IGNORED

Kanye West - Yeezus

Guest abracadabra

Help write that article, I'm mentioned at the bottom! Reggie is an acquaintance of mine (never met IRL but talk to him a lot online, know him through a good friend). I sent him 10 tracks I thought of listening to and he kept 3 or 4. He compiled the rest.

This album sounds like it's trying to be super edgy and angry. With emphasis on trying. It's like he wanted to make something aggressive without actually being angry. Weird.

I agree, but at least that's more than most pop music. Maybe it'll do something good in the end.

Help write that article, I'm mentioned at the bottom! Reggie is an acquaintance of mine (never met IRL but talk to him a lot online, know him through a good friend). I sent him 10 tracks I thought of listening to and he kept 3 or 4. He compiled the rest.

you're such a pro!

Cool beats. Horrid lyrics and rapping. Thus is the story of post-college dropout Kanye.

For a dude who has millions to throw at his music and holds his talent in such high regard, I expect more. Good for him, though. He could shit on a record and go platinum and people would spin stories of the genius placement of corn in it.

WTF is the deal with grime anyways? I get like a minute or two into any grime track and I immediately go 'fuck this'

What's frustrating, is that the first 3 tracks were co-produced with Daft Punk. The beats are exactly what I would expect out of the group in 2013, not some silly boring pseudo half disco half boring slow R&B.

I love the new album as I have with most of his albums, and especially the last 4. I feel this is just another step in his musical evolution, and although nothing of what he does here is new he is breaking it to a whole new audience, and he does it well. I love it for it's many references, but also for what he does with them and makes it his own. Another classic!

this

What's frustrating, is that the first 3 tracks were co-produced with Daft Punk. The beats are exactly what I would expect out of the group in 2013, not some silly boring pseudo half disco half boring slow R&B.

although I think a lot of this borders on really questionable taste, I also find it fascinating (and I haven't bought or listened to any Kanye in the past). This "taste of freshness" is the feeling I was hoping to get from the new BoC. In fact, quite a bit of this shit borders on Hell Interface territory. Apples to oranges of course, but I wish more artists would take risks like this.

It sounds just like what it probably is, a bored, probably half crazy rich guy at the height of his fame with nowhere to go...but still angry enough to set the world on fire. I love the careless feel of his raps, that still work...like a random stream of consciousness that is so audaciously crap that it actually kind of works (mainly because the aggression makes it seem like it all must be tongue in cheek?) I love him yelling "hurry up with my damn croissants!" in I am a God, that is hilariously badass.

Color me intrigued...

you're such a pro!

lol

tbh it's odd - I just randomly know him and others through a friend who used to work for our university's newspaper - they all freelance write and he's the more "successful" one. I chat when them a few times every week in this mailing list-esque chain message on FB. I'm actually the person who recommends them a lot of electronic music to listen to. There's another guy who is a huge metal fan and has written reviews for many metal magazines and a handful of pfork reviews of black and death metal. Overall though, they all follow general indie stuff and have a much different taste and take on pop music and hip-hop. It's interesting to compare the conversations to ones I read here. I don't express my cynical take on online music journalism over there as much either, for obvious reasons. A couple make a living off of it, many have other day jobs though.

Also, I lol'd when he used AFX - elephant song - I had sent him a sarcastic tweet I found earlier but he thought it was a real recommendation. Oh well.

imho pls STFU about yr relationship with these guys from now on... it is a bit foggy still, but do i see some quite good trolling potential in this? i think i do.

in other news, what kind of poo is this album.

imho pls STFU about yr relationship with these guys from now on... it is a bit foggy still, but do i see some quite good trolling potential in this? i think i do.

in other news, what kind of poo is this album.

lol why would you tell tx to stfu? i think that's pretty rad that he got a shout out at the end of that post, and the fact that we have a fellow watmmer who recommends good electronic music to billboard columnists. that's actually super cool.