IGNORED

New consoles/E3 2013 thread

Npoess

this whole "integrated media system" thing increasingly pisses me off. I don't buy cable, I don't buy Netflix, and I don't plan to in the near future. Perhaps I shall finally convert to a full-on PC gamer?

also FUCK DLC. I don't care, I really fucking don't. Either you give me the whole fucking game when it's released for 60-70 dollars, or I torrent the rest of the shit or bar buying it altogether until the GOTY edition is on sale for 30 bucks. Eat shit game industry.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with Sony also looking into used games DRM, it seems next gen console buyers will have to base their purchasing decision on which company will screw them over the least. Not how it should be, and glad I have Nintendo consoles to keep me busy.

Guest jasondonervan

I shifted my 360 this weekend on ebay. Last game I really enjoyed was Forza Horizon, but it was becoming more of a dust magnet than my original Wii. All told I went through about 9 or 10 units since launch day. It was great for multiplayer in the early years, but as time went on most people I had halols with either didn't renew their Live sub or just lost interest. It's funny how the PS3 has maintained itself for me - there are still games that I'm looking forward to playing on it (Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Gran Turismo 6), so I doubt I'll be jumping on a PS4 on launch day. In fact, for every bit of Sony PS hardware since the original, I've always left it a year or two for some reason. I went down the gaming PC route a couple of years ago (my only regret being that I hadn't done so sooner), so that makes the lure of a new console much less urgent to me anyway.

And no chance am I buying an Xbone.

this whole "integrated media system" thing increasingly pisses me off. I don't buy cable, I don't buy Netflix, and I don't plan to in the near future. Perhaps I shall finally convert to a full-on PC gamer?

PC gaming is good and you can get far more mileage out from one than you used to thanks to consoles locking down the hardware capabilities offered to developers for several years.

Fish moving out of the way is a fantastic feature thats been overdue for decades, it always pissing me off when im playing a game and the character swims thru a bunch of fish and the fish dont move out of the way.

Guest Frankie5fingers

FLOL

this thing must have been made by a bunch of senior citizens. have they ever played a video game before?

Guest Frankie5fingers

you know, i want a game where i can catch fish.

woah woah woah there pal. now dont get ahead of yourself.

I'm probably going to get in a lot of trouble for posting this. But I've actually been working on the next-next gen consoles (the XBox Zero and PS.net) and have some prototype footage of what we're working on at the moment:

Guest jasondonervan

I'm probably going to get in a lot of trouble for posting this. But I've actually been working on the next-next gen consoles (the XBox Zero and PS.net) and have some prototype footage of what we're working on at the moment:

lolzers, dat DDR3

I shifted my 360 this weekend on ebay. Last game I really enjoyed was Forza Horizon, but it was becoming more of a dust magnet than my original Wii. All told I went through about 9 or 10 units since launch day. It was great for multiplayer in the early years, but as time went on most people I had halols with either didn't renew their Live sub or just lost interest. It's funny how the PS3 has maintained itself for me - there are still games that I'm looking forward to playing on it (Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Gran Turismo 6), so I doubt I'll be jumping on a PS4 on launch day. In fact, for every bit of Sony PS hardware since the original, I've always left it a year or two for some reason. I went down the gaming PC route a couple of years ago (my only regret being that I hadn't done so sooner), so that makes the lure of a new console much less urgent to me anyway.

And no chance am I buying an Xbone.

I've been thinking about this - PS3 and the great games/stride it has now might hurt Sony more than anything Microsoft can throw at it - it's almost as if Sony is releasing the PS4 now more for developers, so they get their heads around the hardware (and give them time to ramp up) so by the time Microsoft is recovering (if at all) from their blunder with the Xbone, Sony will once again be dominating with the PS4, and finally the late adopters will come on board as the PS3 hits it's true twilight years.

If the next gen consoles were a HUGE jump forward (4K resolution, etc.), then there might be a more compelling reason to buy them on launch, but as it stands right now (granted, we haven't seen what E3 will reveal), they're mostly what the PS3/360 should have been at launch. I think perhaps the original XBOX and PS2 should have lasted a bit longer than they did (say around 2011).

You troll no ? maybe lack of glasses has disabled your ability to see that graphics have moved a shiteload forward making the consoles look way dated comnpared to PC and holding back gaming graphics in general due to cross platform titles having to be compatible with the console's old hardware.

i can't tell man, you can't be serious. it's so dry, i can't detect the irony in your post.

You troll no ? maybe lack of glasses has disabled your ability to see that graphics have moved a shiteload forward making the consoles look way dated comnpared to PC and holding back gaming graphics in general due to cross platform titles having to be compatible with the console's old hardware.

i can't tell man, you can't be serious. it's so dry, i can't detect the irony in your post.

I'm talking about console graphics - I know PC graphics have moved forward (inasmuch if you have the graphics card and monitor and hardware to support those lofty specs, which in itself is a hugely limiting factor).

Also, these claims that 'consoles are holding back PC games' is a load of bunk - the reason PC games are being 'held back' graphically is because outside the indy titles, the only commercial PC games being made that aren't strictly PC-only are from the same people making the console versions - why would they expend the resources and time making a superior PC version for a market that is much smaller than the consoles?

The good news is, now that consoles are catching up with the PC again visually, PC games will get better (and the fact the console hardware is becoming more PC-like in terms of components being used) as well.

I'm talking about console graphics - I know PC graphics have moved forward (inasmuch if you have the graphics card and monitor and hardware to support those lofty specs, which in itself is a hugely limiting factor).

Also, these claims that 'consoles are holding back PC games' is a load of bunk - the reason PC games are being 'held back' graphically is because outside the indy titles, the only commercial PC games being made that aren't strictly PC-only are from the same people making the console versions - why would they expend the resources and time making a superior PC version for a market that is much smaller than the consoles?

The good news is, now that consoles are catching up with the PC again visually, PC games will get better (and the fact the console hardware is becoming more PC-like in terms of components being used) as well.

lol isn't that what i was saying, the very same thing Bunk on you my friend, a bunk on you. (lower bunk, i call top bunk) heh !

Archived