGHT ME."

Do you like sulfur!?

I have a special place in heart for Spaceghost. I had a spastic cousin (one of those excessively picky eaters who ate sugar-based foods for 90% of his diet) who had cable when I didn't and despite being more restricted in what he could watch and listen to in regards to movies and music, his parents let him watch Cartoon Network late at night even though he was 6 or 7. I was a bit older and he would not stop telling me about Spaceghost. I had always been a sucker for the absurd and silly, so it was right up my alley. I can't even recall the episode but I remember there was a song called "wake up it's a new day" and a scene where Spaceghost "danced" via awkward animation looping.

I was a bit older and he would not stop telling me about Spaceghost. I had always been a sucker for the absurd and silly, so it was right up my alley. I can't even recall the episode but I remember there was a song called "wake up it's a new day" and a scene where Spaceghost "danced" via awkward animation looping.

I too was about 7 or 8 when I first found Space Ghost. My dad would always fall asleep on the couch; effectively letting me watch movies (with boobs) and whatever else all night. Space Ghost appealed to me on a level I never knew existed. Re-watching it now lends itself to just how innovative and post-modern the show was. Plus it launched Cartoon Planet and Adult Swim as a whole.

Not a fan of Tenacious D but still a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SWzuPQ2E6SE#t=67s

Guest Frankie5fingers

I was a bit older and he would not stop telling me about Spaceghost. I had always been a sucker for the absurd and silly, so it was right up my alley. I can't even recall the episode but I remember there was a song called "wake up it's a new day" and a scene where Spaceghost "danced" via awkward animation looping.

I too was about 7 or 8 when I first found Space Ghost. My dad would always fall asleep on the couch; effectively letting me watch movies (with boobs) and whatever else all night. Space Ghost appealed to me on a level I never knew existed. Re-watching it now lends itself to just how innovative and post-modern the show was. Plus it launched Cartoon Planet and Adult Swim as a whole.

my parents were actually the ones that showed me space ghost. my whole family would stay up and watch it when we could. to this day we still quote the show.

Xavier: Renegade Angel reminds me of the Artificial Intelligence series. Probably my favorite Adult Swim original series, it was so surreal and philosophical and psychedelic, woof.

I loved Spaceghost late at night, great show.

Archived