IGNORED

Kanye West - Yeezus

Guest abracadabra

Guest abracadabra

I'm really sorry if I offend anyone posting this because it's not teh idm, but I thought "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" was a fantastic album.

Kanye debuted two new tracks on Saturday Night Live, which will be on the next album, titled Yeezus. Here are the two performances. I think Black Skinheads is pretty good, while New Slaves is so-so.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/kanye-west-black-skinhead/n36982

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/kanye-west-new-slaves/n36983

Also, Kim Kardashian, posted this on instagram which could be the artwork for Yeezus:

A2EhUlj.jpg

Edited by abracadabra

i wanna like kanye. lots of hip hop nerds love him and think he's the shit. but every time i give his records a shot it just sounds to me like some of the worst, cheesiest elements from like a shitty journey record combined with broke ass beats.

Edited by Alcofribas

Guest Gravity

What's that in the cover? Aluminium foil?

It's a bust being torn in half.

Also I'm interested in this new direction he's taking, enjoyed those tracks.

i wanna like kanye. lots of hip hop nerds love him and think he's the shit. but every time i give his records a shot it just sounds to me like some of the worst, cheesiest elements from like a shitty journey record combined with broke ass beats.

yep.

and like SpanishGuy said, his self absorbed "I'm the black reincarnation of jesus" attitude just makes me want to smash his face regardless of whether his music is shitty or not.

I don't know (almost) anything about Kanye West.

I can't explain it but I just avoid him and his music.

me too, though i do love reading people's reactions to his behavior

yep.

and like SpanishGuy said, his self absorbed "I'm the black reincarnation of jesus" attitude just makes me want to smash his face regardless of whether his music is shitty or not.

weirdly, i find his persona one of the reasons that makes me want to like him. like, if his music was just fucking incredible it would be hilarious and awesome for him to act like he does. but sadly it's just so excruciatingly cheesy.

yep.

I didn't say anything lol, that was Ceerial. All I've heard from the yeezy is that Power track and the South Park episode. Gay fish, yo

yep.

I didn't say anything lol, that was Ceerial. All I've heard from the yeezy is that Power track and the South Park episode. Gay fish, yo

Oh yeah! LOL so it was him, sorry bout' that.

I'm not actually a violent guy or anything I just don't understand his misguided self appreciation lol. Yeah kanye definitely likes fish-sticks

I haven't been interested in Kanye in years, but... this new darker more aggressive turn he seems to be taking could be interesting, I have my eye on this album. Also rumor has it he's been hanging with MC Ride of Death Grips (speculated that may have been Ride on one of the synths in the back during the SNL performance) so maybe that will have some influence on this album?

Guest CraniumXII

yeezus christ, this is a piss poor imitation of saul williams

LOL, true...

Eventually the mass of his ego will collapse into itself, creating a blackhole that'll kill us all.

exactly.

The production sounded really interesting, but the subject matter and the character representing it is fucking ridiculous.

Hey, let's perform a song called "New Slaves" on SNL with a flashy background video of "NOT FOR SALE" stickers, to encourage anti-consumer sentiment and rebellion by, you know, mass marketing digital purchases from the largest digital artist in the past decade by watching two performances on a popular saturday night comedy show. What a badass. What a trail blazer.

I gotta say...I kinda liked "Black Skinhead".

I like the artistic direction and style of it, but it really isn't something I would listen to. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't some over-produced pop song disguised as hip hop though.

yeezus christ, this is a piss poor imitation of saul williams

you know, i hand't thought of that but... you're probably right

exactly.

The production sounded really interesting, but the subject matter and the character representing it is fucking ridiculous.

Hey, let's perform a song called "New Slaves" on SNL with a flashy background video of "NOT FOR SALE" stickers, to encourage anti-consumer sentiment and rebellion by, you know, mass marketing digital purchases from the largest digital artist in the past decade by watching two performances on a popular saturday night comedy show. What a badass. What a trail blazer.

fucking lol smetty

exactly.

fucking lol smetty

OHHHHHH!

That's where smettingham rutherford went. He's SR4 :facepalm: