IGNORED

New consoles/E3 2013 thread

Npoess

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's ironic that the Killer Instinct actually looks aesthetically worse and lower quality graphics wise than the original.

the original employed groundbreaking techniques for the time, all pre-redenered graphics but used rotating dynamic full motion videos to flesh out the levels/backgrounds.

Imagine how good a game could look now that used the same technique on the power of today's consoles. I mean for fucks sake it's a fighting game, it's not necessary to make the engine fully 3d.
The amount of full motion video textures and pieces they could make on today's console power would look ridiculously good.

I'm sad that we're stuck int his 'everything has to be 3d' mode. So much potential for cool looking graphical experiments. Even a digitized photographic game now would be pretty amazing.

looks like Sony wins for console and online structure, price and used games. i think MS had better exclusives though. both consoles look retarded, like stereo components from some trendy 80s yuppie's house.

Guest glasse

In other news, Nintendo...? Anything genuinely exciting from them to be announced other than Smash Brothers (which doesn't excite me all that much)?

I'm not sure what is being announced at E3, but there are a few games I am excited for. Splinter Cell Blacklist is one and the return of Spies vs Mercs. I liked Chaos Theory and Pandora Tomorrow a lot with this game mode, Double Agent was ok but different and then they removed it altogether in Conviction. If Blops II is any indication I'm hoping this mode can be played locally between the TV and gamepad.

Also excited for the Windwaker HD remake as well as the Duck Tales remaster, loved that game on NES. I will probably get Arkham Origins on Wii U. Bayonetta 2 is the exclusive getting a lot of talk, I think I saw they are showing that tomorrow actually.

Also just looking forward to them porting more virtual console games over to the e shop so they can be played on the gamepad.

Spies vs. Mercs was so fucking awesome when it first came out. I wish there was more stuff like that. It seems like that idea was really great and you would think that a great idea would be developed, expanded on, and made better over time but instead it just disappears.

I'm sure there was other stuff though, not to be too cynical.

Not to be too cynical but I haven't seen anything that really blew me away. A lot of scripted stuff, and I can tell there have been developments in single player immersion over the past few years.

I would say that Destiny is easily my most anticipated new title right now. I look forward to seeing the full gameplay announcement.

the first HD Mario platformer should be cool, also hoping for mentions of Dragon Quest X and Earthbound for VC.

fuck earthbound would be beautiful! =)

I love earthbound

Guest jasondonervan

Gemasolar (Photo Mode)
Gemasolar is a massive concentrated solar power plant located in Seville, Spain. A total of 2650 reflector mirrors that are each 9 metres tall and 12 metres wide are arranged in a circular layout, and the facility generates enough electricity to power 25000 homes. This expansive facility covers an amazing 185 hectares (approximately 457 acres) of land, making it a particularly scenic spot in Gran Turismo. This is a truly unique location where the utilization of limitless natural energy is visualized on a colossal scale.

ibYzr1eU4GRA8.jpg

iMXrwRaaTszN2.jpg

iHqtr3LSKN9Sn.jpg

IDM as fuck

Guest jasondonervan

PS4 is region free?

Wow!

Brilliant news, isn't it? Not only for still being able to play all the weird and wonderful titles that don't make it out of Japan officially, but also for getting hold of cheaper games thanks to the 'Asia region' versions.

Archived