IGNORED

Kanye West - Yeezus

Guest abracadabra

I thought the production sounded horrible, but maybe it was just the encoding of the rip I got?

I can easily imagine it being brickwalled as fuck and the encoding making it worse. Top40 radio stations are absolute hell to my ears since the stations overclip the already overclipped music they broadcast.

I thought the production sounded horrible, but maybe it was just the encoding of the rip I got?

I can easily imagine it being brickwalled as fuck and the encoding making it worse. Top40 radio stations are absolute hell to my ears since the stations overclip the already overclipped music they broadcast.

It was definitely brickwalled as fuck, and on one track it was clipping in a way that creates audible static, Death Magnetic style. It definitely got me thinking about what passes off as "well produced" these days. I swear in any other era people would agree that it just sounds ugly. The new JT actually sounds really nice to my ears, and I can respect Timbaland as a good producer despite him being intolerably conceited. But I still can't think of Kanye as anything but a garbage artist/producer who won the lottery and used his winnings to make the world more retarded.

Heh. It is indeed limited to death. However, some of the parts you can tell were brickwalled to the point of extreme distortion and then lowered to sit in the mix. You could at least argue that it's an aesthetic.

Personally I love the crapped-on way this record sounds. It reminds me of moments in my youth when I would question the way Downward Spiral sounded ("fuck, is there something wrong with my cassette?"). Even though I hate the lyrics, I think a huge part of what makes this better than new NIN to me is that Kanye sounds like he means it. Desperate, weird, haunted, arrogant, angry - all the things TR used to sound like. If TR gave this passionate of a vocal performance (and took his vocals back in the mix - even Kanye's are lower than TR's on the new shit - but anyway) I probably wouldn't even be comparing these two albums . . .

admittedly i have never understand any of kanye's appeal, but after just hearing "black skinhead" on the radio, i have to say it's more terrible than i thought. there are certain artists whose music is so great i can overlook bad lyrics or a grating vocal, but this guy is the complete bad package. bad, un-creative music, bad lyrics, bad rapping, it's just bad.

plus he acts like a jackass.

admittedly i have never understand any of kanye's appeal, but after just hearing "black skinhead" on the radio, i have to say it's more terrible than i thought. there are certain artists whose music is so great i can overlook bad lyrics or a grating vocal, but this guy is the complete bad package. bad, un-creative music, bad lyrics, bad rapping, it's just bad.

i dont understand why its even on watmm

i like the album haha, i have a Mothers of Invention vibe with it lol!

why so serious people go steal/buy this egodeath enema skip/ delete "blood on the leaves" and enjoy

Yeah man, I mean, a music thread in a music forum, what the fuck

yea Man, i mean, theres no Justin Timber music thread either, what the sarcastic fuck.

Edited by zupiclone

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah man, I mean, a music thread in a music forum, what the fuck

Let's not use the term music so loosely now.... lol :wink:

i agree, it kind of upsets me. I understand having a Bowie thread, because he is a quality musician but the crossover of b- white suburban hip hop 'fans' in an electronic music forum makes me want to go on a killing spree

(and just to clarify i like good hip hop, i don't like mainstream hip hop that has somehow avoided the ire of all fans of good quality music at large)

Edited by John Ehrlichman

i agree, it kind of upsets me. I understand having a Bowie thread, because he is a quality musician but the crossover of b- white suburban hip hop 'fans' in an electronic music forum makes me want to go on a killing spree

Let's do it!

:crazy:

Ah c'mon, your violence would be better placed somewhere else. Listen to the first 20 seconds of I Am A God or that one that starts with screaming. Fucking amazing, notwithstanding the fact that it's on a Top 40 album.

However, after a few more listens, I wish there was a damn instrumental version of this album. Kanye is completely unnecessary and distracting. Except for "In a French-ass restaurant/hurry up with my damn croissants!!!"

(and just to clarify i like good hip hop, i don't like mainstream hip hop that has somehow avoided the ire of all fans of good quality music at large)

i love bowie but listen to these tracks and you tell me it's worse then the 100's of shit tracks bowie made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT3swdCJrrg&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIAfh43Hg&feature=player_detailpage

give me a break, some of you people need to have some more fun

However, after a few more listens, I wish there was a damn instrumental version of this album. Kanye is completely unnecessary and distracting. Except for "In a French-ass restaurant/hurry up with my damn croissants!!!"

lol exactly why we are saying he's you know, shitty. His album is better off without him on it... what does that tell you? lol

Guest trananhhung

Let's do it!

:crazy:

7efc0b3f_not_sure_if_serious_jack_nichol

i love bowie but listen to these tracks and you tell me it's worse then the 100's of shit tracks bowie made

hundreds? srlsy? i'll give you that there were maybe 20/30 some shit bowie tracks that were written before space odyssey, when he went by Davey Jones lol (imo of course).. im a bowie fanatic though so im pretty biased. i will say that i don't really listen to much bowie pre-ziggy stardust, not a huge fan of any of his output 1964-1972, except for Hunky Dory.. 74/diamond dogs era and forward is where my bowie obsession lies.

and wait, there's a bowie thread on here? how did i miss this?